Reviews for Maybe
Louey06 chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
No! Why do you say these things to me? They hurt me so deeply. If only Dean had said that. everything would have been different. Well done though, this was perfectly sad and heartfelt and all of those things. nice story
ryder21 chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
Wow, amazing story and you made my heart bleed for Dean again blaming himself. Very, very nice pick up on that one line he used to warn Sam, I am amazed at you analysis and how well you understand the Winchesters. You definitely need to start writing them again.
laurie31 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Great job! I also wondered why Dean didn't shout something such as, "behind you!" something Sam would have responded to instinctively. It also lends more depth to Dean's anguish about screwing up.
Chjajcjjslakncjska chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Oh my god i think I'm going to be sick that was so good. DAMN IT BOYS YOURE MAKING ME CRY AGAIN!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
How much just one little phrase would have changed. Also, Sam was trained better than to turn his back on an enemy but he wanted so to redeem Jake, he let him get the weapon back.
Catsmeeeow chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
What great insight you have with the boys. I never really thought about their specific calls or orders to each other but now I will. Wonderful insight.
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Great Story! I could definately feel Dean's heartache at the end, when he realized Sam was dead.

I totally agree with your views on the catch phrases that Sam and Dean use. "Look out" really wasn't specific enough to get an instant reaction from Sam. It wasn't ingrained in his psyche, so there was a delay while he processed what Dean was telling him. I DO believe that if Dean had yelled "Sam, drop!" or "Sam, get down!", Sam would have dodged the killing blow, maybe only being injured instead. Even "Sam, behind you!" would have caused Sam to twist aside and retaliate. I wonder if the writers put that much thought in the writing of that episode, or if it was just a 'mistake'?

Thanks for writing this, it makes a lot of sense. :)
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
I LOVED this! Absolutely loved it. I always thought it was strange that Dean said that, too. But then I thought I was nitpicking but it's nice to know I'm not the only one. LOL But really I'm sure what happened is that Dean panicked. And they're expertly trained and usually prove that undoubtedly but Dean had been wound up so tight those days that Sam had been missing and the relief at seeing Sam and seeing Sam's relief and joy at seeing him probably threw him and he probably relaxed a little too much at that very moment. It's amazing what a split second decision can do cuz I think you're totally right. If Dean had said "Drop!" Or "Get down!" Sam probably would have survived. At least long enough for Dean to get there and make the decision to kill Jake for Sam. I think it's very telling of how amazing the writing is on this show that they had Dean specifically say "look out!" Cuz really, how is Sam supposed to react to that? He can't. Not in the 2 seconds between that scream and the knife being plunged into his back. This episode is SO d*mn heartbreaking cuz it's filled to the brim with "what ifs" What if Dean had seen Sam being taken from the diner and got in there before they disappeared? Would Dean have died there like Ava's fiance did? What if Sam hadn't left the knife on the ground for Jake to use. Would Jake had found some other way to kill Sam? What if Dean had said "Drop"? And it's heartbreaking not just because of Sam's suffering and Dean's pain, anguish and more than likely self-blame. It's heartbreaking and tragic because it's that very moment that it all begins. Everything following that can be traced back to that very moment. And I know, it can also be traced back to Mary's deal, back to Mary bursting into her friend's house and being seen by Azazel. It can be traced back to Azazel making that promise to Lucifer in that convent to find a special child. It can be traced back to when "Dad flipped on the lights around here" as Gabriel said. But that moment, when Jake killed Sam, led the boys right on the path that Heaven and Hell wanted them on. Even what's happening now in S7 can be traced back to that moment, really. They're lives have never and will never be the same. This was an amazing story and Dean's thought process is exactly what I believe Dean was thinking about. Of course he would find some way to blame himself for this. Oh those poor broken self sacrificing boys. You write them so well, in action, dialogue, and thoughts. Just amazing. I'm favoriting this because I just have to. It's incredible. Sad, but incredible. Thank you for this. *hugs*
Adrian Nox chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Damnit, that was sad...And really good. Friggin' amazing actually. I'd never thought of that scene that way all of which goest to prove that you write some of the best analyzations of Supernatural out there, and the best, by far, that I've personally ever read.
giacinta chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Poor Dean, something else to add to the things he blames himself for.

In the end even Dean is only human and he was so relieved to see his brother that he let his usual alertness slip.

However he did punish himself for his mistake with 40 yearrs in Hell.

Nice piece :-)
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Wow, what an interesting thought and so very true.

Dean has always yelled specific intructions to Sam when there has been danger or a fight. He was to far away for Sam to read the fear in Dean's eyes so wouldn't know about Jake behind him.

I enjoyed reading this. You did a great job writing Dean's thoughts.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
This is exactly the kind of thing Dean would torture himself over. Excellent observation on your part!