Reviews for Spoiling It
Melchy chapter 12 . 12/30/2013
this is one of the most delightful stories I have ever read. You made the characters so real and charming and even better than watching them on tv. I loved the way you captured the time period and the attention to detail of the clothes and cars and how everyone spoke and moved.

My pal Gratefully Dead told me your stories were tops and she was right! I look forward to the others I see. (And oh yes, so very sexy and romantic!)
razraz chapter 12 . 12/30/2011
fabulous - I enjoyed every part of this - meeting all the Masons, the slowly developing relationship between Perry and Della.

thank you for your wonderful story.
razraz chapter 11 . 12/30/2011
"he made her breathless by just being him."

and then slap bang with angst

""Your sister-in-law is convinced my last name wil one day be Mason, and I can't allow myself to dream that dream..."
razraz chapter 10 . 12/30/2011
"I tolerated holding him. I enjoy holding you."

"I''m going to be forward until you say stop, Della."

Della had been expecting Bart to show up eventually after Valerie left.

All so good - love Valerie trying to get Della a pay rise.
razraz chapter 9 . 12/30/2011
Loving the exchanges between Valerie and Bart particularly this one.

"What did you say to her, Bartholomew?"

Also her assessment of the whole Laura/Perry saga and then Bart's grumble, "They are probably talking about baseball,"

The exchange between Della and Valerie - they are very forthright the Masons aren't they.

I can't pick out more bits or I'll just be rewriting the whole chapter. I love how every exchange reveals a little more about all involved.
razraz chapter 8 . 12/30/2011
"Sweet little name. A bit young, isn't she?"

I love how Bart knows how to attack on something Perry is concerned about.

Love Perry's "No, she's the reason I stayed in Los Angeles." Yea!

Favourite bit

"Della's eyes narrowed. "I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt...I don't think you know either of us well enough to holds such an opinion." you go girl!

"My opinion of football, Mr Mason..." loved this
razraz chapter 7 . 12/30/2011
I was warming to Bart but his appreciation of Laura has me immediately offside - and yeah Valerie for cheering when Perry arrived with out Laura.

Perry burning his hands on the pot - and her reaction.

"Then stick with me, Chief and I'll scare up the friendlies for you." she is gorgeous isn't she
razraz chapter 6 . 12/30/2011
"Why would you have shown up with Della..." great exchange between Perry and Paul, Perry trying to be all tough and Paul realising what was going on but still jumping into action - possible more to save his friend than concern about Perry pulling out his business - but you never know.

Della's reasons for not displaying her abilities in the kitchen - very considered.

"Thirty Masons, good grief." she's so refined
razraz chapter 5 . 12/30/2011
Perry thinking one night away should prove he wasn't dependent on her. hee hee.

Again your descriptive details "she stretched slowly and for an extended period of time, unconsciously performing choreographed dance moves from endless childhood recitals..." provide so much to your stories.

I like Joanne character- especially Perry realising how he would have been briefly taken by her in the passed - but she can't dance - how terrible in that day and age. I imagine he always had women just like her throwing themselves at him.

Della laughing at her wet hair and no coat good stuff.
razraz chapter 4 . 12/30/2011
I'm curious about the clan but all I can picture is the card room being cleared by Aunt Ginny
razraz chapter 3 . 12/30/2011
The image of Perry eavesdropping on Gertie and then retreating while hyperventilating - ha ha poor Perry.

"And as they prepared to leave Barstow, she grew quiet, a symbiotic reaction to his poutiness." he knows he is behaving a little bit badly but just can't help it - but I like that his reason is he is concerned that she is too young,

"... then you started to recoil your spring." great imagery.

"She tried not to smile, fought with her traitorous mouth..love it, the whole exchange, what they are saying fighting with what they are thinking.

And then you go and through in a bit of mystery -nice
razraz chapter 2 . 12/30/2011
way too good

"I'm at my most devastating first thing in the morning. I have to be to deal with my boss"

"Why do lawyers talk to much?"

Gotta love the desert
razraz chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
The exchanges between them are wonderful at times both confident and forward at other times not so much as they feel out (no pun intended) their changing relationhsip. I loved all the exchanges in this but my favourite bit is the details where he is splashing cologne on at the "he splashed cologne onto the palm... Which were currently not on her feet." The detail in this one paragraph super stuff.

(The smooching in the alley does come a pretty close second, as does the scowl on Perry's face watching Della being monopolized by everyone else but him.
Dramatically Yours chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
I just loved this story from beginning to end. Reading about Perry with his family was such a treat. I enjoyed how Della was tentative about her relationship with Perry throughout the story, but found herself giving into her passion for him just the same.

The story flowed together well and I'm eagerly anticipating your next one! Thanks for sharing!
Phyllis Frank chapter 12 . 12/14/2011
I loved your story. Can't wait for your next story. Hurry Please!