Reviews for Never Spellbound by a Starry Sky
LSiri chapter 14 . 10/13/2013
What a wonderful story! Absolutely loved it! Thanks so much for sharing!
Neko chapter 9 . 4/12/2013
I don't even want to think about a world without aspirin. I definitely don't want think about being hungover in a world without aspirin! Jonathon was sweet in this chapter. Very big brother-ish.

I recently read Crocodile on the Sandbank, which gave me a yen to re-read this story. I'm really enjoying the references to the book - last time I read this I hadn't even heard of Elizabeth Peters!
Sylarfan chapter 14 . 2/8/2013
Great story. I know it's a bit odd to get reviews for stories you have written years ago and for a halted franchise but my 1st grade son has had an interest in Egyptian history and mythology for a few months now and I thought he would enjoy the mummy movies (I was right, he loves them! so does my daughter who is almost 5) and it has renewed my love for the movies (the first one anyway) and my on going, never faltering crush on Mr. Brendan Fraser. (yes, i know he's getting on in years and put on a few pounds, but we all age and he's still lovely to me. I've loved him since Encino Man or 1992, which just showed my age. *blushes) So, i thought I'd look to see if any good Mummy stories had ever been written and after reading through many it didn't care for, found yours and love them! It has even inspired me to write a little mummy story of my own. (Not because yours lacked anything at all, just those swirling thoughts and a few good songs sparked my creativity) I'm almost sure it won't be anywhere as good as all yours have been but I need to dump it out of my head. I'm sure you know how that is. So...I'm off to read the rest of your fantastic Mummy fictions and I will move on to your IronMan collection after that! You haven't gotten rid of me yet!
Sincerely, Sylarfan
Sylarfan chapter 12 . 2/7/2013
This was a great chapter. I'll admit I'm a bit of a smutty kind of women (stricktly meaning I like to read it, of course) and I loved the way you wrote their time together. It was romantic without being all gushy and descripted enough without being too nasty. It was perfect for Rick and Evie.
Gummyvites chapter 12 . 3/5/2012
I realize that this story is almost 10 years old now, and you may not even check your reviews any more - but I just had to tell you that that was by far the best "adult situation" I've ever read on this site. Seriously.

So thanks for that. :)
me chapter 14 . 8/18/2011
such a lovely story! i just had to tell you.
Kurai Kiryu chapter 14 . 6/4/2011
WOW! That was a awesome story!

I loved the way you made the characters' point of view be so loyal to them on canon. And the plot was so good that I junt can't stop reading!

Congratulations!

PS: Sorry if I was cofuse, English is not my first language.
Loli-pop0394 chapter 14 . 4/22/2011
I just read this and it was amazing. In fact all of your The Mummy stories are wonderful.
Vee22 chapter 14 . 10/20/2010
I've just discovered this story and enjoyed reading it so much. ) I'm also an Amelia Peabody fan and I've never realised it before, but Rick and Evie do remind me of Emerson and Amelia!

I thought you really stayed true to the characters (always a good thing) and I appreciated that your story was such a mixture of romance, adventure and comedy - just like the original Mummy movies.

Thanks for writing such a lovely piece - it's going on my Favourites list now! )
PerfectDisaster22 chapter 14 . 9/30/2010
Oh, bravo. Just as brilliant at multi-chapter fics as one-shots. As usual, your writing is spot-on; I particularly loved the way you dove into Jonathan's psyche. In general, I'm not fond of seeing chapters from only one POV, but you handled it brilliantly and I never felt like I was missing out on the full picture. Bravo!
starrylaa chapter 14 . 6/27/2010
I've recently been hankering for some R/R fic, and this story just fit the bill perfectly. It was well written, funny, romantic and very true to the characters. I know you wrote this a few years ago, but I just wanted to say how much I loved it!
Dimac99 chapter 14 . 9/3/2009
Yeah, I can see Harry Connick Jr getting *me* in the mood to write some Harlequin action! And it was Harlequin, but that's ok because you didn't use my pet-hate word *orbs* and no-one actually wants to read about realistic sex anyway!

The 1st chapter had me laughing like a drain with the whole tailor thing, especially once they left and as ever, your Jonathan was just wonderful. I really liked that the bad guys turned out to be some rather unscrupulous fellows covering their tracks, that was a neat twist, but I do think Rick was terribly soft on them, even though it was at Evie's request lol.

I want to keep Jonathan for my own and take him home with me, I've decided.
blueyblonde chapter 14 . 8/30/2009
i love it
dillonforever chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
(LOVE IT! I KNOW ITS LIKE YEARS LATE BUT ITS REALLY GOOD. HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW MOVIE. IT BOMBED! REALLY BAD. THEY SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN EGYPT. THEY COULD AT LEAST HAVE BROUGHT ARDETH WITH THEM. HE WAS A GOOD ASSET. DON'T YOU THINK!)
Mala chapter 14 . 4/26/2009
I really enjoyed myself while reading this – which I did in one shot coz once I started reading, I couldn’t stop. Your sense of humor is brilliant. I giggled like a maniac right thru while reading this. I also love the way you have captured the characters so perfectly.

Fabulous writing. Thanks for sharing.