Reviews for For Ye Devour Widows' Houses
Camilla10 chapter 17 . 3/3
What a pity you left your story here! In a good place, to be sure, but with so many things still open. I liked it a lot, enjoyed the clever deviations from Canon and the psycological depths. Oh well one might still hope-
timeandpixiedust chapter 17 . 2/23
I just read this story, and while not complete, I'm so so happy that at least you wrote them engaged. I loved your take on series 1, it was so lovely to see them flirt and get along much sooner than in canon. I wish you could continue, at least to see them married :) you wrote their relationship beautifully.
Naniee chapter 17 . 11/12/2015
I just read the whole story again and it's wonderful! I really hope it's not the last chapter we'll see but it's already a great story by itself. :))
Teaandcrawley chapter 17 . 10/5/2015
This was a fantastic story. I realize since it has been several years since it has been updated it won't likely be finished, but I wanted you to know I loved it. Your Matthew was just lovely. And your Mary was so wonderful. I couldn't wait for her to say yes, and I have never felt that way about a story before. I'm favoriting this story in case you ever do update.
Lady Isabelle Black chapter 17 . 5/15/2015
Please update soon
Love this story
Atomix330 chapter 17 . 4/23/2014
I wish this was continued.
Hillevi chapter 17 . 2/2/2014
Oh I wish you would continue this!
lovepurplemustaches chapter 17 . 10/31/2013
I really hope you continue with this story, it's one of my favorites!
Guest chapter 17 . 10/31/2013
Please post more soon ... I really want to see what happen next
Idhrenwen chapter 17 . 10/23/2013
Excellent once more! Can't wait for an update!
Guest chapter 17 . 10/19/2013
Please post more ... I really want to see what happens next
AmeriGirlTN chapter 17 . 8/24/2013
Thanks so much for this wonderful M/ M story. I really enjoyed it. There are so many fans that will never get enough of them.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 17 . 8/25/2013
Fantastic! I love how you connected the Patrick history to a plausible reason for Matthew to be using his professional expertise on Mary's behalf. You've got a great ear for dialogue and they feel wholly in-character, given the premise of this AU. Some great insights about how Mary would think and act differently, given this change to her past. I love how you skip all the soap-operatic devices in canon and give them much more believable conflicts to resolve. Looking forward to how you finish this. Excellent pacing and some laugh-out-loud moments. Thanks!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 9 . 8/24/2013
It's such a relief to read a fic where the two of them have an honest, intelligent conversation: where the conflict and tension between them is not generated by their own idiocy, but rather by the difficult circumstances that they find themselves in. I love your writing: a clear, unadorned style that shows you've done your research. Bravo!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
I am absolutely loving how you're handling this AU and Mary's changed perspective. I especially like how she and Edith are still bickering, but underlying it is Mary's understanding of a bad marriage and her desire to protect Edith (and Matthew!) from one. Excellent, truly!