Reviews for Because He Loves Her
Louey06 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Poor Pecy. Alas, we can not have everything we want in te world
JAStheSPAZZrocks chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Always thought he was gay
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I think Percy might be a bit heartbroken, how does he live with himself? :/ And Audrey is not the right one for him, we all know. Yet he was a right arse... but he deserves a happy ending too?
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
:) I think this made me like Oliver x Percy.
Asking Me Where My Love Grows chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
It's me again!(;

So, I love Oliver Wood with a passion and I hate Percy Weasley but I kind of like this pairing the way that you wrote it. I feel really, really bad for Audrey because she loves Percy and Percy loves Oliver. He's being selfish for not leaving her but Percy's just a really selfish person. :x

I didn't see any gramatical errors and I really thought that you just used some really good words writing this. I really enjoy it and now I feel like I need to go read Oliver Wood fanfiction..

Great job!(:
ReillyJade chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Okay, first things first. I'm SO sorry about how late this review is. * Is terrible challenge host :( * I've been on a mini-hiatus due to the semester coming to a close and have only been able to jump on for a few minutes here and there. But, I'm back, and though I read this story practically the moment you posted it, I can now finally write up my review for it. Yay!

Now onto the good part. This was a wonderful piece. It's so short and simple, yet you've managed to capture a heap of emotion into it; it's tragic in a way, but beautiful at the same time. I've always believed that it's possible to be in love with more than one person without necessarily acting on that love, and I was pleasantly surprised that you explored this. You didn't have Percy go cheat on Audrey just because he felt like it, an act which really helped set in stone the fact that he married her because he really does love her, not just out of convenience or so he could have a placeholder for Oliver. I've never liked Percy much, but somehow you've managed to make me like him, and possibly even sympathize with him. Oliver's “the one who got away” for Percy, and a lot of people never truly forget their first love. You've put him in a realistic, albeit sucky, situation, and it was nice to see him handle things properly for a change. Kudos, Percy. :)

All in all, a job well done! You have a lot a talent. Thanks for participating in the challenge!
FloatingCloudBadger chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
This was absolutely brilliant. Really well done. I think it just captured Percy so well ("But Percy believes in dependability") and it just made so much SENSE, if you see what I mean. Anyway, really good job.
Sinister Spiders chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
This is heartbreaking yet beautiful. I love your use of short sentences/paragraphs and that Percy is in love with Oliver. And that he takes little moments to escape to see him fly.

Great stuff!

Sinister Spiders
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
This was definitely brilliant. I've never read the pairing before, either of them, but I have to say that I enjoyed this.

I've never particularly liked Percy; in fact, I hated him throughout the books. But if there's one thing that Percy loves, it's dependability. And I think you displayed that wonderfully.

If there was any grammer mistakes, I didn't see them :)

Great job :)
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Huh, I've never thought of a bi-sexual Percy Weasley before... I love the emotion that runs through this piece. Percy's guilt at loving two people is very realistic, and extremely believable. I like the way that you dealt with the Oliver/Percy relationship as well. I think that it makes sense that Oliver broke up with Percy because he went "power crazy;" it's a very natural response.

I sort of love how the two people symbolize two different sides to Percy: Audrey is his dependable, responsible side, while Oliver is who he is beneath the responsible facade. I think this is really well done, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Great job!
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Percy's reasons for loving Audrey at the beginning were very heartfelt and believable, and the detail about crying at a sappy movie just made the description.

You've really hit the nail on the head with Percy's characterization. The way he can't tell her he's in love with Oliver Wood reminds me so much of the way he shut out his family during the war.

Percy's deception about Quidditch makes so much sense. He tells Audrey that he loves it so he can watch Oliver fly, but his extended family doesn't know.

And what a twist! Percy and Oliver dated, but broke up when Percy went power crazy: that's actually pretty believable. Also the line "He aches with possibilities and might-have-beens" was brilliant, I get the feeling of what Percy is going through.

But I understand why he chooses to stay with Audrey in the end, especially when you compared loving Oliver to riding a hurricane. But it comes down to the fact that Percy is a responsible, dependable, person. This could almost be canon.

Well done :)
bluepseudonym chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Well, you just broke my heart. Beautiful piece of writing though.
modestlobster chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
How bittersweet... Nicely written.