Reviews for An Unfound Door
Guestapo chapter 10 . 1/7
Nice story. While this Harry is dumb as a post and a bit of a doormat, the writing and worldbuilding carry it well enough.

I just wish he was more 'Ravenclaw-ish'. It seems the only reason for the change was to provide the fresh interaction with Hermione.
Thanasi chapter 6 . 1/6
Honestly truth i dislike this story. The first issue is it doesnt feel very harry potterish... you have a small helping of cannon characters but the plot itself is pretty weird and uninteresting. Having this mysterious queen of dragonflies that knows everything is uninteresting as it hasnt moved forward at all... and having a bad guy that can find out any info and get in anywhere and do anything isnt very fun or exciting. Secondly drug addict harry is pretty horrible... he is clearly addicted already and he is dipping into his own product... never a good idea for a drug dealer and harry would have some clue on that... hermoine just randomly decides she wants to get harry involved in her shit and never actually talks to him about it? Him just letting her walk out of the vault with that information after years of not wanting friends and specifically saying he doesnt want friends? but he is gonna trust her with that info. Very little interaction with teachers, or other students outside of the few that you picked.
ITC chapter 10 . 12/23/2017
I bought 4 of your Amazon books today. So far they look promising. Please continue this fanfic though as I now as hooked on it as your previous ones. Regards...
ITC chapter 1 . 12/21/2017
Always finish what you start. It’s great as usual.
ruth hammond chapter 3 . 11/16/2017
I have always thought that good writers were somewhat sadistic! You fit the bill...cliffies...wretch!
On to the next chapter...hehe teachers are also somewhat sadistic...guess who...me...retired many years ago...good ideas...sorry to see someone steal your ideas. Should I report it? hmmmmmmm
ruth hammond chapter 1 . 11/16/2017
I found this story almost if not completely copied word for word. writer by the name of SilverAaegis. You might want to check it out...some of your fans have put RATHER LARGE REVIEWS...
BTW, I LIKE YOUR WRITING...COMING BACK TO FINISH
bensdad chapter 10 . 11/15/2017
I found this, earlier today, stolen by someone else. After it was pointed out who actually wrote this, I tracked it down. I’m glad there were 9 more chapters of this story to read. That being said, I’d like more, please. A year and a half is tons of time.
SortingHat chapter 1 . 10/30/2017
There is no clear context to what this is about. It just a bunch of random mumbo jumbo of scenes.
Solomon4inspiration chapter 1 . 10/24/2017
This is good. Everything one can need to satisfy one's appetite for exploratory reading
pikupstix chapter 10 . 8/30/2017
Interesting ideas and excellent attention to detail, but I found most of the story to be overly morose. Harry has no equals (be they friend or rival), he's a functioning drug addict/insomniac, he's deeply entwined in various criminal activities, he spends all his time working on some project or another, never with time to himself to have fun—all this in addition to being marked/hunted by Voldemort, and being resented by the Ministry and general public. Constantly on the run, he never seems to get back any ground. Do you see? The balance is lacking. Just like how the hero always winning is lame, so is the hero relentlessly getting blasted in the butt. Beyond the first few chapters, the shock value of your innovation falls to the wayside and we're left with a downward spiral of hopeless, depressive fatalism. Excuse the hyperbole.

Pieces of the plot seem fragmented and spontaneous. The introduction of the Hogwarts Games in chapter 6 came out of left field. Did I miss the foreshadowing or was there none? We were having regular adventures outside of the castle, and then suddenly that's at an end and we're associating with people who Harry has rightly ignored for upward of four years. The thing with Zoe, along with the latest adventure with the pillar of flame... what is the relevance here? Seems really random, like you're making things up, like you have no plan forward beyond a few scattered, conceptual ideas. (I'm not saying there's no relevance, or even too little of it, just that it felt like a jarring change. Writing mystery/thriller isn't reliant upon total neglect of the idea of foreshadowing.)

Harry's character was annoying at times. Perhaps it's a legitimate response to the trauma he's gone through, but edginess and stark apathy did nothing to endear him to me. This is a more opinionated complaint on my part, since having a likable protagonist isn't required in fiction. Again, lots of good parts in your story, but having a prick of a MC really does nothing to disguise the weaknesses of your writing. The more objective I have to be to see eye-to-eye with the hero, the more critical I'm going to be in calling you on your fridge logic.

The social side of this story felt soulless and synthetic. People speak and listen to each other, but the edges were dulled somehow. Nobody seemed willing to REACT, to break loose. Instead, people (Harry in particular) put on fake smiles or grin, and do the socially acceptable thing in the situation, regardless of their true feelings.

Where were all the canon characters? Did I miss it or were Snape and Malfoy not mentioned a single time? What about McGonagall and the other professors? Since Harry is so academically inclined, shouldn't he have something of a rapport with at least one of them? He's a Ravenclaw now; this would have been a grand chance to have Flitwick be something of a mentor/consultant in Harry's more challenging endeavours. Sure, you added James and Tenbrook, but you still can't (shouldn't?) cut significant characters from the universe without a word as to why things played out that way.
The Sixth Day of Division chapter 10 . 7/12/2017
I have to admit, I'm very confused as to what's going on. It almost feels like this should be original fiction.
Rosalind Fairchilde chapter 10 . 5/15/2017
You sir are evil for leaving it in a cliffhanger. Please update soon, I saw this story in updated crossovers yesterday in the just in section under a different author and I started reading it only to find that the story wasn't found today but I remembered the title and found this one which is exactly the same up to what I read yesterday, idk if that was you or someone else stealing your work but I just thought I'd throw it out there
texrider chapter 10 . 5/10/2017
Just found this thanks to a story thief who just reposted the first chapter, hope you continue...
tyry95 chapter 10 . 5/1/2017
Of all the times to abandon a story...
twilliams1797 chapter 10 . 4/30/2017
Well, now you are a big time author (wink wink) I suppose I will have to check out your work, that is if it is anything like this story.