Reviews for The Spirit and the Flesh
J.M. Speed chapter 5 . 2/12/2012
I absolutely LOVE this story so far. Please, please keep writing this, it's a very intriguing read :)I love the little humorous comments Haddock squeezes in here and there-and you've got the characters' personalities all perfectly! Hoping to see more insights into Tintin's past-chapter three really has me wanting to see more of his life before he became the famous reporter we all know and love! Update soon!
Anon chapter 5 . 1/29/2012
"dressed in various shades of disreputable"

I love this line so much! You certainly have a way with words, all the more incredible because you're French! Tres bien! Unfortunately, aside from the usual hello/good-bye, I think that's where my French ends, aside from perhaps je ne sais pas, which is sort of fitting, I suppose.

But anyway! On to more relevant things, like how awesome you are at writing: fantastic job, as usual. You manage to work in a good balance of detail while still moving the plot along, and the way you frame the flashback feels completely natural and utterly unforced - something that most writers struggle with, but you pull off magnificently here.

Kudos. :)
Guest chapter 5 . 1/27/2012
gosh, tintin. three-maybe even four-sentances in, and you're already kidnapped. sheesh.

YAY, YOU'RE BACK!

oh. my god. thank you SOO much for writing yet another chapter of this GLORIOUS fanfiction. i salute you, and already i wonder: is another chapter coming soon? (question: what will be your frequency in writing? every week or two? every DAY or two? _)
GoldenFlither chapter 5 . 1/27/2012
Oh my gosh! I'd thought this was officially abandoned. It's so good to see that you're starting it up again! And wow, that sounds hectic. But I'm glad you're back on your feet.

Wow, you blew my mind with this chapter. You really got the atmosphere down. Have you ever considered writing a mystery novel? ;)

Great job. A chapter well worth the wait, but I'm hoping we don't have to wait as long for the next one. My curiosity's getting the better of me. Update soon!
EmperialGem21 chapter 5 . 1/27/2012
glad to see you've not given up on the story . can't wait for another chapter!
flyingbird27 chapter 4 . 1/20/2012
Ah, don't worry about it. From what I've seen in this masterpiece of writing, your english is fine. :)
flyingbird27 chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
THAT was the prologue?

Holy guacamole, I haven't even started on the first CHAPTER and I love this story!

It's like I'm reading a novel...or, or the script of a movie!

You have TALENT, my friend.
Anon chapter 4 . 1/17/2012
Fantastic characterizations, and a lovely voice. The Captain is always tricky to nail down, (to say nothing of Tintin himself) but you're killing it! Great job, you.

This is awesome, I can't wait to see what comes next!
JACLEFISHS chapter 4 . 1/4/2012
man, i love this. but you better not turn this into a rape story... my brain just cannot accept Tintin rape.
heeeeeeeyyyy chapter 4 . 1/3/2012
dang it!

i've been waiting like a good girl, but i'm losing my patience! write da story already so i can wriggle around on the floor while reading and NOT die from exploding because of no story updates!

sorry. i'm just so tired right now...
Veneficus-13 chapter 4 . 1/2/2012
Hey, cool story so far. I can't wait to see where it goes! Keep up the good work! Cheers!
Noremac1 chapter 4 . 1/2/2012
This is good.
bgh x3 chapter 4 . 12/18/2011
wait! i figured it out! the poker chip belongs to a certain Costya martin, who is dr. martin's brother! know, don't tell me if i'm right, 'cause it'll ruin it for everyone else. but if i'm right, i'll run around in circles and be like, "i'm so happy! i'm gonna buy me a sparkly unicorn!" : )

keep posting, your story is awesome!
etoile-de-saphir chapter 4 . 12/10/2011
This is great ! Can't wait for the next chapter ! :)
baou21 chapter 4 . 12/8/2011
Wow, good chapter! :)

Things are starting to pick up quite a bit, or at least I think so!

Looking forward to the next update.

And no your English isn't getting worse, Spell-check just likes to make things difficult!