Reviews for Silver Lining
Sleeping Jay chapter 3 . 9/11/2012
Oh Bumi. I just love him. And Iroh, devious Iroh I bet he's laughing his sneaky evil ass off.
guyw1tn0nam3 chapter 3 . 2/26/2012
This chapter was hilarious. The way you drew Bumi was almost perfectly how I would imagine him saying these things. The part where you brought up the League of Extraordinary Gentleman would have had me chuckling out of my chair...if my roommate wasn't sleeping of course.

My big major concern though is just how does this fit all into canon. It appears that Bumi is in the Desert, when he's supposedly trapped in a metal cage. I'm not sure how that's working out. He was clearly in a large metal cage before, so I'm not sure how he snuck in and out of it. Piandao is also supposedly in the Fire Nation right now with his butler. So while I'm loving the story, there's this nagging feeling in the back of my brain that there's some plot inconsistencies.

Anyhow, everything else is really nice. I like how you seem to be speaking primarily from Jun's perspective. We can't really read the thoughts of Bumi or J.J, but we do know what Jun is feeling, and her thoughts speak out really well. Her impressions of the White Lotus, the craziness of the situation followed by reluctant acceptance. I'm curious about the offer that was given to her, as it seemed to be mostly clouded in mystery other than she's joining the White Lotus.

Also, Jeong Jeong have glowing orbs of fire floating around him was hilarious, especially considering how Jun reacted to it.

Great chapter and great story. I see you haven't updated in a while, but I do hope you take a look at this story again soon. It's really entertaining.
guyw1tn0nam3 chapter 2 . 2/26/2012
Nice! I loved all the things that are going on behind the scene. The captain being (kind of) loyal to Piandao and keeping Jun out of everything. Jun's friends in the guard and at the bar. It all worked out to make a compelling chapter.

Also, Nezumi means rat in Japanese...I'm wondering why Piandao was named that by the Fire Nation.

Anyhow, this was a great chapter, and I look forward to more.
guyw1tn0nam3 chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I think Piandao and Jun are suddenly one of my favorite stories to read. The two seem like a fascinating relationship (not romantically of course) and I found myself laughing and smiling at the fighting, their banter. I'm not sure if Piandao would be so aggravating, but I can see how his slight sarcastic touch can make him so.

You wrote in a very colloquial way, which in some ways made it very easy to read and it flowed really well. There was one line though, when Jun said she was no longer taking any more Fire nation jobs and you followed it up with "Like, ever again." or something along those lines. That part felt a bit too colloquial for some reason, so maybe you might want to watch out for some of those things.

Otherwise, this was entertaining. I'm going to read some moar.
bhut chapter 3 . 12/26/2011
Poor June! She is amazing, but when dealing against the entire Order of white lotus, she is over her head. I'm guessing that her and Nyla's misadventures are only just beginning! She should at least get paid, though, that will be a consolation prize, perhaps.
Indigo-Night-Wisp chapter 3 . 12/26/2011
*falls off of bed laughing*

So she's met the Flower Children. Alls according to plan then...

Once again, I love what you've done with the OWL. They're hilarious. :)

I loved:

'"We," he drew himself up imperiously, "are the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen."

"No, we're not," the firebender snapped. "Stop *telling* people that."

"You can't tell me what to do. I outrank you."

The firebender's entire body visibly twitched.'

The way JJ doesn't deal well with Bumi's crazy.

"JJ" Smirk.

"There was an Order of the White Lotus. She didn't really understand what they did. Anarchists maybe. They were far too secretive to simply be labeled as an outright rebel organization."

She's completely debunked them.

"Pai Sho"

"lotus bud" :D
DragonIris chapter 3 . 12/25/2011
I absolutely loved it! Clever and funny! I can't wait for the next update!
Sandra Phillips chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Great beginning! And no, June, he specifically said 'alive'. :) Good job, I can't wait to read more. Very good characterizations and grammar.
Iris chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
I love both Piandao and Jun. That you've pit them against one another (though I hope they eventually get together for some angry sex) is awesome! Please update soon!
aecul chapter 2 . 11/23/2011
I love how much you love this couple.

"He winked at her as he walked out."

He's so pompous! It's adorable!

"If she couldn't talk her way out of a situation, then she could beat it black and blue or flirt out of it."

I like the 'she could beat it black and blue' bit.

"Please. That's not my style."

I just love that sentence. I can so hear her saying it.

Oh my goodness, she and Nyla remind me of Hiccup and Toothless or some equally cute human-and-beloved-pet pair.

I was kinda confused by the plot at first but it fell into place by the end. This was marvelous. I've missed your stories/writing style (school's been crazy busy and I've had no time for fanfiction lately). Anyways...great chapter. I like when you write from June's POV.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Potkanka chapter 2 . 11/22/2011
I love they way Jun deals with her... problems :D And anything uttered between her and Piandao is pure gold, can't wait for them to meet again, I'm sure they're both looking forward to it anyway (for different reasons...) :D
Indigo-Night-Wisp chapter 2 . 11/22/2011
You. You and this bloody couple have tricked me into reviewing in a fandom I NEVER review in. *sigh* they're just so cute!

"Call me darling again, and I'll take your eye out."

Their way of flirting is just too much like another couple I love not to love them.

"He had never managed to have this much fun in the Army."

Thing is, Piando would TOTALLY act like this. He doesn't get much airtime in the show, but if he did, he'd be EXACTLY like this. (I mean, c'mon, anyone who's been friends with Iroh as long as he has has got to have SOME sort of defense mechanism!)

"Oh, my poor baby. Were the dirty, stupid men mean to you?"

I feel like Nyla is the child in this relationship. Step-child, in Piando's case...

You're lovely, as always, with lovely words. :)
Indigo-Night-Wisp chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
I think I've got some idea. *pointedly eyes SGIH and FFA*

You really like this couple don't you? I mean, I do too, but you're REALLY getting into them. :)

...I really like this idea though, despite the fact that it may never be finished. ;) It's a really interesting concept and "what if" sort of thing.

Oh, and hilarious, of course.
Potkanka chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Whatever you have done, it looks very promising ;-D Jun and Piandao could be lots of fun together :D

Hope you'll have time for updating... :)