Reviews for Spiral
mendenbar chapter 4 . 12/1/2011
Glad to see that Booth and Brennan realize that there really isn't anything like a "recovered" addict. Life is spent recovering and maintaining. This was a beautiful chapter and feels very much like an ending.
Mimssio chapter 4 . 12/1/2011
And they walked on, together. I love that. Even before I read the Author's note at the end, I felt like I knew that was the point. That they're in this together for the long haul. That level of involvement, of partnership, with someone else is something neither of them have had in their lives before, and it's part of why Booth's proposal to Hannah had been such a bad idea. If he had relapsed, or begun to relapse, while in a relationship with Hannah, he would feel he had to deal with it himself. And I don't think Hannah would push him hard enough to share. She trusts him to deal with things alone, at least sometimes. Brennan, on the other hand, simply demands to be his go-to person in all things, whether he thinks he needs a go-to person or not. I love how this is written, and how it reaffirms their relationship for me. Because it is so much more than their previous relationships. This is it for them. And I am so glad they found each other. As always, please keep writing.
Tartantrace chapter 4 . 12/1/2011
What a lovely well written story - great job! Thank you ;0)
FaithinBones chapter 2 . 12/1/2011
Wow
TheValiumSofa chapter 4 . 12/1/2011
Really excellent! I love the way you resolved this and that you did keep it short. :D
cook2 chapter 5 . 12/1/2011
Very well written story. You described both characters well.

The following is NOT critics of this story, but in general about Booth.

I don't know how it's in real life in the US, but I think that this 50/50 thing about money that Booth obviously has also in the show is one of the most stupid things I've ever seen a man can do.

It's just as you wrote him that he actually makes Brennan to settle down to something that she should not need to. And for what reason he has? Even if it's his father I think it a ridiculous thing. It's not an alpha male thing in a good way, but some sort of sickening way.

Your story was a good example how to write it.
BabyBones chapter 4 . 12/1/2011
This story tugged on my heart strings. From having someone very close to me that is an addict, watching that person constantly struggle not to go back to that place, well, it is just hard. I think you did an excellent job in conveying this in both Booth & Brennan dealing with the emotions that come along with it.

Beautifully written story...thank you so much for sharing! :)
GretaJ chapter 5 . 12/1/2011
Love, love, love. Love that they worked through it together, loved that they realize life isn't perfect and neither are they,love that they realize that marriage and life is a lot of hard work. Love them working together for the common goal of being together.
Rangers042376 chapter 5 . 12/1/2011
I loved it. You're a great writer.
freelancer73 chapter 4 . 12/1/2011
This was an amazing end to an amazing story. I loved the subject (addiction), and I love that it's not an easy one. Not easy to write, and definitely, not easy to deal with.

And, most of all, I love the humanity you give to the characters: they are real, and hence, they aren't perfect. Here Booth is a hero not because of his courage to face his external enemies, but because he's brave enough to deal with his inner deamons. And Brennan is with him, and for him, all the way.

Thank you for another amazing story. I don't write fanfiction (english is not my first language), but I loooove to read it, and I don't know if you, the writers, are aware of the amazing gift that you give us. You allow us to know more about the character that we love, you give them soul and life, and you share that with us. So, thank you, from the bottom of my heart!
JMHaughey chapter 4 . 12/1/2011
I swore reviewing the last chapter. I'm doing it again on the inside.

It's nice to see that they both find comfort in listening to the other breathe.

Also, it's refreshing that no matter the up and downs, the temptations, they are solid - they have been partners for so long sometimes it's easy to lose sight that they are and have been each other's life, sounding board, etc.

Beautifully done.

THIS- This exchange is spot on

"Yeah. Come on. Let's go get both my girls some breakfast." He offered her his arm and she linked her own arm through it. "But we'll have to eat a light lunch." He said, as they started up the street towards the car.

"Why?"

"We have dinner reservations."

"We do?" She studied his profile, curiously.

"Yep. Best seat in the house."

"The chef's table?" She ventured.

"Yeah. The chef's table."

"That sounds good." She settled her head on his shoulder.

"It's a start." He said, as he rested his head against hers.

And they walked on, together.
EowynGoldberry chapter 5 . 12/1/2011
I thought it was good.
my-completeness chapter 5 . 12/1/2011
That was excellent. Great way to end the story and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing!
grc73 chapter 5 . 12/1/2011
Great work. Sometimes great FF is long, sometimes it is short. End of. :)
solofia chapter 5 . 12/1/2011
Thank you for another awesome story. I'll miss it! :)
142 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »