Reviews for Spiral
RositaLG chapter 4 . 12/1/2011
God bless you. This story shouldn't end with anything other than "They have each other and it's them against the world." Well done, love. The best fic you've written yet!
Baileyjane chapter 3 . 11/30/2011
THIS:

A shuddering combination of a sob and a sigh escaped from her lips and nothing would ever prevent him from trying to soothe her pain, not even his own. He stepped to her, closing the distance between them and at his touch she threw her arms around his neck and he held her close.

Love him. Love how he loves her. That is all.
Fourth Rose chapter 3 . 11/30/2011
This story is by far the most compelling take on the "money issue" that I've read - it's such a big topic this season, and I'll be happy if the show deals with it in a way that's half as realistic and true to the characters as we've seen them throughout the seasons as yours is. I love that you made them overcome Booth's 50:50 stipulation, that Brennan knew what to say to make him talk to her and get to the heart of his insecurities, and that Booth is mature enough to admit that he's the one with the problem they need to solve. You make them face the issue as true partners who have each other's backs and work through problems together, and that's really good to see :-)
eitoph chapter 3 . 11/30/2011
I might've fangirled a bit (a lot) when I got a shout out at the start. It just feels like this is one of those fics out there that is epic and wonderful and little old me gets to be a tiny little part of that? *Dies*

This was magnificent. There was math, there was logic, there was emotion and right there along with all of that was the richness of these two characters in such a trying situation. There's a balance with these kinds of stories and there's just something about the way you explain it all that is *satisfying* - this is just the way it's meant to go, you know?

The fact that it was Angela's stroller choice is kind of perfect. It stood for so much and yet it really means so little, I just love how that detail slides in there and gives everything this slightly different slant. I also love Brennan's different kind of 50/50 - partly cause it's mathy and my thing (and you got there all on your own without me making it sound waaay more complicated than it needed to be) but mostly because it is just the right solution here. In such a heavy fic, there is still this light at the end of the tunnel and I like that.

This story continues to knock me over with its brilliance.
bones35 chapter 3 . 11/29/2011
Now THAT was really, really good - a superb examination of Booth's phobia.

The dialogue was really well done!
ceeray3 chapter 3 . 11/29/2011
I really like the proportional 50/50 idea you have. This is an interesting story. I'm glad you have them talking. I'm glad Brennan is smart enough to see the differences between Booth and his father and to point those out. Whether Booth really hears them now or not, they'll sink in eventually. Looking forward to Gordon-Gordon. I love him!
Beliskner chapter 3 . 11/29/2011
WoW amazing chapter again, very in character and very intense. I would love a smilair storyline for S8 for example. Broody Booth is the best.
bailey80 chapter 3 . 11/29/2011
Just wanted to drop in and let you know that I am really enjoying this story and I cannot wait to read more. :)
GretaJ chapter 3 . 11/29/2011
Poor Booth. It's such an awkward situation-money and relationships just don't mix. And his pain practically leaps off the page, er, screen. Brennan handles him beautifully and diffuses the situation with minimal effort. They 'handle' each other well.
jenlovesbones chapter 3 . 11/29/2011
I loved the way you wrote your 50/50s. Just ... perfection.

Oh... the story? Yeah, it was okay too. But, come on, those 50/50s...? :D

This was definitely a great hashing-it-out-chapter on their part. I could feel both of their pains and confusion and Brennan stepping up to try and be what support he needed and not backing down in the face of his wavering. All good things. :)

Looking forward to the next update!
Wilhemina23 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Your concept for Spiral is fantastic. To me, it's a great way to show another aspect of their relationship that allows for them to support one another, connect and grow together that is not related to their work. I absolutely love your writing style. You capture the character's voices so well. Their words and actions as you write them seem so believable.

I particularly loved the part in chapter 3 where you wrote that they were not done talking about his brush with gambling and his feelings about himself in regards to his dad. "She forced herself out of his arms and he made himself let her go. It would be so easy for them both to pretend what had already been said was enough. They both knew that it wasn't."

You are a very talented writer, and I appreciate you sharing your stories and ideas with us. Thank you. I definitely look forward to reading more.
CharlyB chapter 3 . 11/28/2011
Great new chapter. I'm glad they are actually talking, and choosing to pursue this further with Gordon Gordon. I've never been a big Sweets fan as he usually causes more trouble than anything else unless his advice is specifically case related. Thanks for the update!
rhyme time chapter 3 . 11/28/2011
This is such an amazingly in-character story. I find the premise completely plausible. I'm curious to see how it develops, and I hope it isn't resolved too soon. Addictions like gambling are, in some ways, much more subtle than other addictions but they are no less powerful or destructive. Honestly, I hope you "go there" with this story. I'm along for the ride!
geraghtyvl chapter 3 . 11/28/2011