Reviews for The Decision
Honoria Granger chapter 3 . 6/13/2014
Meh. You're such a good writer that I would love to see what you could do with a real Labyrinth STORY, not just indulgent little bonbons, confections of conceit... Sorry, but your other indulgences interest me not at all. And so the bird, having swept in from the winter storm's darkness, dazed by the momentary bright, warm mead hall and the celebration, sweeps out again through the other window and disappears into the night... (go see Bede, Venerable, the, if you're not familiar with the metaphor). And good luck to you.
arynwy chapter 3 . 4/2/2012
They hardly took Sarah into consideration anyway. The only potential victim in this is Toby and depending on his age, he will recover the quickest of all.

I didn't find this ending vague in the least. You're slipping...
forestofmyown chapter 3 . 11/20/2011
I absolutely love the vagueness of your Labyrinth stories :) I think it definitely gives them the mystical, dream-like quality Jareth's magic always made. I love reading them, they make me feel philosophical _
jinx1764 chapter 3 . 11/20/2011
Very interesting, I enjoyed how you described his immortal patience, his lack of urgency because he can always reinvent his temptation of Sarah. I thought it was cool how you stated Sarah is important only because Jareth decided she is important, thus she is truly ordinary outside of his eyes. But then love does that, apparently even to immortals. And her final decision, her cratering to his temptation tailored to her changing desires; it showed how selfish she remains as she spared little thought for her family's loss.

Cool ficlet, tightly woven, well written with a touch of twisted emotion.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 3 . 11/18/2011
Chapter Two is too vague for me to hang a review on. Sorry.

Now this one, I liked the focus on the ones Sarah leaves behind.

I think overall, this is a short story that should be released in one big lump with just line breaks and titles for the smaller parts. Breaking it into the separate chapters is what makes the vagueness standout more.
startraveller776 chapter 3 . 11/17/2011
Okay, I had to read this chapter twice. (I'm a little under the weather, and brain is being sluggish.) The second time I got it. Actually made me a little verklempt!

Wow.

"There was always a price for this choice, one that was never truly hers to pay."

There couldn't be a more powerful line. So true.

And what's this? 2 multi-chaptered stories? Like...regular stories? (Not that I don't enjoy these more narrative tales.) I'm trying very hard not to be anxious to see what more you've got for this fandom. :)
Kuroneko388 chapter 3 . 11/17/2011
Hmm so in the end Sarah chose to go back with Jareth?

There's gotta b some part in her mind that knew what would happen to her family.

Can't wait for ur next chapter :)
Bookworm Gal chapter 3 . 11/17/2011
There is always a price. Even if you don't personally pay it.

And, about your last little comment in the author's note... I'm not saying anything. You already know what I'd say, anyway.
katdemon1895 chapter 3 . 11/17/2011
so far all of your labyrinth fics have been very interesting insights into the ramifications of sarah's decision and this one has a very interesting feel to it, almost insidious, i say that because my vocabulary fails me when it comes to finding the right word but insidious is close, it's like the tales told to children to warn them to stay away, warning them to be good, but at the same time, absolutely wonderful and tempting and i love it

*blinks innocently while thinking of the gulch verse* say what?
Bookworm Gal chapter 2 . 11/17/2011
And you continue to demonstrate that your (highly-talented) muse is inescapable. Another brilliant story. Terrific work. Can't wait to see more of your wonderful work (in this fandom and/or "Tin Man"). Good luck.
Kuroneko388 chapter 2 . 11/16/2011
Wow this's truly wonderful. I luv a good psychological fic.

Please continue :)
startraveller776 chapter 2 . 11/16/2011
So, he keeps the words the same, but the meaning behind them evolve. I'm curious what the meaning for "Fear me" and "Do as I say" and "I will be your slave" are. ("Love me" seems pretty self-explanatory.)
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
I never thought Jareth and patience would go together.
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Nicely done. Very keen observation of his character/motives. I see it's not marked as complete, so I'm curious to see where you will take this.
Angel-o-Darkness chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
I love the way you portray your characters. I'm also excited at the fact that you are going to be writing more Labyrinth fics! I can only say more please!