Reviews for Higher Flier' OR 'My Little Blackbird'
wow. this was an awesome fanfic, maybe you should do one about the F-22 or the F-117 stealth plane or maybe a crossover when she meats one or both of the 2.
just to give you some ideas. look foward to more.
BlackRoseFire chapter 5 . 6/8/2014
That was a very sweet story.
Garibaldi the Black Haired chapter 5 . 11/11/2013
Reminds me of a joke I once heard.
A Cessna 172 pilot knows there's some wind, and needs his accurate ground-speed for navigation. He radios ATC for his ground-speed. The ATC controller responds 'effective ground-speed of 240 kph.'
An F-18 pilot decides to show up the Cessna pilot. He radios ATC for his speed. 'You are traveling at mach 1.4.'
A SR-71 pilot snorts at the antics of the hotshot Hornet driver. He radios 'ATC, how hast am I going?'
The controller responds, 'this can't be right, you're traveling at mach 2.7!'
The SR-71 pilot smiles and responds, 'nope, no problem there.'
OnlineImhotep chapter 5 . 7/20/2012
They should make this into a fucking episode!
CoreDumpError chapter 5 . 4/4/2012
This was absolutely wonderful, ATC! I'm not a Brony, so I found the pony puns pretty grating (though I imagine that those aren't your creation), but the story was very enjoyable. Even knowing Dainty's secret right from the start, I still thoroughly enjoyed following along as both Dash and Dish discovered the secret for themselves.
WERRO chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Hey, I loved the story and you got Dash's personality spot on. She just has to accept that she is a fighter while Dainty is a spyplane. On a different note, I noticed the title is formated like an SQL command. Any reason for that?
RK-Striker-JK-5 chapter 4 . 12/4/2011
Ah, Dash. Humble pie taste good, there? You deserve it!
Natimus Prime chapter 5 . 12/4/2011
I'd just like to say, this was an excellent read. Sure, the 'secret' of Dainty Dish wasn't really very secret since I know a bit about military planes, but it was still fun to see Dash fumble trying to figure it out.

And the best part is that it all makes sense. Of course somepony who flies that high and fast would have huge wings, how else would they generate any lift/thrust at that altitude? And there'd be no reason to fly so high if not for her allergies, so she might never have found her talent without them. Another shining example of leaving no holes in the plot.

And if, by chance, you happen to write another piece in Equestria, I'll be sure to read that one too. Hopefully faster than this one, it got buried in my alerts mailbox.
Ardwolf chapter 5 . 12/3/2011
That was a perfect MLP:FIM episode format. :)

Also, terrific ending to a wonderful story. Although I'm wondering if Rainbow Dash would have been able to survive at cruise altitude, given that she's not adapted like Dainty is. Also, the point about keeping her head up-what posture does an unconscious pony being carried have? :)

Finally, wouldn't the drag at mach 3.34 have been pretty extreme?

Still, clearly Equestria's upper atmosphere is different than Earth's, so maybe our physics isn't as relevant there.

Great story, great finale, and congratulations on the speed of delivery! Very impressive. Now *please* finish Sleeping with the Girls II! (laughing)
Eisenstein chapter 4 . 12/2/2011
Supersonic. Born to, practically. Yeah.

Admittedly, that explains a lot, now that it's finally made clear. Even if that was hinted at in the beginning, if you know what to look for.

Dainty doesn't even know it herself, but she really is something else.

Rainbow has low-altitude maneuverability and high speed, but *up there*, in a relatively straight line and over long distance, Dainty has beat everything else known up to now.

And apparently when she really lets loose her flight becomes so effortless she didn't even notice the distance she flew earlier which explains her earlier reaction.

Reminds me a bit of the old D&D Spelljammer setting and its Space Dragons. Okay, DD (heh, even the initials fit somewhat in that context) probably isn't actually spaceworthy, as far as one can tell, but she comes barn close (pun intended ).

Okay, enough stating the obvious and recapping the key concepts, I'm no Star Trek Ensign ;-).

Back to the concept of reviewing:

As I expected, the story shows more depth than one would expect from the parent show (as I told in chapter 1, I know only OF it). Still, the almost forced naivete of (most of) the My Little Pony characters sometimes - heck, often - is a bit exhausting to take at my age . Of course, it wouldn't BE MLP if all the characters were world-wise, mature and jaded. Or human, for that matter.

Until Dainty Dish goes beyond Warp seven, bye for now.
Ardwolf chapter 3 . 11/25/2011
I have a feeling Rainbow Dash is in for the shock of her life-once Dainty gets above a certain altitude. Being a raving fan of the SR-71 I love the way you're translating the Blackbird's eccentricities into an MLP pony.

Likewise I love your writing style, big fan of both Sleeping With... stories (please *please* finish II soon!) and this story is simply a continuation of excellance.

*Good* stuff. Keep it coming!
Patcheresu chapter 2 . 11/19/2011
Cool.
Torgamous chapter 2 . 11/16/2011
Unfortunately for Pinkie, everyone who reads this is going to remember that detail now. When she's done fixing the door, she's going to have to remember to be more careful with the fourth wall.
RK-Striker-JK-5 chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Ah, great to see this here! I rather like Dainty, she's cool. A bit of a woobie, considering all she's allergic to, too.
Eisenstein chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Okay, that was just... weird. But surprisingly readable.

I have to admit, all I know of 'My Little Pony' are a few snatches from channel-surfing and advertisements, as well as a few single-panel or so parody cartoons.

Still, even (or especially) with the equine and childfriendly language, knowing this story is from the same guy who wrote Chaos Theory and MSLN Test Dummies (which I would like to read more of ), I trust this story has the potential either to surprise with new depths (somewhat ironic, considering the aerial setup ) or to be a short piece with a punchline. Or both.

I'll wait and see, in any case.

And whoa, am I really the first one to leave a review? Groovy