Reviews for In the Seventh Age
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Beautiful! And it is fitting that it should be Artanis Nerwen Galadriel, who alone of the House of Finwe has fully matured and grown into wisdom and returned home in penitence and triumph, who should pick up the last hurting piece.
Ocne chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
I've read this story more than once, and it brings me to tears every time.

''Yet it was this love, alone, long after he had ceased to demand or even hope for it, that was left to bring him home.''

Thank you for giving Maglor, and Elrond, one final and peaceful resolution.
I really enjoyed your Maglor and Elrond stories.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Beautiful! So beautiful! I like to think Maglor someday went home or something...
Redone chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
I loved it - and IMHO the best part was the father-son relationship between Elrond and Maglor reflected in this story. There are too few fics that touch upon this theme.
Rhapsody the Bard chapter 1 . 3/6/2005
I am silent. This story touched me deeply. So beautifully written, finally Maglor returns home and is heralded by Varda's stars. Tolkien would surely have approved of this.
Klose chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
No need to apologise to Tolkien! (Well, I don't think you need to, anyway. However, I can name you a few 'authors' who should do just that... :P)

This was such a beautiful story. I admire the way you use imagery to tell the story...

"Maglor sang to the stars, and each light touched him, one by one. The soft light of a fading star kissed him, the piercing light of a flashing star nipped at his face. He saw the brightness of the Silmarils in every passing star, and knew the vow of the sons of Feanor was complete, and forgiven, and gone. As he sang, the stars returned the song, merging it with the song of Valinor, singing the song of the last son of Feanor, bringing him home."

I am very heartbroken by Maglor's pain, but I like the redemptive quality of the ending... and the image of the song of the stars following Maglor is simply wonderful.

All in all, a melancholic story, but one that leaves the reader content and reflective (thus my inability to say something more meaningful)... VERY well done, Deborah! :D
Losseniaiel chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
Wonderful, heartbreaking, beautiful.

I really can't begin to describe how touching this story is ... to see the world unmade and yet at last Maglor finds forgiveness within himself *sighs*
Nishy chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
Congratulations. I don't know how much this will mean, given you don't know me personally, but as far as I can recall this and "As Little Might Be Thought" are the first and only fanfics that have ever made me cry.

Maybe 'weep' is a better word for it. The sort of crying that makes your face crumple up.

Not very attractive, but suffice to say I am very much moved.
Gabrielle Lawson chapter 1 . 8/27/2002
I'm still not ready to forgive those Feanorians, but if I were this would be a fitting story to show it. It's beautifully written. I suppose 7 ages is punishment enough...
Alon chapter 1 . 6/26/2002
Beautiful writing. A very fitting epilogue for poor Maglor. I'm so happy that he was released from his oath and got to go into the West. *sigh* Thanks so much, Deborah. peace...
Arwen Imladviel chapter 1 . 5/25/2002
Beautiful. No darkness is eternal, but light? At least the memory remains, the image on the inside of the eyelids, as long as there is an immortal to watch it... and the memory of elves... you wake beautiful images in my mind.
Implacida chapter 1 . 5/23/2002
I'd like to say how much I have enjoyed this entire sequence of stories. They are probably the most poetic that I have read and the most evocative of the otherness of Elves. Beautifully written. Thank you.
Furius chapter 1 . 5/18/2002
great, great story. I always thought Maglor deserve a happy ending.
Finch chapter 1 . 5/10/2002
Yes, there had to be a follow up after the last chapter of As Little Might be Thought. After Maglor made the decision to throw the Silmaril into the sea, his story simply - or well, not quite that simply - had to end in forgiveness and redemption. I'm very glad you wrote this, and the voice of Jeremiah blended in perfectly well.

And yet... I'm sorry its all over now... sniff.
jillian baade chapter 1 . 5/6/2002
Once again beautifu, awe inspiring, stunning. Interesting that Galadriel is the one that comes for Maglor, and i like that you have the same thought as i, that he wandered long alone when there was no real need, endlessly punishing himself through thousands of years. I have always believed that of Feanor's family Maglor was the one most deserving of redemption. One question, where are all the mortals suposed to have gone from the cities? Are they all dead?