Reviews for The Evening Before
clarinetto14 chapter 12 . 12/4/2011
So two great chapters! I loved the scene between Elizabeth and Darcy at the end of this chapter! So I took your advice and read the story on your website and loved reading it all in order! But I will still continue to review here when you update. The writing itself is fantastic and the story's plot is great!
Annabella Prinx chapter 12 . 12/3/2011
I remember reading some of those lines in Jane Austen's book as well but seeing and reading it all from Darcy's point of view gives it a new light to me. I don't know how you do it, but I'm pretty sure your writing style could be easily confused with Jane Austen's. It mus be something in UK's air, but i loved the chapter. You know, I've come to notice that people from UK write in a way that no other author is capable of, my examples and most admired authors from there: Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, J.K. Rowling and several others oh and of course you.

Annabella Prinx chapter 11 . 12/3/2011
Oh boy! I love the fact that you update two chapters per time which is awesome! and I usually only review the last one but however this time i felt the need to review this one as well. You know i had high expectations for what was to come from this chapter since the idea of getting to read aproximately what were Mr. Darcy's thoughts and how his hope grew stronger with Lady Catherine's words. However i feel no dissapointment since you've broken my whole group of expectations and the chapter itself has been even better than in my (compared to yours) little unqorthy imagination. Saying it was perfect doesn't cover it. It's by far my favorite chapter because it shows how Darcy loves Elizabeth and how her personality has gotten to make a change with his as well, which is in my opinion the best part of the book. This chapter is worth a million reviews! and so the story. Im just about to read your next chapter and even though i have no idea what to expect from it now i am at least conscious of the fact that your good writing is gonna be rthe reason of my broken expectations, since your ideas are much better than my expectations let alone be compared.

ambereyes55 chapter 12 . 12/3/2011
love it!
YepItsMe chapter 12 . 12/3/2011
I really like your original dialogue during this scene, him saying he wanted to tell her of gis love for so long and wanting to comfort her at Lambton. Of course I love this scene in P&P bc they have come to an understanding but I always feel the need for more to be said. I think JA was just cruel in not letting us eavesdrop on everything. Lol But I guess that is what FF is for!
YepItsMe chapter 11 . 12/3/2011
Yay! I think we'd all love to have been privy to that conversation. A lot of fics leave out when she says "the wife of Mr Darcy would have such extraordinary sources of happiness necessarily attached to her situation, that she could, on the whole, have no cause to repine."

I'm glad you left it in. I love it and I love when D gets to hear Lady C repeat it, as I think that would've given him the most hope, along with the obvious refusal to promise.

On to Hertfordshire!
kandern chapter 12 . 12/3/2011
How lovely! I love how Darcy responded to his Aunt and how by the end of Chapter 12, the understanding with Elizabeth is out in the open! You've done a wonderful job of describing their feelings and I look forward to more.
Avanell chapter 12 . 12/3/2011
I'll have to reread in the morning, but loved the kisses! :D
Avanell chapter 11 . 12/3/2011
Ooh! Excellent!
Bonbonnett chapter 10 . 12/2/2011
That is a blue funk of a perticularly dark shade of indigo. Poor Darcy!
Crookshank chapter 9 . 12/2/2011
a very nice story
Avanell chapter 9 . 11/30/2011
Did I forget to say great chapters? love how you *blotted* the letter, lol!
Avanell chapter 10 . 11/30/2011
Oh, goodness! So sad...I can't wait for him to return! Will a certain Bat have already visited our Lizzie? :D
Annabella Prinx chapter 10 . 11/30/2011
Oh, poor Mr. Darcy, I can't bear to hear or well read those words from him , he for sure sounds heartbroken and it makes me feel like that as well. I imagine that's exactly how he felt during this whole time full of doubts, i can just imagine it...so all i might dare to say is good job for another fantastic chapter! i wouldn't trade a word of it not even for Pemberly itself!

clarinetto14 chapter 10 . 11/30/2011
Great chapter! Update super soon!
118 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »