Reviews for The Things You Can Change
Kristin chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
This is another one of my favourites because it shows how life goes on, and I love how it interconnects with the real world, and how Tony and Li can be a support for other child soldiers, and I love the story of how they adopted Asabi and Firyali.
Ansa88 chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
oh my gosh...this is just wonderful. strange how people have so many things that're the same, yet they can't understand each other...

i've been meaning to ask, have you been in war? it seems so, especially the way you poignantly write about it, from the DADA to these little fics.
Greensl33ves chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Excellent, that's all I can really say. Excellent.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Nice. Keep writing
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
They could wield a machete and field strip an AK-47 faster than most adults, and they all knew together. We had to. We hate ourselves for it. We hate the people who made us do it. We hate what it's cost us. We hate that we can never forget it. We hate that we hate.

They never tried to tell them that it would be okay, that things would go back to how they had been, or that they would ever have much in common with the children who were still children, but they told them other things. That they could be loved, even in pieces. That they didn't have to live on anyone's charity. That they could make a difference without having to fight for it. That they weren't monsters and yes, someone really did know what they'd done and still said that. Ritual scarifications and loyalty brandings were answered with tattoos of two joined letters and a date.

I almost started crying, actually. One of the things I loved is that she didn't want to go because she was afraid of scaring some of the kids. And it's so great that she and Tony found some people that understood them.