Reviews for Sheltered
foolondahill17 chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
So beautiful: the emotion, the characterization, that last line... I love the notion of Susan gathering her magic within her, wrapping her child to protect her, so incredibly poignant - very like a mother.
kci47 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Hooray for Susan - glad to see the strength she has from her POV.
Ansa88 chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
whoa...O.O

tis all i can say right now.

i need to do this...and be this calm.

wonderful stuff. oh my goodness...O.O
Danwea chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
'She didn't believe many promises, but she did believe the one given to her by another young mother in a lightning scar on the forehead of a boy who'd lived.'

Oh my word that is so beautiful. And so powerful!

I literally have chills!
ladygemtepz chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
got an account to thank you again for this story. Puff pride!
TeenTypist chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
"Whatever happened, it would be all right. She didn't believe many promises, but she did believe the one given to her by another young mother in a lightning scar on the forehead of a boy who'd lived."

Beautiful. I absolutely loved it. I understand why this didn't make the final cut in the novel-it wouldn't have flowed-but this here is beautiful.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Don't argue with 'Puffs;D Keep writing
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
This is one of my favorite things you've ever written, I think (not that I don't love everything). It's so nice to read about Susan being willing to protect what she loves. The dialogue, her attitude, an extremely frustruated Snape... perfect combination.

How she held herself from reacting, she didn't know. Perhaps it was that place where panic gives way to perfect clarity, but even her heartbeat had calmed, and she heard a voice very like her aunt's give a short, derisive laugh. "Forgive me, sir, but someone has quite the imagination."

"You deny, then, any feelings for Mr. Macmillan?"

"Of course I have feelings for him." She raised her chin, flicking her head to toss the long, heavy braid back over one shoulder as she regarded him with the look she usually would have reserved for a young boy caught rifling her underwear.

I love how her laugh mirrors her aunt, then she tells Snape he's insane, and then she gives him that look (the underwear reference made me crack up).