Reviews for What I Wished For
07LSU chapter 12 . 11/28/2012
I feel so bad for both of them... and I still want to kick Jacob's ass. ;)
07LSU chapter 11 . 11/28/2012
I started this yesterday... I really like this fic. I want to choke Jacob half the time and Bella the other half for not seeing how much of a dick he is.
Can't wait to see how this develops... great writing.
whohellanoes chapter 2 . 10/7/2012
ew, Jake fails as a husband.
Chimelle23 chapter 35 . 9/26/2012
Very much enjoyed your story. Heavy subject, but interesting to read about in this sort of setting.

drlena chapter 13 . 9/11/2012
You've made me into a Jacob Hater!
I'm so glad Edward will go to the doctor with her.
Guest chapter 11 . 9/11/2012
I'm so sad now too and so pissed at Jacob!
I've really enjoyed you're writing thanks so much for sharing.
There are just a few words that I've seen your American characters use that don't fit-as Americans don't use those word typically. "whilst"- we say while, "flat" we say "apartment", "happy christmas"- we say "merry christmas", also Boxing day isn't a holiday- so we just say "day after christmas", "mate" we say "friend", and we use the word "holiday" for specific calendar days such as Christmas or Independence Day that are federal or religious holidays, but use the word "vacation" for time off or traveling/trip. I just thought you might like to know for future reference. There are a few sayings that are specific to the Pacific Northwest that I thought you might like to know that will give away the area. We say "pop" instead of soda or soft drink, "spendy" for expensive, and we use the word "yeah" a lot at beginning or ending of sentences to emphasize a point. i.e. -Yeah, that restaurant is pretty spendy, a pop cost 5 dollars! -Yeah, I know I won't be going there any time soon.
Also, your descriptions of the PNW are right on so either you've spent some time here or have done great research. Also, your character's pickiness about coffee and beer is also spot on!
Thanks again,
lena
Isao84 chapter 35 . 9/3/2012
I loooved the story, the writing was superb!
How you copied their expressions and fused them in their dialogue was sutil but brilliant (though you do remarked it with Alice, yeah?)
The plot itself is one that's been done before but little elements and big decisions on your part for your characters and the result is a novel I personally have quite loved from beginning till end. I picked it up hesterday morning and haven't dropped till now...
Your reader.
Sunny Hanson chapter 4 . 8/10/2012
This story has some great writing but there is one major error that you are making. If you are writing about people who live in WA then you need to write like someone who lives there speaks and thinks. The story doesn't flow well when you are using regional language incorrectly.

Otherwise, I hate Jake because he reminds me of my ex-husband. I was treated the same way for 6 years before I finally left. There were times when I wished violent thoughts to him myself.
chem-mom-of-3 chapter 24 . 8/6/2012
Wow, lots of healing confessions & sweet words. I do love this Edward.
chem-mom-of-3 chapter 21 . 8/6/2012
Thank you for writing the funeral this way. Charlie really came through all the way for Bella, Bella spoke up without saying too much, & Edward followed his heart and came to support Bella yet didn't make a scene. What a perfect chapter, for a subject that is so complicated.
chem-mom-of-3 chapter 20 . 8/6/2012
A eulogy? Really? I would refuse that request & just sit quietly. Why aid others in making Jacob look good and herself look bad. I am anxious to read the next chapter but know that her downward spiral is quickly coming.
chem-mom-of-3 chapter 14 . 8/6/2012
I am so sad about what she has to endure & hear from her husband. Glad Edward is there but see that could have a negative affect too by adding guilt.
chem-mom-of-3 chapter 8 . 8/6/2012
Good, she felt free to be herself with someone who seems to appreciate her. Now comes the guilt, right?
chem-mom-of-3 chapter 4 . 8/6/2012
Wow, what a chapter. He really knows what to say. I am going to have a hard time reading this, aren't I?
chem-mom-of-3 chapter 2 . 8/6/2012
I so see myself doing some of this. I make sure the laundry is going when my husband comes home & try to look productive even though often I zone out reading. Bad habits but it is an escape from reality, right?
773 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »