Reviews for What I Wished For
Motherthing chapter 21 . 2/17/2012
This story has hit so many true notes with me. I have vivid memories of thinking "if only he would just hit me, I'd leave." It took too many years for the verbal abuse to finally be too much for me and I left. I'm still clinically depressed and fighting it every day. Know that your story rings so true.

You handled the funeral impeccably. Charlie and Bella both spoke truth without using any nasty or vindictive words. Impressive...
HockeyChick10 chapter 21 . 2/16/2012
The funeral was more than Jacob deserved. I guess it's time to let sleeping dogs lie now.

Sarah and Rebecca broke my heart. At least, now I would hope that they'll get reacquanted.

Edward is such a hero and he doesn't even realize it.
tlwatkins chapter 21 . 2/16/2012
Great chapter... i don't understand how Bella can't see how EDward is not in love with her...
Grace brings Hope chapter 21 . 2/16/2012
Perfect. Couldn't have asked for a better funeral scene. ']
PhoenixRN chapter 21 . 2/16/2012
You weren’t kidding about the next chapter being up soon! What a lovely surprise! How sweet that Edward stayed back for her! Billy is a disgusting human being, but can I just say, “GO CHARLIE!” I loved the speech he made! Loved Bella’s speech too. Very surprised and humbled by Sarah and Rebecca, and yes, it definitely cleared things up. Billy is… there are no words. Thank you so much for the review, and so you know, I put the fic rec up on fanfiction, so I hope it brings in some new readers. Beautiful story!
PhoenixRN chapter 20 . 2/16/2012
Just found your story yesterday, and was completely consumed by it. You are a wonderful writer, and I'm very much looking forward to more. You handle such difficult subject matter so delicately, yet so effectively, I was in tears. By the way, I think you may have the sweetest Edward I've ever read in a fanfic. Awesome fic, bravo, love it, I bow to you!
IceVault chapter 20 . 2/15/2012
Oh God. I panicked when I read your first AN, i knew what was coming!

Poor Bella, and poor Edward. Especially knowing we still need to get to the prologue :(

Thanks for the update tho!
ttcub chapter 20 . 2/15/2012
Wow I love this story. I have been reading it on Twilighted and I wanted to review over there but for some reason they don't show up. So I am glad I found this over here because now I can let you know how much I love this story. I can see why you did not want Edward to stoop down to Jacob's level. I feel sorry for Bella and if I was her I would not show up and if I did I would let everyone know what an ass he was. I mean if the town is going to blame her anyways then why not do it with force and I would also get some photos of the beating he gave her and show them also. Can't wait for more
HockeyChick10 chapter 20 . 2/15/2012
OMG...this was great chapter. I think Jake got off a little too easy by just having an accident...he should have been mauled to death by wolves ;) Protectward again for the win. Bella needs to realize soon that Edward's I love you means the same thing as hers. I can't wait for that epiphany to happen.
stormy315 chapter 20 . 2/14/2012
great jacob died by accident...will bella now start to push edward away? oh my...cant wait...
LuluC chapter 20 . 2/14/2012
I'm glad that we've circled around (almost) to the dark place that the prologue was in. I'm sure that writing these last few chapters and knowing where things were going was difficult, but you have written them beautifully. You're very gentle with Bella and her situation, realistically so. Edward has the patience of a saint, but we understand where it's coming from (wouldn't any of us do this for someone we loved?). I'm pleased that Bella has connected/reconnected with friends (outside of Edward - not that he isn't great, but goodness knows that to really deal with a situation like this, one person isn't enough) and that Charlie has been appropriately supportive. I will say that it's also nice to see Bella have flashes of independence, like when she stood up to Billy during this chapter.

As usual, this is well-written - beyond the ideas, it is well constructed and your grammar only helps to illuminate the story, not to obscure your intent. (Goodness. Am I a teacher, or what?)
boomerand chapter 20 . 2/14/2012
Perfect chapter, perfect ending for Jacob and now we are ready to put him in the ground!
MaryMags chapter 20 . 2/14/2012
I think I speak for all your readers when I say "What the hell is Bella thinking?"...but it's perfect, because with the depression she is suffering, her reactions run right along the lines of what she should be feeling...she still hasn't fully accepted that she was never at fault for the way her marriage to Jacob turned out and the what if's from that are still haunting her...of course the what if's are going to be worse now, to the nth negative degree...

You've put an acurate face to the nature of how people feel when suffering from this debilitating illness, and i commend you for it...great job, can't wait for the next chapter!

GinnyW 31 chapter 20 . 2/14/2012
Gah. It's all just so unfair to her. Looks like we're nearly up to the prologue. I'm hoping that things will start to look up for her.
twifan522 chapter 14 . 2/13/2012
Just wondering...was Jacob ever kind and loving toward her, or has he always been this awful and just had too little self esteem to see who he really is?
818 | « Prev Page 1 .. 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 .. Last Next »