Reviews for Ready the Dragons
Skipping Stone chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
Cool! Love your linked scences! The characters were so like themselves! Loved the way Astrid persuaded the other teens!
Frostbite Brandson chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
I love it
I am that Writer chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
I love the parts you filled in that weren't in the movie.
JJ chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
I love this! Can you do it from Astrid's point of view DURING the battle? Please? Good job!
Pinnatus chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Great story! Love how you have the scenes from the movie, which were perfectly written out in my opinion, incorporated with your original scenes. I love that you explain why the teens had different moods when we saw them in the ring with Hiccup to hear the plan. I always wondered why Snotlout would be so happy while Fishlegs was so upset. What you wrote made total sense.

The length was necessary considering that you wrote out entire scenes from the movie. I liked how you paced it and really focused on writing what had to be written and not stopping just because of length. You used line breaks well (even if you could have put a couple more) and flawlessly moved from one scene to the next.

The whole thing was well planned and well written. The characters are in character in your original scenes which adds to the ease of the story. You really can't tell where the movie scenes are and your original scenes. Great job with everything; I'm definitely favoriting it!
AlexisKlainer chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Have to say, this story is AMAZING!

I love Disney! So i LOVE your stories! :) HTTYD one's especially :P

and i watched the 'Book of Dragons' and 'Gift of the Night Fury' cause you mentioned them :D EPIC! *Loves*
Backroads chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Tragically, it is not in the budget this month to purchase "Gift of the Nightfury" though I am hoping my husband will get the hint and buy it for me for Christmas because it would only be the cutest Christmas present ever! I've heard so much good about it.

Ahem.

Now to pay attention to your story. I have only have read a handful of your stories (though I plan to read more because I really dig your writing style) but I think this may be my favorite so far! I love stories that go further into the movie and pick at everyone's possible thoughts and this one covered quite a nice spectrum of people.

It was also such an emotional section of the movie where so many changes are happening and I love it.

Great thoughts, great characterization (I liked the idea of Fishlegs getting a little angry), and gorgeous writing.
musiclover99 chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
The Gift of the Night Fury made me wanna crawl up and cry at the sweetness and how cute that was and and -

I loved it so freaking much, I am SO pumped for the TV series!

Loved this fic, btw.
Ethan chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
I have the movie and i was sad too
JustBlossom chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
Oh my goodness! I saw Gift of the Night Fury yesterday and it was just too good for words! I was expecting it to be pretty bad and boy I have never been so happy to be wrong! I know, I cried too at the end and it just tugs on my heartstrings... But this review should really be about your story, which was a very good interpretation of the scenes in the movie, and the scenes you filled in fit quite nicely. I've seen quite a few of these scenes done before, but this one was definitely one of the best and very refreshing. Now I have to go re-watch GOTNF! :D :D :D
TreepeltA113 chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
(Yes, it's me, I'm just too lazy to log in.)

Huh, I did the same scene from Astrid's POV, too! But I like this one a little better, you elaborated on her thoughts and feelings, and now I feel kind of heartless:3 YOU SAW GIFT OF THE NIGHT FURY OMFREAKINGGOSH I WANNA SEE IT SO BAD! Good story!
Star chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
:( I would watch it but I have yet to go and get it .

I keep watching a spoiler vid on youtube though when Astrid is freaking out over the exploding eggs. Astrid Hofferson freaking out is just too funny xD
Comet Moon chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Watched it the first day.

It rocked.

All the Dragons save the Zippleback named.

Though Fishlegs horrorcow became Meatlug.

Snoutlout's fireworm became Hookfang.

And Astrid's took Camacazi's Bragons name Stormfly.

Still and Great Movie. Can't wait for the TV series and Sequel.

Great story by the way.

Looking forward to more Hope you continue.

Ja ne

Jim
bStormhands chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Very good. I loved how your filled those scenes in.
Crazy For Mac-A-Damian Nutz chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
OMG! You watched the gift of the night fury! I just saw the commercial! Looks so nice! PLEASE PM ME! Tell me all about it! Does Toothless have babies? Tell me! Did you watch it in the Cinemas or DVD?