Reviews for Of Crowns And Crockery
FlightFeathers chapter 4 . 12/13/2014
Oh, being a queen must be difficult (though I would like to experience how). Poor Susan, being bombarded with questions she hardly knew answers to! Soon, she will get used to it, and will be, gradually, efficient at it, too. All the Pevensies have royalty in their blood. The situation you created was good to show the queen Susan will be, and is. I can understand how Lucy feels being a child still, and not be able to handle the affairs she wants to. But, just like Susan said, she should bring hope, which is the most required thing for Narnia.
talinia chapter 6 . 12/13/2014
this is a very beautiful story! the writing style flows and you really capture the emotions well - very inspiring. i do like the way you portray the realistic and raw feelings of the young monarchs. really looking forward to the next chapter :)
FlightFeathers chapter 3 . 12/12/2014
Lucy is so excited! Just like her, can't wait to explore her new life. Everyone's earnest here, and it is very thoughtful of you that you mentioned the awkwardness the Pevensies felt as their commands were thought to be the highest command by the Animals. :) A happy start, it surely is, for the Pevensies.
FlightFeathers chapter 2 . 12/12/2014
It is good that you decided to search the bond of sisterhood, deep as it is. This chapter was really intense; Susan's thoughts about her siblings and how she felt ashamed about it, for she is a queen, and her duty, according to herself, is to serve her country showed her affection for them - almost her motherly affection, I would say. You explored what Lucy and Susan felt like being queens, and that's really a good topic. Susan's duty, as told by Aslan, is really not on the frontline, but if she is to protect her siblings, then they are to save their countries; without them being looked after, who would then look after the country itself? So, even though her duty looks unspecial, it really is special, seeing how great she produces the result through her cause. I like her duty as a queen, and she will be courageous when she will let her siblings fight for Narnia, as she cares for them deeply. :)
FlightFeathers chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
Wow. Lucy - she is a radiance, and she has never ceased to amaze me. I liked the interactions of Lucy with Edmund, Susan (though she spoke to her merely a few words), and, most especially, Peter. It was best that the actual TALK was done between Lucy and Peter, because Peter is the wisest of the Pevensie siblings, that much I can say. He was wise, without realising he was BEING wise. The High King that is slowly showing himself inside Peter was something Lucy would note, though little she is.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/11/2014
Oh, that's a lovely picture! This was absolutely charming and a wonderful glimpse at the everyday challenges that Susan and Lucy faced. Looking forward to more!
WillowDryad chapter 6 . 12/11/2014
That's just lovely. Well done.
MCH chapter 5 . 11/28/2014
Read all 5 chapters lovely story about the sisters and their relationship and how they start to learn to be the Queens that Aslan wants they to be.
1monster2 chapter 5 . 1/24/2013
I love this story! Great job!
MCH chapter 3 . 1/6/2013
Just read once all chapters.
Nice to see a story about Lucy and Susan and see how they deal with the problems they have got.

Not all battles are won on a battlefield by swords there are battles to fought to win hearts and minds to bring hope building a foundation secure enough for Narnia to find peace and justice even if it means a Queens fights her battles with a feather duster or she is heroic rushing into a room as a floor collapsed.

Hope that makes sense both Queens as will their brothers be heroes just on a different battlefields .
WillowDryad chapter 5 . 12/1/2012
This was all really nicely done. I hope you'll come back to it one day. :)
rthstewart chapter 4 . 4/28/2012
So I have just read the first four years. I found this through someone's favs and am sorry it missed me the first time. It is lovely to see stories focused upon Susan and Lucy, for you are quite right and they are few. I'm also very interested in seeing what you mean by exploring the darker under parts, which are there, in the Chronicles. Again, there are not too many stories that look at the real work of it all. Narnia is a very weird place.

I'll be curious to see how you develop Susan. I see there being a huge strength and intelligence in her and one who is routinely undervalued for her contributions - it's nice to see her find some strength in the last chapter and act heroic, in a way. I just love all those practical details like falling down ceilings and food and squatters. These are REAL problems and I look forward to seeing you tackle some of them!

My favorite line is Lucy being angry that Susan was off to try and rescue someone without her! I really liked Susan's observations about Lucy at the dance, how very Narnian she seemed already - but then I'm partial to the interpretations that have Lucy raised a bit by wolves, so to speak, wild, free, and very much a child of Narnia.

I will note that the traditional gender roles of the females cleaning while the males are out as messengers might be something to re-examine going forward.

Thank you for an excellent contribution and I look forward to more!
LostInWonderland72 chapter 4 . 3/19/2012
Oh, this is simply gorgeous! Tremendously well-written. I love it! Please do continue, your story is marvellous, and you do a very good job of a realistic portrayal of what could have happened right after the Pevensies were crowned. Please update soon!
MCH chapter 4 . 3/19/2012
Like this story love the way your telling story of what happening after the celebration where over. How the kings and queens sorted out the country.

Please update soon.
OldFashionedGirl95 chapter 3 . 2/4/2012
Mmmm. I like it. There aren't enough fics about rebuilding Narnia after the Winter, nor are there nearly enough fics about Lucy and Susan. Thank you.