Reviews for Burn
Triscribe chapter 1 . 2/25
Okay, I really shouldn't have stopped to read this right before class, because now I'm having a hard time not crying.
Beautifully written, yet emotionally stressful. Well done!
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
I really like this. I would love to meet Ink sometime and give him a reading list that would take him the rest of a normal person's life span.
kalujinn chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Hey! Your fic was recced on Star Wars Fanbase: la femme on facebook. I'm glad, too, or I might have missed it! Well written, a strong use of language. I enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing!
mecaka chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
:( Book-burnings...
Link Holtz chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
This made me tear up inside. I too, love books and hold them dear to my heart. The thought of destroying books, and thus stories and knowledge leaves a burning feeling in my chest.
DoubleEO chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
I know. I could spend years in a library! :P Good story. Poor Ink.
almostinsane chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
Great story!

Wait, WHAT happened? Who destroyed the books in Wall Street? Please message me.

Thanks for writing this. God bless!
ThoseWereTheDays chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Very powerful. I could say more, but I'll leave it at that.

~ThoseWereTheDays
SerendipityAEY chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
So beautiful, so powerful. I can't stand the idea of the archives being burned! :( Just as painful as an image of everything that's been ruined, so, so sad but you've captured the idea masterfully.

Love the character and the name alike. Fantastic job!
Sarge1995 chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Well, I can understand how that would anger you enough to create this story...the destruction of knowledge is a heinous act, no doubts there. As always, excellent work- this was so sad, depressing, dark, and yet masterfully so.
Xander867 chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
That certainly hit the spot for me. I love books too and it was a sad thing when the Jedi Archives were destroyed. Ink sounds like a methodical clone who appriciates things that hardly any other clone - or sentient - would care for. I'd definatly read a story with him in it. Oh and I don't like the whole Occupy Wallstreet either, it's just getting out of hand and adding fuel to an already growing fire of unrest. I just don't see why people can't just sit down and have a civil discution about things.
AwRiter chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
A great interpretation of the Order 66 aftermath. I especially love the reference to Jocasta Nu, (sadly, she is always forgotten) and what her last moments might have been like.
sachariah chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
I knew where you were going with this when I got through the first paragraph (knowing your love of books, it wasn't hard to guess!).

This is a masterful piece, opening up another aspect of the tragedy that was Operation Knightfall. It might seem a bit much to make an analogy between a life ended and the destruction of a book, but in a way, books and the written word are someone's legacy, someone's contribution to mankind. It's a different sort of tragedy, but a tragedy regardless.

The trooper you created here was fascinating. You got across that sense of childlike wonder at these works, and human almost plaintive sense of loss at their destruction. His perspective on Jocasta Nu was poignant, because it seems Ink feels the same sense of pain at the needless destruction of the Archives, even of he doesn't know how to express it.

The dialogue here was chilling: "Just because they're not alive doesn't mean they're not dangerous." How true.

"Follow your orders and don't think about it, if it bothers you." Like laloga said, this seems to be one of the few coping mechanisms the clones have. Short of throwing their humanity to the wind and becoming brutal monsters, they're only other option is to bury their individuality under duty and obedience to orders. For many, there is no third option.

Wonderful work! I have to admit I don't regard the OWS movement as highly as I did when it began (I *really* tried... but they made it kind of hard after a while), but that hardly excuses acts of brutality. Or censorship. I spend a lot of time in the digital realm, and I tend to quantify information that way; even the Internet is not free from threats of censorship. Like the Jedi, we let down our guard at our own peril.
LongLiveTheClones chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Incredibly touching. The character of Ink is fantastic. Always so devastating to read Order 66 stories, and imagine the pain of both the Jedi and the clone/Stormtroopers who ended up carrying out the Order.

A very interesting way to reflect upon the whole Occupy Wall Street saga. Well done.
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Very nice! I loved "Holobooks smelled too much like droids when they burned" and the glimpses of what it's like to be a clone. Before I read your authors note I started to think of Ink as a writer: "Even after the story ended, words kept filling his head, of other adventures, of other possibilities." So the whole thing felt very emotionally resonant for me, especially because I haven't written for Star Wars in a while and...the burning of that universe('s books) seemed very symbolic and did hammer home that Bradbury-like emphasis on preserving literature. Good job. _