Reviews for Beneath The Surface
irishnlove2shop chapter 57 . 9/15/2016
Mason and Carly are just adorable!
HenzBee chapter 58 . 9/14/2016
Thanks for a great story!
I am very impressed with your passion and knowledge about sharks and other marine life.
As a nature conservationist living in Gordon's Bay I have a few comment and questions.
1. I was very ready to complain about the errors with the weather and local details but I was glad when I saw the author's note saying the weather was all literary licence. And about the local knowledge, I'm probably the only one besides perhaps my sister to notice.
2. About the dives and marine life that you described in False Bay, how much is true and how much was using creative licence incorporating knowledge from places you know better?
3. Do you know about the very successful shark spotter programme run by the City of Cape Town where shark sightings lead to the evacuation of swimmers and surfers in that area?
4. I seemed to have been very naive when shark cage diving near Gansbaai in a very active zone. Going with a comercial operator meant I was not considdering any of the dangers. There was very little concern given by the commercial operator to safety besides keeping all limbs firmly inside the cage. Even having the shark bite the cage right in front of my face didn't raise any worry with them.
5. You make me question my own safety in the ocean. I am an open water swimmer as well as part of sea rescue and have for a very long time tried to ignore the presence of sharks in the same waters to push down my fear of them. I feel you may have made the team a bit over cautious and paranoid. You know what really works though is something they told us at an open water swim event: you are more likely to have died in a car crash on your way here than be attacked by a shark during the swim. That just put the perception of risk right in perspective.

Well done again on a great story!
thunnababy chapter 47 . 9/3/2016
I admit I was a total wreck during this shark encounter! Great writing.
thunnababy chapter 46 . 9/3/2016
Another lovely chapter. I loved how he missed his mom and isn't afraid to say it for fear of being labeled a Mama's boy. Bella had just thr right words for him to pull out of this little funk he found himself in. They are perfect for each other. Alice surprised them with her blog post and they liked it. So maybe she'll have something to contribute to their team after all. Whit surely will eventually fall in love with her, if he hasn't already.
thunnababy chapter 45 . 8/31/2016
Wonderful chapter. I am loving the fact that this is a learning experience as well as a sweet love story. Win, win.
thunnababy chapter 44 . 8/30/2016
Edward's response to Alice wanting to add some bling to Lizzy's collar was a true testament to the man's innate goodness. Bella is proving her worth and value to the team, which is pretty amazing considering her past fear and hatred of sharks. Not that that has changed, but her willingness to learn more about their value to the ecological balance of the oceans is one step forward in her education as well as her commitment to the team's research.
You are a very talented writer and either you are also a marine biologist/researcher or you just are making all this up, (which I doubt), I thank you for enlightening this reader to the wonders of the oceans.
thunnababy chapter 43 . 8/30/2016
Great conversation between Edward and Carlisle, it smoothed the way for them to become family eventually. I also loved that that Esme is now going off with Carlisle, that was a wonderful moment as well.
thunnababy chapter 42 . 8/29/2016
Alice's' surprise was very sweet and I think it helped redeem her in Edward's eyes.
How mortifying for them when Esme and Carlisle found them though, and then Esme's dremarks, not to mention poor Edward's squashed beans and frank! LOL.
thunnababy chapter 41 . 8/29/2016
The name of this chapter says it all. LOL. So glad they finally reached that point and it was good. Not quite as hot as I'd hoped but there are still many chapters ahead. ️
I have a feeling they are going to get a lot of razzing when they get back to camp!
thunnababy chapter 39 . 8/29/2016
Now that he said his mea-culpa and meant it, Bella can let him know she can't be treated like that again. I think he was more angry at himself than Bella.
thunnababy chapter 38 . 8/28/2016
Great chapter. Alice has begun mending her fences, so to speak, I hope she has learned her lesson and understands neither Edward nor his friends are her arch enemy.
thunnababy chapter 37 . 8/27/2016
I sure hope Alice finally sees how happy Bella is with Edward and the crew and that she is committed to their mission as well. I really liked the letter Whit wrote to her, letting her see how she has done nothing but hurt her sister with her spiteful ways. I think she finally gets it and I hope for all their sakes that she admits her faults and asks for their forgiveness. She owes them all that, especially Bella and Edward.
Sheila Stevenson chapter 58 . 8/24/2016
This is one of the best stories I've ever read! Any genre , ever! Thank you.
thunnababy chapter 36 . 8/26/2016
At this point I don't know if they should just send Alice back home or gag and tie her up! Knowing this crew though, I think they should have some sort of pow-wow with her and let her know she's done if she doesn't stop trying to break Bella and Edward up.
Thunnababy chapter 35 . 8/22/2016
I really liked this chapter. There are times though where I feel I am witnessing a therapy session instead of a conversation. All good, however it does get a bit tedious sometimes. Frankly I can't understand why Whit has fallen in love with Alice because up to now, at least, she has been a bitch both to Bella and to Edward. I'd like to see the side of her that Whit sees.
2,667 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »