Reviews for Beneath The Surface
thunnababy chapter 11 . 7/14
What a mess. Bella's curiosity got the better of her resulting in a catastrophe for Edward and he lost his cool. He also misunderstood Whit's comforting hugs to Bella so he is now imagining the worst. I hope Whit can straighten this mess out for him.
I love these characters you have created as well as the setting. Sharks are a fearsome denizen of the deep and most of us can't imagine why anyone would want to swim with them to study their patterns. Amazing story you are writing.
thunnababy chapter 9 . 7/13
It's killing me that he gets so close and then pulls away. I know it's killing Bella as well!
thunnababy chapter 8 . 7/13
Loved the bit about her wearing the dress and climbing the ladder. Cute. I really have grown attached to this crew. Each character is unique and interesting. Love Esme.
thunnababy chapter 6 . 7/13
I wish I could find your Masen Marine Blog but it must not exist anymore. I'd like to see the visuals.
I think Edward's reaction to her freak out was uncalled for in that public area. Sure he didn't know her history but for her to react that way was out of character for her so he should have had a clue she was in deep stress over something terrible that happened to her at some time.
It makes me wonder why she would even want this job if it's that bad.
thunnababy chapter 5 . 7/13
The more time Masen and Bella spend alone together the closer they get. Whit is always stirring the pot, one of these days Masen will let him have it.
thunnababy chapter 4 . 7/13
I'm trying to figure out if Whit has a crush on Bella.
thunnababy chapter 3 . 7/12
Well let's see what the morning brings. May after a night's sleep he'll see clearly that what happened last night in the bar was just an unfortunate encounter. Too many miss cues and old photos were responsible for the whole mess. Hopefully they can start over and begin again.
thunnababy chapter 2 . 7/12
Oh boy, wait til Bella finds out she's been making out with her boss! Vice versa! Should be good.
thunnababy chapter 1 . 7/12
Looking forward to Bella meeting Masen.
Merylin chapter 58 . 7/5
Hi! I don't really like long fics that I don't follow from the early stages, but somehow, you managed to reel me in time and again with the different scenarios and situations that the couples face. Thanks for making this one of the best I've read in a while, and that's saying something cause I've been reading fics for a long time. Anyway, hope to read more from you!

Lovelots,
Merylin
StewObsessed chapter 17 . 7/7
Love this chapter! But my favourite part had to be the use of Afrikaans (my mother tongue). A big thumbs up to whoever helped you with the translation. Also, as a Captonian, I love reading about the places I know and love. Great overall story so far.
gracie7236 chapter 35 . 7/2
I am enjoying this story so much. You are an incredible writer. I am reading while watching shark week and my family has been shocked with my shark knowledge. ;) thanks for sharing your talent with all of us.
sosueme chapter 24 . 6/27
I like most of these characters and i love the marine facts, but this fic is just way too long for me! I'm sorry, i'm going to have to bail. Thanks for sharing ;)
vian850 chapter 16 . 6/22
Rolange chapter 36 . 6/20
I know this story is complete, so what I have to say won't change the outcome (or what I think will be the outcome, since I'm only on chapter 36).

First off, I want to say I am enjoying it for the most part. It's unusual, with the shark research angle. It's also somewhat realistic in the handling of the internship. I like the way Edward (and the rest of the crew) work together and the way Bella's skills have grown over time. Her fear is certainly understandable and realistic and I'm happy with the way you've handled the setbacks and panic attacks. Frankly, I'm not sure I would ever be ready to go into the water again, much less near sharks again, the way Bella has.

I've also really enjoyed the characterizations of Whit, Gopher, Esme, and Lee. It feels like there's a real connection between all of them, something that isn't fake or forced.

Now, what I'm not enjoying: the predictability of Alice being Whit's dream girl and uncle Carl ending up with Esme. I know it's cannon but I really felt that you could have gotten away with straying from that, especially in this story. It's not just that Alice has been a spoiled brat. In fact, her presence has lended some realistic tension between the siblings and the MMR crew. No. It's mostly because her and Whit ending up together and Carlisle and Esme ending up together is so predictable. So pat. And really, kind of odd and convenient given the familial situations: Bella, Alice, Carlisle. Edward, Esme, Whit all conveniently end up together.

Whit and Alice dreaming about each other is an odd whimsical trope that felt out of place here. It would have been nice if one or both realized that sometime the person we dream about isn't the person they are in reality. I know there's some of that in this chapter but I have a feeling they'll still end up together.

For the most part, I have enjoyed this story. I considered stopping because of my concerns but I really do enjoy the Edward/Bella parts.
2,653 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »