Reviews for The Serpent Cycle: The Professor
Jarek chapter 22 . 2/2/2014
Aaahhhh! I have obsessively read all this in one morning, and find myself distressed where it ends! Curses! Surely that is not all there is?... i'd give you a pleading look but unless you're into femmy queer dudes that might not work.

I'm not normally one for fics where Sev's into Lily in more than a classical Courtly kind of romance way but your writing is just so raw. I haven't been through war myself nor have I joined up with a terrorist cult led by a charismatic leader, but Sev's depression and guilt, his self-hatred and anguish, it's so very very raw and it just rings so true to me. He's still in shreds over Lily but he's in shreds over what else he's done, other people who have died, and that makes it so much more believable to me. Not to mention I'm an utter suck for fics showing school-aged Severus AND fics showing Sev spying oh yeah AND AND AND Sev being head of Slytherin (all the better with the how-the-fuck-do-I-do-this angle you're showcasing, because really when the fuck did he have time to process any of that stuff before being thrown into the teaching and spying and head of house thing?)

So, GREAT angle, and perhaps you were near done here... or ran out of inspiration, it happens. But it's TOO GOOD please oh please don't let it die without some closure?... your Deviantart clearly shows that you are one busy, creative, and productive person. I hope your mmuse wanders back this way sometime. :) Selfish of me, I know.
darkdranzer chapter 22 . 1/26/2014
Aaah nooo dont stop here i want to know whathappens
Iva chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Very nice chapter, thank you. I hope Severus will understand what needs to be done and that he is the one in charge and the one to protect his students. (-: (And Dumbledore would give him a bit praise for that - but there I might hold my hopes too high?)
Saint Snape chapter 22 . 6/30/2013
I hate Dumbledore. I would have made that smug Matilda take over and add that ingredient to the potion so it could have blown up in her face. Maybe it would have taught her and the other Slytherins a lesson that you don't mess with Severus Snape.
maidofkent chapter 22 . 6/29/2013
'Lily, I have stolen your life and I am now cursed to live out the rest of mine.'

That is the crux of it - the Draught of Living Death he talks about to Harry.

What a cold fish Dumbledore is. He is right that Severus needs to take control on his own, but it would be useful if some help were to be forthcoming.
maidofkent chapter 21 . 4/5/2013
Excellent update; we see Severus beginning to assume his professorial stance.
A good pick up too on the statute at Godric's Hollow and what news of it must have done to Severus' feelings.

Minor britpick - we don't have cardinals in the UK; try thrush or blackbird.
Saint Snape chapter 21 . 4/4/2013
Severus' suffering is just so terrible. With the students treating him so horribly it's no wonder in the future he became cold and sarcastic to them. He has to have a wall up for protection.
Guest chapter 20 . 3/24/2013
Poor Sev...
Ayla-tan chapter 20 . 2/26/2013
What a bittersweet chapter!

It was so hard to see Severus suffer because of from his mothers condition... but those memories of the moments he used to have with his mother, especially that one in the snow..they were so lovely...and cute. And then, when he found out what his mother needed...that was sweet, too. I really hope, for his sake, that his mum will have a last moment of lucidity, where she'll tell him she loves him and that she is sorry for abandoning him, one moment where she acknowledges him, where they can find some sort of closure... I don't want her to leave Severus so torn. I'd like her to know what Severus is doing...if not everything then at least in parts and I want Severus to feel like he's made her proud, before she goes. Because that she'll die is inevitable, I fear.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Greetings,
Ayla
Ayla-tan chapter 19 . 1/29/2013
A new chapter! Yay! :)

Another wonderful but sad chapter...my favourite part was the one where he remembers the Gobstone playing with his mother...so cute.

I want to shake Eileen...I don't think she truly wants to hurt Sev, but no matter how he acts, she still does. The mere thought of my mother completely ignoring me like that and pining after someone who hurt me horribly and, to top it off, even confusing me with that person gives me the chills..Sev truly is admirable, with how he manages to do it...I'm still half-expecting him to break down.

That song Flitwick's choir was singing...it was heart-breaking, how poor Sev reacted to it.

Those bullies in his House...well, they're going to get their punishment in time, I hope? I want them to regret what they're doing to Sev.

I like Sev's resolve, to protect everyone. But I still wish he'd have a better and especially healthier opinion of himself... but somehow, knowing what happened in the books, I fear that won't happen...at least not to the extent I wish it would. For I think Sev never truly learnt what it was like to be cared for, or ever managed to accept himself and regard himself as truly worthy. I think he might not have accepted himself when he was still a child- thanks to his father.

I really don't know whether I wish for Eileen to survive or not. I guess I do, but I hope she realizes that it is her own son who is talking to her, and manages to at least partially give her son the comfort he deserves. You know...wouldn't that be an idea? Maybe she could become the person at whose shoulder he can cry on (providing she recovers)...but sadly, I do not believe at the moment that she'll even survive her cancer. Poor Sev...she's the only one he has left. For her sake, death might be the nicer option...she's suffering like this... but I still wish she'd find the strength to live again, for her son.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter :)
Saint Snape chapter 19 . 1/29/2013
My heart just bleeds for Severus. He has nothing...
onecelestialbeing chapter 19 . 1/28/2013
sorry review is so short but this was an excellent update as usual
Saint Snape chapter 18 . 12/22/2012
Albus Dumbledore the great manipulator. He doesn't give a damn for Severus; only what he can find out for him.

I feel so sorry for Severus every time he hears a baby crying how guilty he feels about Lily and Harry. It was so sweet how he sang to Draco and took care of him when his own father didn't care he was crying.

All this guilt. Is it any wonder the man buttoned himself up and closed his mind to emotion?
Ayla-tan chapter 18 . 12/21/2012
So sorry I didn't review the last two chapters! It was not your fault though. Both the 16th and 17th chapter were really good. As is this one.

I want to kill Dumbledore for his cold and dismissive way of dealing with Severus. It wouldn't hurt if he just showed Severus that he cares, would it? No, instead he acts callous and unfeeling. He of all people should understand what Severus must be going through, shouldn't he? He's been in the darkness, too and he's also lost someone dear to him because of it. How can he simply force Severus to endure everything all alone? It's unfair.

The scene with Draco was bitter-sweet. I really loved it, though I felt so sorry for Sev because of those memories he kept having. Narcissa... she's going to be the one persuading Lucius to make Sev Draco's godfather, isn't she? At least there is someone who cares for him somewhat.

Lucius... really, I wanted to kill him. That was his son there, crying...and he just...walked out? Asshole. Poor Narcissa and poor Draco.

Avery... I want him death. Desperately. Him and those awful Carrow Sisters (*puking*)...and, pretty much everyone bar Narcissa that is there... At least let Sev have some sort of revenge on him...the kind that'll really bother him [Avery] but doesn't end up making Severus feel bad or something like that.

I really wish I could hug Sev... *gives him an imaginary hug*

I hope you'll be able to update soon :)

Greetings and lots of love!
Iva1201 chapter 17 . 12/7/2012
Really a nice update. Poor Severus to had to return to it all - but then I firmly believe that the Malfoys belonged to his few true friends. (-:
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »