Reviews for Coroner's court
coooldog117 chapter 14 . 9/30/2013
I remember way back when i first read this fanfic. I don't think i had an account when i had first read it. But i loved this story. It was, and still is, one of the best stories i have read on this site in my opinion. Glad to have read it.
Darasu Uolt chapter 14 . 8/31/2013
This is a well planned story, keeps peoples attention and intrigued, it has great potential to be expanded on.
Aimystery chapter 14 . 7/4/2013
Re-reading this fic, I am suddenly reminded of how awesome it is and how much potential it has to go on as a series of case files. So many Yugioh characters, so much potential murder. I would read the shit out of it. I'm just craving so much more of this 'verse with the most intriguing take on these characters that I've seen. Plus I'm a bit of a mystery addict. :P Please continue it?
Yu-GAY-Oh chapter 8 . 2/17/2013
I'd say Dark Malik is a deranged young boy - nothing else on the matter (he sounds like someone who'd listen to the TIME OF DYING song)
winnie chapter 14 . 6/16/2012
yess checked back and found another chapter :D aand...ryou telling the Principal to blackmail someone?..wait..its Malik! ohhh, yeah that IS true...because..ahem :

...

Bakura snorted. "Try the legal ways, then. They'll probably work just peachy."

...

hehhee... and then i read this :

...

Ryou laughed quietly. "It's good that he's not all day out meddling in ungodly businesses… Who knows, he might even resocialize and get himself a girl or something…"

The mental images that thought triggered in both men were too bizarre not to scar.

Bakura shuddered. "God forbid."

Ryou shuddered too. "Yeah, what the hell was I thinking…"

...

muhahahahahahahaha true, true...what the hell WERE YOU THINKING? :D i guess then this is the last chapter...

:(... at least i have all your other stories to read though... :)
Why A Duck chapter 14 . 5/13/2012
I keep meaning to review, but I never get around to it! I really enjoyed this story, though, and I think you did a good job keeping the characters recognisable even though their roles were very different.

Sometimes your descriptions are a bit too sparse (in my opinion), and you tend to switch POVs without warning, which can get confusing. But even so, it's been a great read.
Hana-Liatris chapter 14 . 5/9/2012
Love you too! 3

And... OMG! You finished it! It's... so.. so... OMG! Will be waiting for the awesome shots... Granny and Nanny, hilarious.

Malik going to the next life was the best part ;)

And Kisara and Seto... what are we going to do with their loast cause? xD

*GLOMP*!

PD: You've got to love random reviews! xD
DarkShootingStarMagician chapter 14 . 5/9/2012
This was a very nice and creative story. :) I'm sad but happy its over, the epilogue was perfect

very nice on this fic, :)

DSSM
SetsunaNoroi chapter 13 . 4/16/2012
Yes indeed. A fellow DA user, fanfiction writer, and fan of Ryou and Bakura.

I agree perfectly with Ryou's character. He's stronger than most and more than most would even give him credit for, kind but still determined and willing to do what's needed to. It's why I like the fact he's really laying it down on Dark Malik, someone I don't think many would believe the character would have the guts to stand up to.

On one hand, I feel bad on Dark Malik. On the other hand, I feel he's thrown his pity party long enough and needs to man up and get over his issues. His father was a bastard yes, but that doesn't give this kid the excuse to be just as bad.
winnie chapter 13 . 3/30/2012
...wow...the sarcasm, dark humor, they all seemed to fit dark malik and bakura, muhaha malik, u better use ur 2nd chance wisely, or ryou will come with his magic to get you!..sequel?
Hana-Liatris chapter 13 . 3/17/2012
One. Of. The. Most. Beautiful. Chapters. Ever...

Mokey has finally appeared! And his role just fixs him, I can imagine Kaiba giving him a call asking for some info about a XX new cause he didn't have time to watch or read it by himself! xD

Ryou Love! He is all: "*Angst* I was stupid *Angst*"

XD

And Bakura is amazing... he DID have some heart somewhere, I also liked the part where you explain he feels like.. kinda comfortable around Ryou:

"Bakura shook his head, slowly. He had to give it to his Landlord, more and more, he didn't even feel like being sarcastic to the younger man. It was a protective shield of sorts he just didn't need to use around him any more."

And all the Love to Malik!
Glitter and Kisses chapter 2 . 3/10/2012
I'm using my phone so I can't read the story while I review or copy and paste, so I'll try to give you a decent review nonetheless. First of all, the language is fantastic, very desscriptive, but notooverly so. It's unusual, like the first paragraph here, but wonderfully done. I love how you play with the words poetically.

It

Was

Not

Normal

That really stood out to me. I read it and I was like HOT DAMN. I wish I had a classier reaction.

And the little.

Waterdrops in the shower. Perfect and brilliant.

Characterization now. Bakura. He looks like crap. Why do I find this so deliciously humorous? I do see it in him, actually, seeing how he just wears whatever unthreatening outfit Ryou has on. He's quite the pragmatist, and I liked how you pushed this. I also really like your Ryou, how unforgiving and not spineless he is. Telling Bakura he looks like crap. He's still got his formalities, I especially like how he doesn't want to force the conversation on Bakura. Typical Ryou.

Plot. Its got me hooked. I love and hate how you don't give the reader more information. Just hate because I'm like I WANNA KNOW NOW, not because its bad or anything. I'm definitely hooked. Gruesome with all the death stuff, and the food tasting like mortuary, but perfect. Its lovely to watch Bakuras internal stuggle with power, to see the situation he's in, and the whole dynamic with the AU. Fantastic, can't wait to read more.
Glitter and Kisses chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Bam! Got to the intro! Well, I can tell that the man is Bakura and the landlord is Ryou. I'm already very excited with the power dynamiic here, and you write so lovely. "He joked that he took bleach for breakfast..." I love that, its so Bakura. And he is broke. I wish I could write reviews like yours, but I'm using my phone now. Anyways I will improve on them. Boarding a plane now, will continue reading after the flight is over. :)
Lyakan chapter 13 . 3/6/2012
So that means one more chapter? :O Do update!
mari.marz chapter 13 . 3/5/2012
I was in class when I got the notification email that you updated and I just about squealed. You've kept me waiting far too long for this :P

Yay for Mokuba/Markus' grand appearance! And the Seto/Kisara dynamic was really sweet. I can actually see him berating himself for saying more than he thinks he should, or staring at her for too long haha. Very in character!

Bakura's good mood was rather...strange. I don't think we've ever seen him THAT happy. I was confused at first, then I realised that he was delighting in the fact that Seto was losing his mind and it all made sense! :P

Okay, now on to the real meat of the matter: Rishid. First off, let me say how heartbroken I am with the fact that he is dead. Rishid has always been one of my favourite characters in both the show and this tale, for the main fact that his calm and loyal demeanour have always been...well, /calming/ and reassuring. I've always viewed him as the eye of a hurricane, using his traditions and beliefs to keep himself grounded amidst all the crazy shenanigans going on around him. I really thought that you would have made him repentant for his crime and he would have disappeared to some temple in Egypt to spend the rest of his life in penance. I absolutely did not see his suicide coming, but it makes sense, given his roiling emotions in the last chapter. I really don't know what else to say. I recently lost someone to suicide, so I've been finding myself at a loss these days when it comes to explaining the matter, fictional character or not.

I adored the way that Ryou kept noticing he was becoming more and more like Bakura. I think the two of them should definitely run away to the Caribbean on vacation together; it would probably do wonders for Ryou's complexion and Bakura's disposition. I really like that even though you haven't made it explicit, their relationship has developed so much and they've become so comfortable with each other, that Bakura can dismiss Dark Malik to speak with Ryou in private and not feel uneasy doing so.

Again, Dark Malik. Hmph. I keep hoping that some lightbulb will go off in his half-shaven head and he'll say "my father's finally dead, someone else paid the price, I'm the only one left of my wretched family, maybe I should stop being a tool", but I know that will never happen. At worst I expect he'll stay with Ryou and Bakura for a while, being mothered and frowned at until he slinks away in the middle of the night, back onto the streets or something. At best, I hope he'll take the opportunity to slip away to Egypt and start a new life. He probably won't, but I can dream, can't I? And I also hope that his spectral brother will cross over into the afterlife instead of becoming a ghoul and forcing Ryou to lower his rental rates.

A pretty good chapter, although there were a few typos and grammatical errors. Excellent artwork as well! Angry Ryou is slowly becoming my thing ;)

If you need encouragement for a sequel here it is: YESSSSS PLEASE DON'T STOP THIS MAGNIFICENT TALE! EEP! SQUEAL! OTHER CUTE NOISES! CAPITALISATION! Seriously though, I'd love to see Bakura and Ryou on some wonderful beach in the Caribbean (my home :3) sipping coconut water and discussing the ins and outs of voodoo rituals. And then of course something dark happens that Ryou gets drawn into and you'd write it all as vividly and amazingly as this. I'm also looking forward to the epilogue.

I should have also chosen a different username :/ FF doesn't seem to like it when authors mention me :(