Reviews for Witnessed here in Time and Blood
elitho9 chapter 18 . 7/25
I love this story! Every time I read it I discover something new, and I am in awe at the cleverness of which you have written this plot. I remember first time reading this in 2014 and I was as confused and frustrated as Hermione to all the secrets and half-truths going on (couldn't stop reading and continued long into the night). Now, after several rereads, I can truly enjoy the brilliance of your writing and how you built the plot up, as well as the characters.

Furthermore, as well as discovering new details every time I've read it, I've always taken something new with me; or the story has given me a new meaning, importance, to take with me. The first time it was about identity, about love, about being true to oneself, about recognising myself in Hermione's journey; but also loving this ship, fleurmione. This time it was more around the aspects regarding war, loss and death, about the marginalised groups, politics and societal questions... All subjects which can reflect the reality we now live in, sadly, but also informative and helpful as it enables me to put things into a better perspective of sorts.

Again, I love this story - so thanks for writing and sharing it!
Great chapter 18 . 6/3
Still great story (second time reading)! Funny thing in the last chapter where it reads "skinny witch" for some reason I read skinny bitch. Haha.
wullywart chapter 11 . 5/1
I just discovered this fic and, therefore, probably not the first to guess, but do Xena and Gabrielle make an appearance?
LKlovesAK chapter 12 . 4/22
I gotta admit X and G flashed through my mind. Lol Xenite from way back... At 61 I can grin at the visit from the Warror Babe and her Battling Bard. Well done.
LKlovesAK chapter 9 . 4/20
Beautiful. How did you manage to invade our bedroom, my Wife's and mine. Wink. 16 years for us. Each touch , fire, each kiss a promise of more. I have to just touch her each day, I am so in love with her. That is what you made me feel in this chapter. Thank you. A woman deserves to be touched softly, to be told she is loved, desired, needed, beautiful. Things that some people do not realize. For thoes who choose men remember, they need this also. But for me I choose one of my own kind. Female to female love who you love... But love them well, as you wish to be loved. Thank you for this gift of words.
pambob343 chapter 18 . 4/4
Fantastic story! Thank you!
Gothic Rain chapter 4 . 1/12
Okay I'll have to read the rest of this story for later. Ron always manages to piss me off, you captures his character perfectly i must say. No sarcasm there. I kinda ship the Fleurmione because I really hate JKR for having those two together. But i don't really like JKR much really anymore, I just love magic and fanfiction :) Anyways, off topic. Love the story so far, can't wait to finish the chapter and move on with the story when I'm a little more "level-headed".
Mararsi chapter 18 . 12/25/2016
Fantastic story! A little angsty in the later half perhaps, but you are a gifted writer! Thank you for all the hard work.
swanqueenlove chapter 9 . 10/30/2016
This story was so beautifully written.
project.izoe chapter 9 . 10/24/2016
Oh, bugger - it seems I wasn't logged in when I left that last review
But mine is the one that says 'Charlotte Lake."
Charlotte Lake chapter 9 . 10/24/2016
Ah, parfait!

I have many things I could say about this piece, and perhaps I shall at a later point - but for now I shall leave these thoughts before I absent-mindedly lose them: your work is perhaps the only fanfiction I have ever read that can unequivocably be considered a piece of literature.

You have an easy but natural grasp of prose - your insertion of poetry adds without being intrusive, and your dialogue and characters seem real, in the narrow character-focused scope that seems reminiscent of a post-modern Virginia Woolfe, especially say, To the Lighthouse.

You remarkably engage the senses and immerse the reader, "votre cassoulette ma cherie" indeed!

Perhaps my only criticism could be that your interpretation of Ron is perhaps less charitable than my understanding of him, but even then - his circumstances are perhaps different enough over the course of the story to explain this, but even if that isn't the case it is nevertheless not out of place from Hermione's perspective, anyway.

You remark that you may consider parts of your writing pretentious; to this I say what I have oft heard and thoroughly believe "It is not pretentious if it is not a pretense."

Though come to think of it, perhaps that is a rather pretentious idea itself.
OrangeZebra1 chapter 5 . 10/5/2016
Dear J, your words have got me hooked. I am amazed by the way you construct your world. Amazing work!
Eyesred chapter 18 . 9/19/2016
wow I've just read everything and I'm in an awe.
I hope you know that I'm considering this fic as a new official book with the post-battle story that was never told. Seriously! You were so incredible with the details of battle from another angle, the grieving, the farewell, the funeral. It was so realistic and faithful to the characters and the story (as in the books too) that it felt like reading JK's work.
The way you fitted the romance into it and also the gay part within the dark times didn't leave any plot holes to the story. You are very talented in your writing. I hope you've continued with it through these years.
Guest chapter 18 . 9/11/2016
Amazing story. For a moment or two there, I even wondered if it was Jo herself that had written this. Honestly, I wish this was how the story played out, so thank you for writing by it.
csv930510 chapter 5 . 9/5/2016