Reviews for Secrets of Secrets
First Time Reader chapter 7 . 4/6/2005
NO! That can't be the end, please no! More I know it has been years, but think about it, huh? please!
First time Reader chapter 2 . 4/6/2005
Enjoying the story, but you should probably up the rating a notch. The word "F*ing" usually is at least PG-13 which I now believe is T
lstuds chapter 7 . 3/1/2005
You really should have finished this story!
SHSAlumni chapter 2 . 12/25/2004
This story is really good. The only thing I would do would be to change the tense to past.
The Die Hard chapter 6 . 7/20/2003
So, since this is the only way I can get in contact with you, and every time I review something of yours, I can't get back to it again ("only one review allowed per chapter,") please forgive if it looks like I'm wandering around loose. Anyway, we're still waiting for the next chapter of your first fanfic here! And probaby I should give you a shout-out for here, since you wrote this long before I wrote Games, even though I hadn't read this first. But you had so much fun with Chloe, and I couldn't even manage to figure out how to work her in.

(I hadn't read your Power Rangers first, either, or I would certainly have given you credit. I should put in a revision with a nod to you also. I found a wrong word, anyway, which ought to justify a revision, if the darn site would stay up three days in a row. )

I still say Pete and Chloe should bat-ball Nixon, while Lex (unnoticed) looks on. Heh.

Much appreciate the time you take to R&R, especially the effort you put into it. (GRR! on your computer! Ain't it always the way? Can't keep 'em under control, can't put a bullet through them...)

You make a good point about the "anti" Marysue, the wunderkind with Clark-level problems. In my defense, all I can say is that they're only slightly Smallville-sized from people I actually know, including relatives (most of them purely crazy). One of my former coworkers was born without arms and legs (thalidomide), and was a Nobel nominee for astrophysics. She travels to every nation that has an airport to give lectures. If I had that kind of determination... But yeah, maybe the exaggeration is a bit much. We have a hard enough time relating to Clark, and not just because of the pretty ... um.

I'll work on it. Thanks for pointing it out. But Dylana's last day is already written (weird, I've had that story for twenty years, but it took Clark to make it crystallize), and you're probably going to shake a finger over all the hyperbole.

Clark's strength (and invulnerability) as a kid is one that the comics have never agreed on. Frak on them. You'd think that it would give us a wider range, but instead it just leaves us hanging. Purely scientifically speaking, I would say that it would take a full summer to rev up his cells to the point of any even noticeable difference from human strength and resistance to damage. But he walked barefoot through the smoking trench his own spaceship left. For about half the legend, Krypton was multiple gravities of Earth, so Kal would have been tough and strong from the time he got out of the ship. Oh well. Where's the rule book?

Maybe we should take young Clark to a science fiction convention.

Much thanks again, and more power to you and your stories!

Dian
The Die Hard chapter 7 . 5/20/2003
Read your latest this morning (Seduction) and followed through on a few others of yours. Comments: good clean writing style, fair grasp of characters (I simply don't buy Pete and Chloe telling Nixon anything in "Secrets", they'd be more likely to play bat-ball with his head), and funny ideas (sheesh, did no one bother to warn Clark and Ryan that e-mail is NOT SECURE? The FBI monitors my every transmission just because I'm on the George-Bush-is-a-Dumbshit mailing list; if they had bothered with a key-word interception between Clark and Ryan...!)

In Seduction, the main problem is not the misleading beginning - I'm all for misleading - but the out-of-character beginning. "Destroying" someone is not Clark's (or Superman's) nature, despite that garbanzo bean mash from Jor-El. Sure, Clark should recognize that Lex is a danger to him and to the whole world, but not someone to be "painfully destroyed." Clark would be a little more, hm, ambivalent? Subtlety is not his strong suit, but he's not STUPID...

As for where to go in "Secrets," Pete probably thinks he'd be doing Clark a favor to make a present of some of the space rocks for him...
Chloe-lookalikey-reborn chapter 7 . 5/6/2003
Good
Remmy chapter 7 . 3/15/2003
AW Poor ikel- Clark!

He's to hott to expose! Tee Hee, Sorry had my share of suger! Anyway love your story, Hope ya post soon! -Remmy
Guest chapter 7 . 1/4/2003
UPDATE!thank you for ur time.
Guest chapter 7 . 9/3/2002
please continue that was a neat twist with nixon
Weezy chapter 1 . 8/25/2002
Outstanding effort. The imagery puts the reader in the experience of witnessing a friend doing the amazing and then attempting to process that information. Hope to see more from this promising young writer.
Morrolan chapter 7 . 5/29/2002
Great, so now they are going to tell Nixon all about Clark, what will Clark do?
LaCasta chapter 7 . 5/29/2002
Great twist, and I love Pete trying to crack his knuckles menacingly!
NoAlias chapter 7 . 5/28/2002
Oooohhh... I thought it was going to be Clark at the door... Darn it! It'll be interesting once he gets involved. Finally! An author who isn't obsessed with romance. I mean it's a good thing, but some people just take it too far...
DannyPhandom chapter 1 . 5/24/2002
(I read the whole thing, by the way- I'm on chapter 6) I LOVED IT! KEEP WRITING! That was great!