Reviews for From the Shadows
mckertis chapter 17 . 7/22
Pretty pathetic revenge, i must say.
You do realise that a Lt. Commander, or even a Commander is a lower rank than that of a Captain?
So that means Captain Jamie Harrison aka Harry Potter was in fact demoted not promoted! try and get your facts right. Idiot
Scabbers1957 chapter 17 . 6/22
Wow, that was a bloody awesome story, your sense of humor is great.
I'll add this to my story fans.

:))
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 6/14
Excellent story! I like Harry's new family, although at first I thought Julia was going to be another disappointing fangirl, salivating over Harry Potter. I'm glad you moved her out of that phase quickly.

I must say I found your portrayals of the betrayers very ... believable. Dumbledore has always been a manipulator, and Ron has always been a jealous git, so no surprise there, other than the depth of Dumbledore's evil.

Hermione was initially a surprise, as I suspected from the start that she might still be alive. For some reason, though, I thought she might be under compulsions or imprisoned by Ron in some way. I was surprised to learn the truth of her real feelings about both Harry and Ron at the time of the betrayal. Hermione makes an interesting antagonist because it doesn't take much to tweak some of the quirks of her character into truly negative flaws. Her blind allegiance to Dumbledore, her unwarranted faith in authority figures, her arrogant belief that she is always right - when carried into adulthood and exaggerated by the author, these youthful foibles can turn seriously ugly.

I was very surprised that the Weasleys accepted Draco as a husband for Ginny, given the legendary prejudice of Ron and Molly, not to mention Ron's hatred of all things Slytherin. I should have thought Lucius's role in the Chamber of Secrets debacle - which nearly cost Ginny her life - would have precluded any alliance there. I guess enough money can overcome almost any sins.

The wedding was nicely done without all of the boring planning junk that's usually attached to a HP wedding. I like your use of the twins in the wedding party, and having the ceremony performed by the priest (or vicar?) who officiated at Harry's christening was a nice touch. The scene in which Harry presents Remus with the beloved pocket watch was incredibly poignant, probably one of my favorites from the story.

Again, a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.
firedawg chapter 17 . 5/22
Great story and praiseworthy. Well done.
nanaeleanor chapter 17 . 12/11/2015
This story was a lot of fun to read. Lots of typos, misspellings etc, but good enough for me to overlook the need for a strong edit. Fight scenes were good and exciting. I loved the funny 'spectacles' Harry indulged in on the lawn at Hogwarts. It seemed right out of Bugs Bunny where he always made a chump out of Elmer Fudd. Lots of humor mixed with vengeance. His feelings for Julia could have been developed better. They seemed to suddenly be in love enough to marry. Bit of a tear jerker in the end which is always a winner for me. Thanks for writing.
Guest chapter 17 . 11/9/2015
EXCELLENT STORY! Full marks!
gaschalk chapter 17 . 11/6/2015
That was a very, very good story. I can say for sure that I enjoyed that even with tears at the end.
gaschalk
Fury074 chapter 15 . 9/14/2015
Stop using question marks in place of periods. You make Harry sound like an unsure-of-himself idiot.
Fury074 chapter 1 . 9/14/2015
'Through', not 'thru'. Spell check, please.
Jamr chapter 5 . 8/23/2015
this page was so bad I skipped most of it. your going downhill...
Jamr chapter 3 . 8/23/2015
he made a vow never to return and you got him heading back? wont he loose his magic? story was good till now.
Jamr chapter 2 . 8/23/2015
Good start
rbhatt6000 chapter 17 . 8/5/2015
good story
Hortensia chapter 17 . 6/25/2015
Lovely story, notwithstanding the need for a beta-job doing away with some persistent issues. Still, I enjoyed reading this, Harry’s revenge is served very creatively and humorously. Thank you!