Reviews for The Uncertain Future
Sincerely Victor Due
two yeaes chapter 13 . 5/26
How long till chapter 14 it's been months
When will chapter 14 be out I've been waiting for soooooooo long
Please update soon been waiting a long time for you to continue the story and post the next chapter.
The only Fact chapter 13 . 3/28
007 chapter 13 . 3/21
Wera. Their. Chapter.89 Of. Saphira. And. Eragon. And. Their. Kids. This. Is. A. Great. Story
Zelenal chapter 13 . 2/19
Wow. When I was poking around the site for ExS lemons just to see what poorly written insanity I could find, I didn't expect to find a story that I would actually greatly enjoy. This is especially saying something since I'm not too fond of the source material anymore. Eragon seemed a bout out-of-character but only in so much that he's acting the way Paolini says he acts rather than the way he actually does. I rather enjoy it so that doesn't bother me. I can't really say anything in that regard to anyone else since I only vaguely remember the first three books, though (having not read the fourth).

When I read the synopsis, I had my doubts since "Eragon becomes a dragon" is a pretty common plot in fanfics as far as I can tell. However, you surprised me by actually addressing all of the concerns everyone would have with such a transformation and all the problems that would arise from it. You even averted the usual instant mastery bit. Even with the ancestral memory and draconic instincts, Eragon's making mistakes and acting human more than a week after the transformation.

I also very much enjoyed how you pointed out that Angela's prophecy from way back in the first book could easily apply to Saphira as well. In fact, given that the first and obvious interpretation of prophecies are almost ALWAYS wrong, I'd say that Saphira is far more likely to be the woman of prophecy (even if Paolini didn't intend it). It helps that the interactions between Eragon and Saphira were my favorite parts of the books and what I largely remember.

Of course, that's not to say I don't have problems with the story. It kind of bugs me how you fairly frequently refer to Eragon and Saphira as the male and the female, respectively. You also use the phrase "Rider-turned-dragon" too frequently since you're just repeating very basic information that should be perfectly understood after a chapter or two of Eragon being a dragon. I also felt that Nasuada reacted far too calmly to the revelations. I didn't expect her to freak up but some measure of great shock was expected. The ability to send thoughtspeech through the mirror was also annoying but it's such a minor thing that just allows for narrative convenience that I don't terribly mind.

Now for one notable, if very minor, plot hole: Why didn't Eragon ask the Elves to heal his neck after he got injured? I figured that was EXACTLY the kind of thing Eragon wanted them to have the strength for which is why he offer to carry the boat with Saphira.

Also, another minor nitpick but you frequently described the boat as traveling downriver when, since it was traveling AGAINST the current, they were actually gong upriver.

I think there were a few other things that bugged me but nothing major.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed your story! It's such a shame that you haven't updated it in nearly two years but I've seen stories lay dormant for longer only to receive an update.

I look forward to the next chapter!
Look I know u said it would take a wile but come on this is one of my favorite stories and it's been sooooooooooooo long
A pleading reade chapter 13 . 1/11
Please continue this; it's such a full, lovely story that really does make me smile with Eragon and Saphira's cuteness as well as their plans to build a new Citadel for the Riders. Will you introduce new creatures like the Snow-Kull thing? The Shrrg's lesser or greater cousin? I'm really eager to see.

I'm kinda using this story as a basis for my own ExS story, but it's going quite slowly and it's not posted yet seeing as I want to get quite far ahead before posting in case I can't write.

I, and I know others feel the same, would absolutely over the moon- figuratively of course- if you could continue with this. I'm looking forward to those small things too: like Eragon and Saphira renovating their cave as well as the continued construction of the Dragonhold.

On top of that it would be really really awesome to see Saphira and Dragon-Eragon have a hatchling or two. I really hope you continue on with this story and that it's not abandoned. I'll be creating an account sometime in the near future too so I'll be able to review properly :D
flamingmonkey0 chapter 13 . 12/22/2014
once a month is a bit over due
flamingmonkey0 chapter 12 . 12/22/2014

and um I’ve read lemons before but never dragon lemons AND THIS IS SO FUCKING WEIRD!

dragonhood... women-dragonhood? man-dragonhood?
flamingmonkey0 chapter 11 . 12/22/2014
are you telling me that his dragon dick came OUT of his body?

sh-sh-sh-she! JUST MADE A DICK JOKE!

and there are my very random comments on this chapter
flamingmonkey0 chapter 10 . 12/22/2014