Reviews for The Lotus Eaters
tigerlily124 chapter 14 . 3/23
This was very good. Thank you for writing it!
VendettaPhantomhive chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
Great job, Why is the fanfiction called The Lotus Eater?
Asdf chapter 14 . 7/22/2014
This was an amazing, wonderful, spectacular story.
sami1010220 chapter 14 . 6/25/2014
That was absolutely fantastic. Great job, with the plot, the writing, the characterization, all of it.
Guest chapter 14 . 5/28/2014
I haven't found a kissing scene to be that hot in years-it was arousing even before the sex!
TheLostLogia chapter 14 . 5/8/2014
There are not enough words to describe how much I enjoyed this fic. I first read it a while ago (sorry for not reviewing then - I didn't have an account yet and I didn't really try because not everyone is open to anonymous reviews) and my mind was literally blown. I'm glad I bookmarked so I could favorite it when I (finally) got an account because the title totally slipped my mind even though the plot stuck with me. This is such an amazing idea with the concept of an invasive species on such a large scale (with whole planets instead of simply ecosystems on the same one) and your writing does it justice. Again, reading this fic was a pleasure and I couldn't put it down until I was done! Thank you for such a wonderful reading experience.
KittenCeez chapter 14 . 3/28/2014
Wow...and I mean wow! You seriously just set a new standard for 'awesome'. I hope the Powers That Be employ you to write the next Star Trek movie...

You have a tremendous gift!

KittenCeez!
xMeowx
AloiIntheSky chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
Hi !
I must say this fanfic of yours is definively awesome... I spent nights awake to read it [I do not read English so fast, this is not my mother tongue...]. I did not want it to end. I wanted it to last forever. [but the end is so... so... Spirk !]
You are so talented!
I loved of course how Jim/Spock relationship slowly develops into a deep love... At the end, it just feels it is what it was meant to be. It just fits in. Harmony. Utterly canon
I loved your planet story line. This is incredibly enticing, compelling. This is strange, mysterious, exciting. So much Star Trek. Strange animal/plant association, strange extinct animal civilisation.
This is absolutely wonderful. I am at a loss for words.

I loved your Lotus Eaters so much that I could not resist the urge to begin a series of drawings to make illustrations of your story on Deviantart. I hope you do not mind, that you are OK with such undertakings [of course I include links to your all the time]. It will be more TOS centered concerning notably Kirk and Spock's features... because it is what I know best, what I like best. Hope you don't mind. [on deviantart: this is just the beginning but as I am in a sort of art rage just now, it will go on for some time...]

Thank you for writing this story and making me feel so happy 3
Lilyth369 chapter 14 . 3/9/2014
Thanks I really love Spirk! And you write very good!

I hope, read more of you in the future,

Hugs
Falln4DarkAngel chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
I have just finished this story. Again sad that this story does not have many thousands of more reviews (I would have found it earlier if it had) but I guess I can treat this as a...pearl or something. A hidden treasure :)
I do not know what to say. I read the story on your livejournal account and got so hooked, I literally cried out "nooo" when I reached the last chapter (thank god I was alone for most of the day hahaha).
I want a sequel so much! At least to find out more about the Noxians.-if the creatures in the ships are "cattlebugs," how the Noxians communicate, and what they're trying to do. If they're trying to figure out a way to get rid of the bulbweeds, maybe Starfleet can help? I actually got bummed out when Jim got rid of Spock Prime's memories of the other Jim, partly because well...no more TOS references from Jimbo, and I thought we were going to be able to save poor Spock from the humiliation of explaining what Pon Farr is xD but then if I 500 memories of another me floating around in my head...I would have probably never have made it past the bulbweeds tbh.
I love Longclaw! She reminds me of Constance from the Redwall series if you have ever read them-no nonsense, intelligent in her own way, and of course very loyal. I love the way each character is written, and about how much attention you paid to details . I learned what a bow drill is haha. The pacing of the story was so that when they actually arrived back on the Enterprise, everything felt kind of out of place for a whole chapter.
Ahhhh I literally stayed up half the night reading and rereading and soaking everything in. My brain is completely fried with the brilliance of this story.
Yingxs chapter 14 . 7/29/2013
A wonderful ending to a great story :-)
Minici chapter 14 . 7/28/2013
This is wonderfully realistic, with things not working out for them just as often as they do. I appreciated the way you developed Longclaw's character as well, I was incredibly fond of her by the end. The world was beautifully imagined and the details interlocked so well to create the plot and the development and alksjdfldf. So that's why I liked it. I was kind of disconcerted at the end because the last chapter shifts in tone a bit, possibly because Jim suddenly isn't going out of his mind anymore, but that was the only thing that threw me about the entire wonderful piece, and it was probably intentional.
Minici chapter 14 . 7/28/2013
*stands and applauds for several hours*
SweetChi chapter 14 . 7/22/2013
This was a wonderful piece - your imagination is truly impressive. You drew me completely into the alien landscape, I was practically vibrating with tension at times. My only wish is that we'd gotten some closure involving Sigma Nox and what happened there (and maybe a couple scenes involving explosives and the bulbweed...), but I understand that sometimes there just aren't answers to be had. Thanks for the wonderful read!
Spunkykite chapter 14 . 7/15/2013
Thank you thank you thank you for this well balanced fic. I started reading and I couldn't stop. I agree with other reviewers... only 80 something reviews? Clearly people don't know what they're missing. READ IT! You won't regret it!