Reviews for I Don't Want to Go
Kailey Hamilton chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
I'm not a huge NextGen fan for many reasons, and the main one is that it's too hard to understand everyone's headcanon. It's always the things I ask myself... Why do they choose the pairings they do? Here, why is Percy Weasley's daughter compatible with Luna Lovegood's son? Also, according to JKR, Lorcan and Lysander were born later than Harry's children, so I doubt he'd be anywhere near Lucy's age as well (unless she's also born later in time.) It's just hard for me to imagine these two together.

Other than that, I thought it was nice. It was a cute moment between a couple and I think the dynamics between them were well-written. You get a glimpse on both of their personalities. I loved how Lysander called her little Lucy even though she's older than him. That was cute.

Audrey in the end made me laugh, too. I love how you gave insight on both her and Percy as well - Percy was probably the most overprotective dad ever and it's not hard to imagine Lucy hating him for it.
yay chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
I really liked this one too.
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Thanks for entering my competition (and with such a lovely entry :). Firstly, I thought you used the song lyrics beautifully. The way Lysander told Lucy that she'd be in his dreams tonight seemed very in-character for him, even though there's not much to go on. What I mean, is that is seems suitably sensitive, especially since it's coming from the son of Luna Lovegood, who is probably the most intuitive character in the entire series of books. I also like that Lucy spouted some Plato back, at him. Whatta smart girl :)

This also seemed to be all clear on the spelling and grammar front - excellent!

I liked both of these scenes, but the second one with Audrey had to take the cake. Everyone characterizes her differently, but I really love the way she compares Lucy's sneakiness to Uncle Ron and the way she just finds the whole thing hilarious.

Like I said before, your characters are very believable. They interact in such a pretty way- they're in love, but they're teasing each other and it's very adorable :) I also loved Lucy's reaction to her mother "dropping her mug into the sink".

Anyway, I loved it! You really captured a small moment in the lives of Lucy and Lysander very well, and I certainly didn't feel like anything was missing. Their dialogue was fresh and witty, and you used the lyrics wonderfully.

Look for the results on the mini-comp page soon :) And thanks again for your lovely entry :D
missus brokkenbroll chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
This was sweet. I love the idea of Lucy and Lysander, if just for the alliteration. Their chemistry in this story was really tangible, without being overpowering. And the dialogue was fantastic. Usually in fic like these the "banter" seems a little forced, and highly contrived, but not with yours.

I didn't spot any real grammatical or spelling mistakes, which I am always thankful for. This was an enjoyable fic. It showed a fragment of the Lucy and Lysander's relationship, and the only criticism I really had was a vague sense of disappointment. Stories are better, to me, when I learn something about the characters, when it reveals something to me... When we learn about people through the prism of their relationships, through the situations they were in and I don't think I got enough of that in this story. I finished it and obviously I enjoyed it but it left me wondering what was the point? It was a fun piece of fluff, though. Thanks for writing.
Helena chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
Lucy/Lysander 3
hiphophottie chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
Lovely amazing sweet funny cute adorable great job!