Reviews for Australia
Debbie chapter 45 . 12/8
I’ve absolutely loved reading this story- thank you !
Amazing. To echo what many others said, the realism is fantastic and true to characters. This is not necessarily Ron and Hermione as we always want them to be in fanfics (we all sometimes love the ones where they are just perfect all of a sudden), but it is Ron and Hermione as they are - imperfect, flawed, and broken after their experiences. And damn, Hugo was amazing.
FlyersGirl1 chapter 45 . 10/8
What an absolutely beautiful story. You have captured these characters with such grace and realism. You are a great writer and I hope you are still doing it. One can imagine that this epilogue is why they are able to stand on that platform 19 years later. Love this, and thank you!
Paige chapter 41 . 9/30
Hi! I don't know if you still read these reviews, since it's been so long since you've updated this story. But I wanted to make sure I wrote something!

The way you've written the characters is so spot on. They the same characters I know and love from the books, but they're dealing with situations and emotions that are new. You've written the progression of their physical relationship so beautifully. It's imperfect, complex, in character, and heavily intertwined with their life experience. Of course Hermione's trauma and Ron's grief would come to the surface as their physical relationship progressed, and the way it forces them to come to terms with what they've experienced is so powerful. Then there's the emotional growth that is necessary for them to physically progress and face their trauma. It's well-paced, convincing, and had made me cry many times. The whole one step forward, two steps back pacing of their relationship is a perfect parallel to their growth and grief in the aftermath of a war. Frustratingly slow at times, thorough, but realistic and necessary.

Thank you for making their first time imperfect. There is NO reason it would be perfect between two teenage virgins who have just had their lives shattered. It made me trust you so much more as an author.

Hugo is an amazing character. That is all.

I also love the details you've added to create such a colorful story. There's so much. I love learning more about the Weasleys, especially charlie at the beginning. The hints at different magical cultures as they traveled through Europe and Asia were so intriguing to me. Underwater apparition? Awesome. Was that in the book? I don't care, it was cool. The interactions with Krum offered closure to Krum and Ron's tension. The way Hermione's brain almost stopped working and we would lose our clear thinking, logical Hermione made her torture that much more heartbreaking and realistic.

I literally cannot say enough good things, or this will be too long. You're talented, and I'm so thankful you wrote this!
Merlins Ancestor chapter 7 . 9/26
i am very impressed with your writing but i have to say you dragged the awkwardness of them not snogging way too much, but other than that very impressive.
oguh chapter 45 . 9/14
wow just finished and i don't know if anyone reads this in 2019 but its amazing. I really hoped it wouldn't end, the fanfic i mean, but as the saying goes; not all good things last forever...or wait

it was there can be good without evil... no that's not it

Too much good stuff is bad for you- Karate Kid, The Movie

weird way to end "Karate Kid"

Lmaaoooo

Have a Good day.
Amazing. I raised my eyebrows at some parts ngl but overall a solid, realistic and bloody brilliant fan fiction that I dare say should've been in the running to be canonical compared to the literary shambles known as CC. I'll be rereading and recommending
HUGO! I absolutely love this.
HUGO
HUGO
RON AND HERMIONES SON IS HUGO
I LOVE THIS
THIS IS CANNON
OMG THIS IS SO BRILLIANT
Hi,
Reading your story was a beautiful experience. I had often wondered how Ron and Hermione navigated their budding relationship after the war, how Ron coped with Fred's death etc. Your story was a beautiful closure that I didn't know I needed. Loved your portrayal of Ron, Hermione and their relationship
ravelocks chapter 45 . 6/11
I found this novel at a time when I was trying to deal with some complexities in my own life. This is a beautiful, beautiful story. Your Ron and Hermione are so real, so true to their canon behaviors.

I really enjoyed the humor - all the teasing (so much teasing! The Weasleys! Harry! Hugo!) and all the witty one liners. Your characters kept their senses of humor when they could, and that added a rich complexity to what they were going through. Best joke: "Autographs will be tomorrow at noon" when the trio come into the great hall.

Seriously, this was a really powerful story. Thank you for the years of labor you invested in it.
mcepl chapter 32 . 6/11
Another fanfiction (The Wheel Is Come Full Circle by White_Squirrel) mentioned the magical phrase: directory of Australian Dental Association. They could find her parents pretty fast.
LissaDream chapter 45 . 5/9
This was a beautiful journey. Thank you for sharing!
snowblind12 chapter 45 . 5/4
Beautiful story! Wow. I’m at a loss for words. Thank you for writing this.
Cat chapter 5 . 5/3
This is seriously so amazing. I'm so hooked by this story. It's just like if JK wrote it herself! Can't wait to read more !
2,507 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »