Reviews for Australia
cheese12345 chapter 37 . 11/25
omg love this story so much! I got so excited at seeing the name Hugo! So awesome seeing this tie to canon! Your story already feels like canon but this makes it even more perfect!
K.A from Turkey chapter 45 . 11/12
I don’t even know if this will ever reach the author, thank you. As a guy who got his first Harry Potter book 20 years ago and started longing for the day he’ll read Ron and Hermione becoming a couple, this was amazing. It reminded me all the songs that make me picture the Ron/Hermione lines from the books, reminded me all the times I argued with “movie fans” over why they’re best couple of this incredible fiction, that there are thousand Reasonable they don’t know of why they are adorable. This story had all those reasons.

Once again, thank you.
Thesosp chapter 26 . 8/22
God this is a dysfunctional relationship. I've seen early stage Dramione less aggressively troubling than this. Which isn't to say anyone is out of character or that it's not well written. Just a sad consideration that the cannon couple I was so used to actually had very worrying signs of jealousy and lack of communication that have been written off for too long.
MuricanGamer chapter 42 . 8/10
Man…I need to take notes from Hugo.
Mary chapter 1 . 7/1
I remember starting the first chapter and stopping it for a strange reason. Now here I am starting it from the beginning.
callistat1 chapter 11 . 5/31
I know Ron is a very stubborn character, but I'm having an extremely hard time with this chapter and chapters moving forward that makes Ron feel almost like he is a child throwing tantrums, yelling out bursts of anger to Hermoine, never apologizing, and Hermoine just allows it to happen and doesn't challenge him. It's not like either of these characters.
Simply amazing. The best post war fix I've read.
They should have just taken a plane to Australia and only told the Weasley's where they were going! It's too much trouble to travel from portkey to portkey for days and have multiple wizards in the ministry know. Darling only knew they were going to Paris before she opened her mouth. Really stupid and OOC for her not to be suspicious! Why would they even trouble the ministry this much? Shouldn't the ministry be too busy fixing the mess the Death Eaters made of the whole government, tracking them down, and focus on finding lost and incarcerated muggle borns? But instead they're using their resources to fix portkeys all over Europe
That is not headcannon, its *actual* cannon that a lot of Slytherins returned with Slughorn to fight in the battle alongside the DA and the Order. It's clearly stated in DH. And JK has been vocal about Slytherins not all being evil, that's why we have Snape, Slughorn, Regulus Black, and Andromeda Tonks. Draco and Narcissa weren't evil either..
It's funny you should say that but then you have Slytherins fighting alongside Death Eaters, which never happened in the book because they were escorted home before the battle. Only Draco came back with Crabbe and Goyle and that was just to get his wand from Harry. He didn't fight! Blaise Sabini scoffed at Draco being a Death Eater, I don't think he'd have the motivation to join them in a battle. Most Slytherins are about self-preservation and only the pureblood fanatics joined Voldemort.
Elphias Dodge gave the speech at Dumbledore's funeral because he was his oldest friend.
Also, when Fred died Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Percy were right there and knocked off their feet too! Fred must've just been closest to the wall when it blew apart. He wasn't not paying attention, he had just been dueling right alongside of Percy. There was no way to prevent him dying because there was no way to predict the hallway would explode
I just can't picture Ron refusing to go to the funeral and acting out like this. He was there when Fred died and already seen his body laid out in the Great Hall. He was there for his family then, he didn't hide or walk away. I think he'd be more supportive and involved, especially with George. Ron isn't afraid to step up and take leadership when he needs to - like when Harry became despondent over the Hallows, it was Ron who became encouraging and moved things forward. He really grew up during DH.
Everyone did find out about the Horcruxes because Rita Skeeter mentioned them in her article for 2014 Quidditch World Cup. A lot of people were listening to Harry's conversation with Voldemort, there'd be no way to backtrack on everything he said. I think it'd be better to tell the truth and that it would actually discourage copycats from making horcruxes to know how fragile Voldemort body and soul became. Everyone would want to know what Harry was doing, what took him so long.. Dirk Creswell said people thought he ran.
That's so cute about Hermione's eyes lingering on Ron more than Harry in their old photograph! That's cannon to me now! I always thought those two were closer even back then, because they had spent so much more time alone together than Harry spent with Hermione when you think about it, like during summer vacation and when Harry's off doing Quidditch or plot things.

Also great point about Hermione's parents by Mrs. Weasley. It does seem kind of extreme that she changed their memory when you think about it like that. The Dursleys were hidden by the Order and they were the most at risk! Hermione's parents could have left for Australia without memory modifications. How would their memories have made a difference to the Death Eaters finding them? It only meant they wouldn't know to grieve her like Molly said. They probably would rather live in fear for their daughter than never knowing about her at all.
Wouldn’t the dorms of all the 5 -1st years be empty? And the could conjured up sleeping bags or cots like they did in POA in the great hall. Also I think Lavender is definitely dead canon wise but imagine how hard it will be for her now! With Umbridge gone I guess Kingsley can change the laws that she put in place against half breeds etc
it seems like fanfic writers always forget (or ignore?) the fact that harry already has his own house.. Grimmauld Place. in DH he described it as being pleasant after Kreacher actually began to clean it up. I imagine he'd live there for awhile after first becoming an auror since its close to the ministry. (but he probably moved out after marrying ginny and starting a family because it sounded like their current home didnt have a spare bedroom for teddy and grimmauld place had enough bedroom for sirius, remus, harry, hermione, and all the weasleys to stay during ootp) maybe ron even lived there too since he worked at the ministry for two years and then diagon alley with george. yaxley possibly did find the house but beyond a search of it i cant imagine the death eater bothered with it
2,556 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »