Reviews for The Keepsake
edaddict3254 chapter 8 . 2/19/2012
gah! i didn't think i would make it through this one!

poor, sweet edward! i just find it hard to believe that not one cullen could have predicted that this would happen. keeping a secret of any kind is bad enough, but one of this magnitude really is unconscionable, regardless of their intentions. i realize it's easy to sit on this side and judge what one would or would not do, but did they really think he'd take this news with a smile on his face?

i'm thrilled beyond words that you have us chapter nine at the same time, at least now i'll still have enough hair to pull back in a ponytail!

thanks for the update and for writing!
rita263 chapter 9 . 2/19/2012
This story is fantastic *sigh*
2loveybunnies chapter 9 . 2/18/2012
All I can say is PHEW! And thank God! I was kind of afraid that maybe Edward had decided that he was so mad he didn't want anything to do with Bella.

I am assuming that because he said he understands that he hasn't really remembered anything from the past, but is ready to embrace the new feelings that he has developed for Bella? Either way, I just want them to be together again!

Can't wait for more! Bring it on!
2loveybunnies chapter 8 . 2/18/2012
That was pure agony! I had really hoped that maybe something would spark for Edward and he might remember something about Bella. I had hoped that the love he felt for her might come through, even if he couldn't remember the details.

I know you have a plan for this story, but I don't know it that included these two ending up together again? At this point it doesn't seem like things will ever work out and I feel so bad for Bella because she is going to have to deal with everything all over again.

It's just as bad for Edward because he can't remember anything and he must be so frustrated and feeling betrayed by his family. I worry that he might take off on them again...

This was a hard chapter to read and made my tummy hurt for both of them. You are such an amazing storyteller...I love it even if it hurts!
VampLuvah chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
I mean I KNEW he wouldn't remember her but to read it and know her reaction... man it's just brutal!
my1edward chapter 9 . 2/18/2012
I thought you did a really good job of portraying Edward's devastation and feelings of hurt, loss and betrayal in this chapter. But I was so relieved at the end when he returned and told Bella that he understood and he loves her.

I was glad to hear this, even though they were apart at he time-

"She said she loved him.

Two hours ago he would have swept her into his arms and shouted his joy for the world to hear.

He would have told her he loved her too."

I can feel his shock and hurt so strongly here-

"He wasn't the man he'd thought he was.

Nothing was what he thought it was.

His whole world view had changed.

Everything had changed."

And this was so sad, the sense of loss-"The future he'd hoped for was already part of his past."

I'm still looking forward to an explanation re: the bookmark.
my1edward chapter 8 . 2/18/2012
Let me just say, thank you for posting both of these chapters. I was reading this one in such a state of suspense, not knowing what Edward might do, and the end is quite devastating.

I was really surprised at his first thought, that Bella wanted to become a vampire and was using him to do it. Given that he doesn't know that any human has ever known what he is, and his former revulsion for what he is and refusal to turn Bella, I did not expect his thoughts to go where they did.

Edward's anger at having been lied to is deliciously ironic. But his hurt here is so sad-"I thought..." he whispers as he lifts his eyes. "I thought you...we...I thought maybe..." He shakes his head and my tears become sobs at his devastation. "But you've been lying to me all along..." His voice breaks. He closes his eyes and drags his hands through his hair again."

I liked when Bella let go and told Edward how he had lied to her, and this thought is very understandable-"I'm still yelling, I'm on an angry roll but I'm not sure now if I'm angry with Edward, or myself, or his family for choosing to keep him in the dark. I don't know if this is about now in Portland, or two years ago in Forks." I was glad she was totally honest with him and said this, "Because I love you. I never stopped. I never will. And I was hoping we'd have another chance."
citychick chapter 9 . 2/17/2012
Great! I love it when you surprise me. I had predicted the story would take another direction. But as always your story telling skills are better than mine.

Sent from my iPhone via Pocket Fiction
Alexis Winn chapter 9 . 2/17/2012
It's funny that, in some ways, this is just as fast a resolution as in the books, but I find much more emotional satisfaction out of this resolution. Likely, this is because Edward comes to his senses on his own. And Bella continues living live instead of slipping into catatonia. I mean, I still have this burning desire for them to talk more, but really, I'm quite happy with the fact that you've resolved much angst in so short a period.

How very lovely. I can't wait for the denouement!
georgiaedwardlover chapter 9 . 2/17/2012
The separation was brief, yet meaningful... Not an angst-ridden sobfest. Appreciate the sweet reunion!

georgiaedwardlover chapter 6 . 2/17/2012
I am eating this up! I love your Edward.

georgiaedwardlover chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
I saw Cared's rec of your story today on Rob Attack. Isn't she just great. She's been our one-person PR department for the story I write with ilovealion as georgialion. Loving your story. It is quite unique. Can't wait to see where you take it.
sleepwalker1 chapter 9 . 2/17/2012
Sooooo Beautiful!
BlueDiamondRing chapter 9 . 2/17/2012
So glad he came back, whew. I hope he keeps some of the changes that he has shown. Look forward to the next chapter.
SleepMyBella chapter 9 . 2/17/2012
Gah! That was so amazing! What a beautiful ending to a phenomenal chapter. I am sure the smile on my face will last for hours.

Thank you so much!