Reviews for The Hiten Mitsurugi Kid
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
*whistles* Fusion crossover with The Karate Kid, of all things. And Hiten Mitsurugi is not only an anachronism at this point, it's still absolutely deadly.
matchynishi chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
SCREAMS how is this so perfect alsdkjfdkadsfalkj i'm so much in love with the way you write. T_T I feel like a stalker. I'M REALLY SORRY for spamming your inbox, it's just, you know, amazing fic brings out the crazy in me.
amie689 chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
So wonderful to read your writing again, and wonderful to read Kenshin, Yahiko and Kaoru in character...its like meeting old friends after a long separation..
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
LOVED THIS!

i love a serious unmasked kenshin - he is so amazing when he takes the rurouni mask off. i guess yahiko is going to learn to really defend himself from the bullies now.
J Luc Pitard chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
Love the idea that Kenshin would let the "rurouni" act take out most of the bullies. Playing the fool to avoid actually hurting them. Now, Yahiko can learn how _not_ to kill, by learning the art of killing!
angel-tears-16 chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Love it! Of course, it's classic so we all know what happens next, but I would love to get a peak at how YOUR Kenshin would teach kendo. I think that'd be fascinating. I was just thinking the other day, that there just aren't any more good Rouroni Kenshin fics out there.
Pia Bartolini chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
That's a cute little AU! Plot, without needing to be too deep to make sense in the shorter format. Good job!
sueb262 chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
SO good to see an RK story from you! Your grasp of these characters is so sure and specific that when I read something from you it's like I'm reading the manga again or watching the anime-they are right there, alive and breathing again! (and I do miss them so)

I loved "Once, I called it hope for a better tomorrow." A phrase heavy with history and memory, loss and discovery. Makes my heart ache for him, in so many ways.

And "It said a lot about Kenshin that his red hair was the least strange thing about him" actually made me laugh out loud, as did the oh-so-characteristics "fight" with the bullies! Pitch-perfect!

But, of course, the best part is the shift in his character when he begins Yahiko's lesson-so subtle, but so unmistakable, and very Japanese.

As always from you, beautiful work, and a deliciously satisfying read-thanks!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
It's absolutely delightful to have a new RK story from you even if it is short. I love Yahiko's double-take as Kenshin reveals he is clearly more than meets the eye and not the meek servant he may appear. Interesting that you have Kenshin take this on with a fundamental truth that he himself is trying to repudiate.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
You're really going to just end it there? You have the makings of a very interesting modern AU story, which is quite the rarity. Please consider continuing the story, showing Kenshin teaching Yahiko martial arts, Kenshin and Kaoru growing closer and closer and Yahiko growing as a swordsman. You have too many golden opportunities to tell a great story to just leave this a one shot.