Reviews for The Gift
blauhoernchen55 chapter 2 . 4/7/2013
Thanks for writing this story. I always missed it that Tom wasn't with B'Elanna in the sick bay after the rescue or them ever talking about the things they shared while they were captured. You could their thoughts and feelings realy good.
Lliaaame chapter 2 . 10/23/2012
Wow. Simply wow. The line right at the end really got me, "You are my gift." I almost cried, I think you really got what was happening in their lives, and you were really able to tell the reader what it was. Well done!
BonesBird chapter 2 . 2/13/2012
Awwwwwwww this was amazing! So awesome!
one.twilight.sun chapter 2 . 12/21/2011
Beautiful. The sweetness of the whole story spoke so clearly to me. I admire the way you used "Faces" to mark the absolute turning point in B'Elanna's and Tom's feelings for each other. Having lived through such an experience and had someone there for you such as T was for B, how can it not change a person? I think you've definitely addressed it here. The details and imagery throughout the story was very well done and I felt like I was watching the whole thing.
Faye chapter 2 . 11/24/2011
Thanks for updating before the memory of chapter 1 completely washed awaay from my system. That was really good, well wrote.
chezchuckles chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
hey, now. this is super interesting, right from the start. helps that I saw this ep recently, right? but you pulled me right in with the opening line: The woman who was no B'Elanna Torees. . .

this line: Alive, but compromised.

excellent. love that whole sequence but that one stood out.

also love her resistance to changing back, the fear that she couldn't fight 'her' that she wasn't strong enough. that was impressive.

lovely symbolism, and while it's not exactly subtle, it really couldn't be here: it seemed that the accompanying hiss released more than cellular re-sequencing enzyme into her veins.

oooh, love the word choice here, it makes it so precise and clearcut and acidic! : The plea proved too much, and she coughed until her throat felt rimed with acid.

excellent image: A circle moving within a square.

ahh, that was sweet. I love the jump in time in the next chapter, where we don't get complicated by the how do they, where do they kind of stuff. we just get the promise of the future. great job!
Nny11 chapter 2 . 11/22/2011
This is a really nice look into what caused the spark for Tom and B'Elanna, very sweet.
Tomutionmyha chapter 2 . 11/22/2011
This was a sweet story showing the simple complexity that is Tom and B'Elanna. Thanks for sharing it!
Alpha Flyer chapter 2 . 11/21/2011
Thank you for this lovely gift of a story - beautifully written, as always, with a keen sense of the characters, their development and growth, and the cadence of their voices. Oh, and I'm still blushing over the end note ... ;-)
Hummingbird2 chapter 2 . 11/21/2011
Breathtaking, thank you.
lizzy74656 chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
Look forward to chapter two. Well I hope there is a chapter two!
Faye chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
This is a good story. Please write another chapter!
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
Oh, wow! That was fantastic, and I'm looking forward to more.