Reviews for History is a pack of lies agreed upon
The1WriterFormerlyKnownAs chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Wow.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
As a survivor of (familial) Sexual abuse I find it hard to read this account and not feel like you have over rationalised Bartlett's reasons. It is always hard to explain why, sometimes there just isn't an explanation further than preference or availability. I don't quite see your reasons for writing such a provocative piece, yes your warning at the beginning is clear and sets the reader up for a non-fluffy read but I find myself questioning your motives. Your approach was interesting but I felt almost as though you had an idea to try and push the boundaries (which is what art is all about) and ran with it before trying to walk. Reading and writing is subjective and what you meant isn't always what IS read... I think trying to tackle this subject matter will always be a hot-potato, not sure I would attempt it and I have had first hand experience. I commend you for your attempt.
Abuse Victim chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
Are you seriously trying to explain an paedophiles state of mind here? This doesn't indicate whether you're vilifying Bartlett or trying to absolve him - but it reads like the latter.

Sookie, as a victim of child sexual abuse, is an identifyable character for many many people. Bartlett, the abuser, isn't and never will be.

The only reason for this story to be written is to try and give insight into a man no-one needs or wants insight into. He's an abuser, a sick man who touches little girls - thats all anyone needs to know about him. They don't need to know his reasons for doing something so sick and twisted and writing about it makes it look like you're trying to excuse his behaviour.

If you've written this for some other reason - maybe you should explain it in an authors note because, as it stands, this is a serious piece of trigger material.
Suki59 chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Thank you for writing a story for the Weekly One-Shot Challenge! This is very dark, and I'd suggest a warning in the summary mentioning disturbing content. It's not for everyone, as I'm sure you're aware.
Menoma-Minx chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Fair warning:you don't have to be a monster to be a monster in a horror story.

Please include your local appropriate phone numbers for victims in the review section at the ...plus wherever else this story ends up.

I only know R.A.I.N's

1.800.

"National Sexual Assault Hotline

Among its programs, RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1.800. . This nationwide partnership of more than 1,100 local rape treatment hotlines provides victims of sexual assault with free, confidential services around the clock. The hotline helped 137,039 sexual assault victims in 2005 and has helped more than 1.5 million since it began in 1994."

It's USA only I think though...

So even if not reviewing the story,please post the contact info for those in need to give resources to help others.

Thank you.