Reviews for I'll Try Not to Sing Out of Key
blueashke chapter 4 . 12/10/2011
Seriously profound statements by Britt at the end, I love it.
Midj.59 chapter 3 . 12/8/2011
Cool story. Mike is so sweet.
boredsenseless2 chapter 3 . 12/6/2011
Great chapter. I really enjoy how you depicted the Britt-Mike friendship and Britt's perspective on her relationship with Santana. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Literaryluminations chapter 3 . 12/4/2011
This story is amazing. Poor Brittany. :( I love your characterization for Mike.
Dani2606 chapter 3 . 12/4/2011
Oh my, this might actually be the first time I've really come to understand how hard the whole Santana thing must've been for Brittany ... you're awesome, this chapter was sad but heartwarming and I can't wait for more!
venus30 chapter 3 . 12/3/2011
I pretty sure I've never felf that much angst for a gift wrap before.

That was so heart breaking, and at the time it make me feel better to know that she didn't have the choice in the color and that she really cared for Santana.

But wow, so many feelings...
blueashke chapter 3 . 12/3/2011
You're absolutely killing me. I'd completely forgotten about the present thing until she said it had to be green. Awesome correlation.
themostrandomfandom chapter 3 . 12/3/2011
This is the kind of thing I wish we'd gotten to see on the show-Brittany's pain, Brittany's side of this. Reading this in conjunction with its sister chapter in "And I'm Calling on You to be My Lifeline" is just about the most heartbreaking but beautiful thing. Wow. Excellent, excellent chapter.
boredsenseless2 chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
Great chapter. Really enjoy your compelling protrayals of Brittany and Mike. Do post the next chapter soon.
after8icecream chapter 2 . 11/27/2011
I'm loving this fic :)
Dani2606 chapter 2 . 11/27/2011
Oh my, Brittany is sad ... that's like, against nature or something ;). Can't wait for more!
myangryteddybear chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
Aw, see, I knew that Artie was the one to talk to Britt in the episode, but I still didn't like it. And I can see that Mike would think that Artie was just as good a choice as Santana to cheer her up.

I like how we got some more background on the Mike/Britt friendship and how it's a quietly supportive friendship where they don't hang out or spend a lot of time together outside of Glee and classes and the occasional dance class. But they still know that the other will be there for them if and when they need them anyway.

It was also nice to see Mike's view of Britt and get to see another perspective as to why Britt is the way she is. I like that we get a chance to see a more introspective Britt and see her walls come down a little. The show never openly addesses that Britt has her insecurities, but they still sometimes show through. I liked that you went into that and the reasons why she's insecure and plays into the way she presents herself to others. And it was kinda funny that you'd brought up how she avoids conflict as much as she does b/c I was literally just talking w/ someone about Britt's conflict-phobia a couple of days ago.

It's good that B's starting to open up about what's going on even if it's just a little bit. I can't help but wonder if she won't directly talk about it b/c she's still struggling w/ her feelings or b/c she wants to protect San's secret. And I wonder if her anxiety about Sectionals is due to the same kind of insecurity from before her competition(how well did she do in that, btw?) or b/c she wants it to be perfect b/c she doesn't wantto let ND down- Santana, especially(since it's to San's solo song).

Again, no complaints from me. I love this and I can't wait to see howit's going to develop next.

I can't wait :D
Literaryluminations chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
I LOVE this story! I love how you have Mike touch on Brittany's confidence issues, and how attuned his is to Brittana... all of this, basically. Wonderful job! :)
johannasmason chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
Oh I loved this chapter :)
myangryteddybear chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
First off, I could kick myself for not finding this sooner!

Also, awesome start to the companion piece. I love how you write Brittany. She is very much in her own head a lot and she has all of these feelings but doesn't seem to know really what to do w/ them at times. And the way you have her describe things so comes across as being how I would imagine her to do so.

I love your characterizations and how we can feel that Britt feels maybe just a little guilty even though she knows that she pushed Santana away for the right reasons. You can tell she's really struggling w/ her feelings and is conflicted about her relationships w/ both Santana and Artie.

Tina and Mike are always so cute and they're totally the most stable couple on the show as far as not having a lot of relationship drama. They are very quiet in the background, but also very sweet and you can tell how much they care about each other and support each other. You write them as being so cure together.

I like the idea of a Britt/Mike(Bike? Mitt?) friendship. Mike is someone you can tell is loyal to her friends, as does Britt. They have the obvious dancing thing in common, but there also seems to be a quiet strength in them that we only catch glimpses of at times on the show. Like Mike standing up to his father or Britt putting her foot down w/ San to make her come to terms w/ her feelings. But they're both unconditionally supportive and kind- neither would ever do anything to intentionally hurt another person. They're empathetic in that, when they're friends and loved ones are hurting, they're hurting too. So I think it's only natural that they should gravitate toward one another to become friends.

I think Mike definitely has the patience and understanding to be able to help Britt and get her to open up. The only other person to display those same qualities- as well as a willingness to even listen in the first place- is Santana.

What I love about Lifeline is that it's one of those "slow burn" stories that gradually get more intense and gripping as you get further into it. I sense this is going to be the same way as we get deeper into the characters and their own conflicts. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us this time around. :D
67 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »