Reviews for An RAF Pilot's View
lixiaofossil chapter 1 . 6/23
Independence Day really should have a spin-off to demonstrate how nations worldwide fighting back bravely. In novelization, it is said last alien dreadnought is shoot down over Xi'an by Chinese PLA Air Force.

And my gratitude to Royal Air Force of United Kingdom, for fighting against evil and defending the free world!
Inferius1957 chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
Nice to get the perspective of another natons warriors.
Hawki chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
This...well, let's just say I have a no. of points of contention.

-It's practically a copy-paste of the initial attack on the mothership in the movie, the one where the USAF gets slaughtered. Replace Los Angeles with London, replace the USAF with the RAF, replace Will Smith with Kieran and...well, go figure.

-The feeling of deja vu isn't helped by the word from the US front that the attack has also been unsuccessful. From a logical standpoint it's iffy that contact would be transferred so quickly, and from a movie standpoint, isn't the idea that the world only makes a joint attack at the very end, and that prior to that, each country was doing its own thing (and failing)? Could be wrong, but while I can get behind the idea of showing what other countries were doing prior to the July 4 attack, it just feels stymied by the link.

-Ending falls into telling rather than showing, with a lot of events being summarized quickly. Feels a bit happy-go-lucky too IMO. I know, the lack of happy-go-luckiness was present in the film too on July 3, but as for points of contrast, I'm not sure if that one needed to exist.

Oh well. Subjective I know. Like the concept, but the execution...well, see above.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
awesome
Eagle2 chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Cool little story! I'm glad people are still writing ID4 fiction.
admljmc8492 chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
It always made me wonder how the other countries did against the attack even though it's a given that the first assault against those mother**#&ers were drasically unsuccesful. OH well, thanks for posting this up. Keep it up.