Reviews for Never So Far Away
GrrraceUnderfire chapter 1 . 1/10/2020
I was looking for a supernatural story to read for the winter reviewathon and found this. It is a beautiful love story, and the most surprising and original part to me was when you filled in Tiger's background, and Hogan realized he just didn't have any idea. That was very affecting because it made me realize that people can become very intimate in some ways when life throws them together, but that doesn't mean they really know each other. I was waiting for werewolves or vampires or something because of the supernatural label, but you made it magical without all the gothic details by showing that it was really so deep in thought that even he couldn't tell what was real or not. I really loved this!
emeraldarrows chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Beautifully written.:)
konarciq chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Not usually a great fan of Hogan/Tiger stories, but you've got a reputation or you haven't, so I decided to check it out anyway.

And what made this story really stand out (though I would hardly call it supernatural) was the realization in the end that it wasn't real after all - just Hogan's own imagination running off with him! That was a really nice and totally unexpected twist!
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
A beautiful, tender scene for a final goodbye. You've down a wonderful job flushing out Hogan's feelings toward Tiger and flushing out her character. I found her to be very 2D at times in the series, but here, I can really identify with her for the first time. You've really said a lot in a few words, which is quite an accomplishment. Wonderful job.
Abracadebra chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
What a beautiful vignette. And how like you to avoid a pat, predictable ending. I love this.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
I confess I've never been a fan of Tiger and her relationship with Hogan. But this story was lovely, wistful and haunting...I could well imagine that it reflects Hogan's deepest feelings after he had said goodbye to Tiger after the events in this episode.

Lovely, too, was the background you gave Tiger, and the supreme sacrifice she made to join the Resistance. Her reminiscence of her only concert with the orchestra made her a much more sympathetic character, to my mind.

And what a lovely concept, that in spirit we can never be far away from the ones we love.
Jennaya chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
That is wonderful and believable. Brilliantly done.
ColHogan chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Beautifully told and written story.