Reviews for Into the Woods
Axcel chapter 1 . 8/16
Awesome. 'Nuff said.
Missy Mist chapter 9 . 7/31
Fucking hell. I spent a whole 24 hours on this story, I shit you not. It was THAT good, yo. I would like sacrifice chocolate and stuffed animals and worship you every day for a sequel. I know it's been a few years, but I still had to send out my deep appreciation for this story. From reading the summary, I instantly fell in love with the idea for this story. Bravo, and while I'm at it, why not a standing ovation? Absolutely wonderful.
SayMrrp chapter 9 . 7/27
Thank you for this awesome story. Very well written, and I loved it! Thanks!

Love the idea for the Sheikah, and all that detail in the universe!
GameDestroyer157 chapter 9 . 7/19
I really can't wait for the sequel "into the fire" and I am shocked and also impressed with the decision you made to rewrite "into the fire" to be more realistic to what has been going on in your life. Also I haven't seen you on your personal blog in two years. I know what has happened to your family is rough and you are mostly likely still shaken up by every thing that has happened, but please update on how you are holding up, because I am very concerned on your well being. I've become to think that you are dead, but I think I'm overreacting. Hope to hear something from you soon.
wisdom-of-me chapter 9 . 6/19
Haha, okay. So I checked out your other stories and found this AMAZING GEM. I don't know how you did it, but even I was swept off my feet by this cheeky and protective Link! (Just the way I like him...) Ah! I do wish that it had ended a little happier, but it's okay. Now I get imagine the Beast King venturing forth in a few years in order to court his bride. Okay, yeah. I'm gonna take a nap now and dream about that! Thanks again for the amazing story!
Phoenix's Inferno chapter 9 . 3/1
Sequel please! Loved this so much
starday chapter 9 . 1/22
please write a sequel. thx
Tempest chapter 1 . 1/21
Please write a sequel! I know I must be annoying asking like this but I'm telling you this is an amazing story that seriously should get published! I love it so much and it makes me so sad that there is no sequel. So please, if you ever can for all your fans out there(including me ;) please write a sequel. I'm really sorry if this comment is really annoying. But I meant every word I said! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
MC chapter 9 . 1/20
Please please plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz please please please plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz please please please please please please please plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz please please write a sequel! This is the best fanfic I have ever read! I would be really really really really really really really really really really really said to see it end here! So please, if you can, please please write a sequel. :(
RandomButLoved chapter 9 . 1/14
Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Perfect story with a sheer wonderful ending. This, is a writer that I look up to. From Link's sorrowful background to the personalities to Zelda as a whole was so well done, and I simply cannot wait to explore your stories for all that they are worth! ;3
Mara chapter 9 . 1/14
This has to be the most well rounded Zelda fan fiction I've ever read. And I've read A LOT! The plot, the characters, the emotions are just so real and believable. I could totally see this made into a movie. (Not that Nintendo is ever going to allow a Zelda movie to be made) :( You have real talent. You should be writing books and getting them published. I for one would certainly buy them. I hope there's a sequel to this sometime in the near future. If ever a fan fiction demanded a sequel, it would definitely be this one!
sabba5600 chapter 9 . 1/8

this was a great story, so excellently written with real believable characters and enjoyable romance and humor ,made me just want to sit and read this all the way through. I haven't checked to see if there is indeed a sequel (I Really hope there is/or will be) but I will have to keep an eye out for one.

now to look into other stories you have written ]
Schniedragon88 chapter 9 . 11/24/2014
Well, that was something. My only regret is not having found this particular fic sooner.

All in all, absolutely wonderful!

You've done an excellent job establishing atmosphere; the feeling of dread and just the sense that something was wrong was palpable throughout the story. That dread amidst a backdrop of seemingly joyful carousing... fantastic.

Your take on magic in this fic was awesome as well. Magic in the Zelda universe can be nebulous at times, but the way you break down different types, usages, and those who use it was creative.

Oh so many references to the various games. From the names of most of the princesses to small throwaway lines, I loved them all.

The relationships between the characters was excellent as well. All of Zelda's family have very distinct personalities, even those not central to the plot and could easily have been left out, and all of them act well within the character you've established for each of them.

I am actually quite pleased with the resolution of Link and Zelda's relationship. No easy fixes here; a rather terse farewell, but the promise of more teases the reader. You're absolutely right; you could very well make a story about Link having to make nice after the events in this one.

And I don't think I've ever read so many terms for different dances in my life.

Fantastic fic! I apologize if my review is a little lackluster, but I'd thought I'd give my two cents anyway.

shnickers chapter 9 . 9/25/2014
I haven't read fanfiction for a LONG time, and it looks like you've also left been inactive on this site for quite some time now. That being said, I came upon this story randomly through an extremely old email notification and decided to skim the first chapter... and I was totally hooked. So addicted that I only got three hours of sleep last night in order to finish up this wonderfully written and absolutely amazing story.

I remember reading some of your other ZeLink stories in the past, and I remember liking all of them, but this one just really resonated with me. It read like an actual novel, full of detail and editing, and containing a fun but intricate plot that starts off slow and quickly picks up speed. I love when writers put in that extra touch of research and craft an amazingly realistic world, full of culture, detail, and description. The fact that you gave the magical system in this universe a lot of love and attention was really apparent, and as an occasional fanfic reader who's had to go through her fair share of crap, I appreciated that extra attention-and editing! The festival itself was a nifty setting, and I am awestruck, again, at all the detail you put into it - religious, cultural, and historic aspects.

Zelda's sisters were awesome as well, and a unique twist to the typical Zelda fanfic. I don't think I've read a piece where she was anything but an only child, so crafting each sibling with his or her own personality, background, and relationship really gave it more depth. There were also some great themes throughout: being the outcast, self sacrifice, trust and betrayal.

I also thought putting Link in the role as the one with the knowledge and knowhow made for an interesting and new dynamic, since Zelda typically serves as the "informant" for a hapless Link in most of the Zelda games. This is why I like the ZeLink relationship so much - it's so open to interpretation.

"Into the Woods" is also a uniquely mature piece, considering so many of the authors on here are beginners or just writing for fun. I have to admit, I was initially a tad bit disappointed that ZeLink did not ride off into the sunset, simply because I am such a fan of the pairing and a big, gushy unrealistic closet romantic, but I totally agree that it was not appropriate for the ending... at least in this story. I won't beg and scream for a sequel, but... I wouldn't say no to one! Haha. :)

Zelda's growth, spirit, and personality were simply amazing because we all know our lovable protagonists tend to be... kind of one dimensional, with Zelda usually being all business like and Link being totally mute in the actual games. I do like that they are essentially blank slate characters because then all these amazingly creative people like you sweep in and craft something fun and different. I'm looking forward to the day when The Legend of Zelda actually features Zelda as the main fighting protagonist - not that I don't like Link, but I've been a firm advocate of *Girl Power!* since the '90s, so what the heck.

One thing I did notice was that their original pact was kind of discarded? I guess it became moot when they made the blood/soul pact, but it was something I expected to see some mention of at the end - though understandably it lost a lot of importance when Zelda was focusing on saving the world!

Anyways... sorry for this review being so scatterbrained, but I just wanted to reach out and proclaim how amazing this story is and how it was worth it to sit through seven hours of class in a zombie-like state in order to finish it - you know a story is good when you simply can't-put-it-down. And dammit if I didn't read the last 7 chapters all in a row. I might have to go see if your website is still up to read how you got inspired!
Glory of Dawn chapter 9 . 5/2/2014
Ahhh, while not what I had hoped for, this was immensely satisfying to read.

Where to begin.

I like how you wove the different characters into the story. It didn't feel disjointed, as if you were throwing in characters willy-nilly. It all made sense. I appreciated the dichotomy between the Links - and how you cleverly put Dark Link into the story.

To be honest, I did not see that plot twist coming. I had my cards riding on the nephew, Talo or Talin, whichever it was. But perhaps that was an intentional distraction on your part. Regardless, the trail of breadcrumbs lead straight to Julietta and Romio when I looked back at it. You did that well.

Where to go with Link. I'm sad there wasn't more romance, but this story didn't need it. It was fantastic in its own right. Your setting is fascinating, and your ideas on magic - especially with the Sheikah - are not only interesting, but ingenious and original as well. I, for one, have never read anything quite like this, and if there is an author you took inspiration from, I beg of you to give me a name. I digress. Link was a fascinating character. I see some influence from Ladyhawk, but I could be mistaken. You also threw me for a loop with his identity, by the way. I suspected he was the Pool's guardian, not the King of Beasts.

Really, I could go on. This is one of my top three favorite fanfictions of all time, and that is neither exaggeration nor an easy title. I do hope that I'll be seeing more from you, whether through stories you post in the future or those you've already done.

This is quality work. Publication quality. Once again, I urge you to harness this idea and publish it as your own, if these ideas do indeed belong to you.