Reviews for Into the Woods
Onee-san chapter 5 . 1/19/2012
This story is amazing! I love it! I love how you're telling it all from Zelda's perspective too. I feel like most of the time people write from Link's point of view, and that gets boring after a while.

Is it Romio that's draining everyone? I totally think it's Romio. Unintentionally, of course, but that whole pact thing? Come on. :)

I can't wait for an update!
Kokoa chapter 5 . 1/18/2012
Your writing is so good...D: May I idolize you?

You really have me on my toes! I'm curious about who is draining now...I think I have an inkling of who it may be, but gahh, I hope that I'm wrong! ): You've gotten my attached to all the characters. I love how each character is distinct and well-formed - no character is 2D, even the background ones! It takes an amazing author to do that. :)

Can't wait for your next update!
peachymomotaro chapter 5 . 1/18/2012
As usual, I'm happy to be learning more of the proverbial mechanics of magic, as it were, and sorry that I can't offer any more constructive review than that I am still enjoying the story thoroughly!

I would like to add that Tetra is consistently my favorite princess, however. Aside from Zelda, of course!
Chrysalide chapter 5 . 1/17/2012
I’ve been enjoying this story a lot. I really like the first few chapters: the very efficient storytelling and the nicely sketched characters. Every reader memorizes a lot of information by the end of any story, but I still think it’s pretty impressive that I can recall the exact order of the seven Princesses and which ones Zelda gets along with easily, and that getting all of this information in my head was really fun to do. I think Sheik’s characterization is a great achievement, and his relationship with Zelda is endearing and awesome and all good things. “I am as the Goddesses made me” had me laughing a while. He’s the perfect brother-slash-butler in my mind, even though he's really a bodyguard.

Thank you so much for writing this fic! It's been loads of fun and I'm at awe of how nicely the world you have created has come together.
Jay Foren chapter 5 . 1/15/2012
You're forgetting colour and princess ability.
Aiur chapter 5 . 1/15/2012
The amount of care and planning that has gone into this story is apparent, and very impressive.

I am typically weary of stories with this many (indeed, all) original characters, but your continued use of references to Zelda cannon through characters, stories, and phrases has proven to me that you are trying to expand the universe instead of creating a whole new one.

Your plot is intriguing, and many of the foreshadowing events have been subtle and well placed. It is frustrating for Zelda not to realize the true nature of Link, but I concede that it might be necessary for the plot of the story. Impa's refusal to expound upon it further was a nice cover up for the potential plot hole generated by the powerful Sheikah in this story.

I'm very much looking forward to this story's progression!
Complete the Circuit chapter 5 . 1/15/2012
This is epic. Really great story. I have my own suspicions about what's going on, who the person draining everyone is and stuff, but I don't want to put them here in case I (Incredibly) turn out to be right and spoil it for everyone.

Awesome work though!
Rensa chapter 5 . 1/14/2012
Great chapter! I'm enjoying this story more and more. The only niggle I noticed was in this passage:

"Possibly," murmured Link thoughtfully. "Or this may be another accomplice."

"But how do you know that someone was draining from me? What makes you so certain?"

"You've got traces of Dark Magic on you," Zelda said. "Someone touched you with a draining spell. Recently."

I'm guessing that Link was actually the speaker in the last paragraph?

Otherwise, fantastic work!

(nice 'excuse me' reference :)
Useless-Materia chapter 5 . 1/14/2012
This was so fun - your updates always are. I love hos everything is slowly falling into place, and things get clearer. This is just a small thing - I probably shouldn't even mention. But Mido is Saria's Sheikah, right? And he takes the form of a fox? In this chapter, he's also her fiance? Not that she can't have both - I just wondered if it was something glossed over in planning. :) The only reason I noticed is because of how much this story enraptures me! I'm excited to read more! :)
Caramelized chapter 5 . 1/14/2012
Haha, you used the "Well, excuuuuse me Princess" line, even if it was snarled. That's okay ;D!

I was definitely extremely excited to read this when I got it in my email. Each chapter gives way to more curiousity; especially that beginning bit. King of Beasts, :D.

Anyway, can't wait for more c:

-xLychee
FantasyMind231 chapter 5 . 1/14/2012
Great chapter, I love the humor.

There's a typo though [You've got traces of Dark Magic on you," Zelda said. "Someone touched you with a draining spell. Recently.]

I think you meant [You've got traces of Dark Magic on you," Link said. "Someone touched you with a draining spell. Recently.]

Keep up the awesome work :)
Generala chapter 5 . 1/14/2012
I had my suspicions about who is draining magic from Zelda and her sisters... but.. I m not sure now.. it could be anyone.

owww...
WhiteXIII chapter 5 . 1/14/2012
Yay! You just made this sicky's day much, much better. The little bit at the beginning was very interesting and it's nice to finally be getting answers from all the mystery. Poor Zelda getting ostracized because of her magic. :( And poor Link. Does he have some sort of silent spell cast on him?

Just a little editing thing: When Link said that Zelda had Dark Magic on her, you said that Zelda had said that. It's right before the quote, "Zelda was flabbergasted..."

Aside from that, excellent chapter as always and thanks for making my day!
zestycrouton chapter 5 . 1/14/2012
Well excuuuuse me, Lyxie!

hahaha... I love a good Zelda joke, and Link saying that in this story gave me a good chuckle.

Good chapter, as always. You're keeping me on my toes here with the character references; I actually had to look up Louise. Telma's cat from TP? Obscure. I like Link and Zelda arguing too. I dunno why, it just made them seem more realistic to me, which is a first for Link's character since he's been coming across as all mysterious and supernatural and whatnot.

I think I might have caught a typo though... although it may have been me misreading the sentence; I've had a mentally exhausting day. I think you called Link Zelda somewhere towards the end there, lemme see if I can find it...

"Possibly," murmured Link thoughtfully. "Or this may be another accomplice."

Zelda was flabbergasted. She couldn't believe it.

Up there, in the third line. It's not a big deal, really, I just thought I'd point it out.

Well, thanks for the update, Lyx. And tell Crazygurl to get her but in gear, she hasn't updated in forever! hahaha.

Keep it Zesty!

ZC
A.Pevensie chapter 5 . 1/14/2012
This continues to be such an amazing story. I love the mounting tension (especially now that we know something is STILL draining magic users) and the tantalizing glimpses of who Link is. Zelda's a wonderful character, and I love seeing both her interactions with Link and with her family. As a someone who grew up in a large, happy family, I'm a sucker for good children/parent and sibling interactions :)
257 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »