Reviews for Into the Woods
Sealy7 chapter 3 . 1/8/2012
Oh my, Lyx, I am loving this story more and more and more by the chapter.
zestycrouton chapter 4 . 1/7/2012
Oh, Lyx... Lyx, Lyx, Lyx...

I can't believe I didn't review your last chapter. Which is doubly horrible, because I was going to comment on you including an explanation of magic in chapter three seeing as its inclusion was likely partially influenced by my question, but noooo... I had to be a slacker. I mean yeah, I already thanked you for answering my question, but still.

In my slight defense, I haven't been reviewing any of the stories that I follow because I promised myself I wouldn't until I posted the epilogue to my story. I'm breaking that promise right now because I didn't want to go two chapters without reviewing your amazing story because then I'd feel bad.

The funny thing being you probably didn't even notice, hahaha.

Anyway, on to stuff that actually matters: Huzzah! The story is picking up! The Chancellor draining her magic? Caaaalled iiiit! But that's not half as interesting as Zelly's deal with Link. I was totally viewing him as an almost Rumpelstiltskin-esque character before, what with the name guessing and all, but now what with his magic root thingy I'm seeing him in a whole new light. I have to wonder, though; the great evil you spoke of that was sealed away in ancient times... Is that perhaps Demise? Which would be fresh to death, of course, but then I have to wonder if Ganondorf will make an appearance... I kinda hope you include both, plus Demon Lord Ghirahim, because the more crazy awesome bad guys the better.

Anyway, yet another great chapter. Here's hoping Crazygurl puts off updating her story until I get my act together and finish that stupid epilogue else I'll have skipped reviewing her latest chapter as well... Oh, the perils of being a lazy good for nothing. hahaha.

Keep it Zesty, Lyx

ZC
Anon3 chapter 4 . 1/5/2012
Hi!

I'm just dropping in to say that your stories are one of the best

I've read here in the Legend of Zelda archives. This one in particular is pretty freaking awesome. It has wit, humor, and mystery that keeps me wishing for another update. Nice job!

Anyway, seems things are really starting to heat up for Zelda. Chancellor Cole turned out to be a 'bad guy' (though I had my suspicions), Link is the King of Beasts (I think...), and for some reason, I think Romeo is gonna play a big part latter, due to his "bargain". It's suspenseful and the dialogue is once again smart and funny. The bit between Zelda and her sister Aveil is one of my favorites. Then we have Link and his mysteriousness. Now that they're "bound to each other", how will the plot play out now? How will Zelda's family react?

Thanks for writing!
ericcartmen 14 chapter 4 . 1/4/2012
that was amazing
TheLegendOfLink chapter 4 . 1/4/2012
If I had to choose one word to describe this story, it would be mesmerizing.

The plot is very perfectly thought it. It keeps me guessing, but it doesn't confuse me. It makes me want more. It's definitely unique, and I like the way it flows.

The way you portray Zelda is fantastic, she's refined, but humorous. She's witty and elegant and you could not have made her any better.

I love the way Link is. His mysterious side is attracting, and the way he played in this chapter really was awesome, I liked how even though Zelda is in trouble, he still keeps her guessing.

Basically, the way you pose your characters is amazing. Keep it up! I look forward to every update, I've been following since the first chapter. This story is definitely one of my favorites ever so far!
Ja Reedus chapter 4 . 1/4/2012
And the plot thickens!

Great job, I love how Zelda interacts with her sisters, and the chemistry she shares with Link is fantastic. Can't wait til the next chapter!
peachymomotaro chapter 4 . 1/4/2012
I don't know that I've mentioned this yet, but I love both the dialogue and the way the magical core is displayed in this story. It creates a very clear image for me.

Anyhow, a great read as always.
CrazygurlMadness chapter 4 . 1/4/2012
Oh, pooh, now I have to update as well. :p

I know at this point I've already beta'd for you and all, but for the benefit of anyone who reads reviews before reading:

The dialogue in this chapter is among your best: witty, swift-paced, intelligent, and damn funny. The mood you're setting also really works. Your portrayal of magic is clear and it feels real as a result.

The way the characters interact is also precious as hell: the sisters among themselves are each distinct and the reader ends up liking them all for different reasons. If anything, it's the proof that you can juggle a lot of people and give them all depth. Pure skill, right there.

... I just noticed your plug. Now I'm really gonna have to update.
phunky chapter 4 . 1/4/2012
I'm inlove with your story. The flow, the plot, the charcters. Everything ) I'm intrigued by "Link" and his behaviour.

Great work as always :) and I'm already following Fighting Gravity, thanks for the recomendation.
WhiteXIII chapter 4 . 1/4/2012
This was your least favorite? This was great! Your battle scene, though brief, had plenty of action and detail and was easy to follow. I still love the interactions and discussions between Link and Zelda. Though, I am slightly confused as to the severity of the bond Zelda asked Link for. Do they die if the other does or lose their magic or something? Regardless of that, this was another great chapter! It made my day. :)
Metal Chocobo chapter 4 . 1/4/2012
You write amazing fic. You may have disliked writing this chapter, but I loved reading it. I can't even begin to properly describe how much I enjoy this story, but I'll try.

The battle was neat. I enjoyed Zelda's instinctive attacks and Link's abilities. He's certainly something special, our mystery man. I think he's the beast king (that seems to be how you've set things up, but I could be completely off mark), but what that actually means is still unknown.

Very grateful Saria and Ashei came to their sister's rescue. The King certainly put his nose out of joint when he thought Zelda wasn't living up to his incredibly high expectations. It seems like he overreacted to the wrong issue (as opposed to freaking out over rogue sorcerers). Also delighted to see my suspicions and distrust of Chancellor Makivelo was well founded.

I consider this chapter to have been an early birthday present and I loved it (as previously mentioned). Can't wait for your next update, but I'm certain the wait will be more than worth it.

-MC
Useless-Materia chapter 4 . 1/4/2012
This story gets better and better with each chapter - the world you weave comes together so well the more you write about it. It's always a joy to get an email that you've updated.
Sakurelle chapter 4 . 1/4/2012
"Where's Impa?"

"She's off...doing Impa things."

Those are probably my favorite lines in this chapter, they had me laughing out loud. XD

I really liked the battle at the end too. Great chapter, please update soon!
peachymomotaro chapter 3 . 12/31/2011
I don't have much to say on this one, but I did enjoy it a lot! As well as the segment explaining the magic hierarchy, which was very interesting to me.
Random Reviewer chapter 3 . 12/30/2011
Well, as a 'lurker' (it means I just go around reading fanfics, and nobody knows I'm here *creepy*), I rarely ever leave reviews. But man, after I read your story, I felt you totally deserved one! This is, like, brilliant! I just /had/ to leave a review to beg and make sure you're planning on continuing this story... I admit I'm a bit anxious to see just what ends up happening. So, without any of my dignity...

*gets down on hands and knees*

Pleeeaaassseee continue this fanfic! :]