Reviews for Into the Woods
Mikure chapter 2 . 11/27/2011
The worst part of the chapter? Reaching the bottom of the scroll bar... :( I'm in love with this story, and I like how the companionship between Link and Zelda is growing. I can't help but find it odd that Zelda can't see the similarities between Link and the wolf, especially given the fact that Link even wears a wolf mask.
WhiteXIII chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Interesting. The amount of detail you put into this really makes the setting come to life. Link's introduction was good at the dance. I smiled when he came up the second time. :) Though, I am curious to know why she was so tired and what is wrong with a kiss...
Cimar of Turalis chapter 2 . 11/27/2011
A lot has been explained in this chapter and you have done a great job of keeping the story moving along while covering the material. I can tell you have put a lot of thought and purpose behind this story. It seems like you have done your research, both into Zelda stories and into more general storytelling to write what you want to write. It will be interesting to see where this goes, because as of right now, I'm still left guessing. Good chapter.

Cimar of Turalis
zestycrouton chapter 2 . 11/27/2011
Well. Right as I submit my review for your first chapter, I accidentally refresh the page and see that you updated. I guess that's what I get for putting off my reviews til the morning when I read stories late at night... Ah well. No harm, no foul.

So another great chapter. I really like Link and Zelda's interactions, and surprisingly enough (for me, at least)I really like the fairytale-esque back story for Romio and Julietta (I also really like the inclusion of random characters from Minish Cap). The blatant fairytaleness of it all just fits in really well with the world you've created, and not just because the Legend of Zelda is a world of fairies and magic to begin with.

I would, however, like to see an explanation of how magic works in your world. I know you're only two chapters in and you're hardly going to explain everything right from the get-go, but a little clarification would be nice. Like, Zelda's best with water magic; how many different kinds are there? And how do they relate to Quest? ...and what exactly is Quest, and how does it differentiate from all the other kinds of magic? oh, the questions that plague my mind...

Anywho, great chapter, loved reading it (as caught of guard by its appearance as I was), and I can't wait til your next update.

Keep it Zesty, Lyx.

ZC
RCabajes chapter 2 . 11/27/2011
I'm so excited to see that you're writing again! So far, I love where this is going - and I absolutely LOVE how you've characterized Link! Looking forward to the next chapter )
zestycrouton chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Into the Woods? ...Really? I mean don't get me wrong, it was a good musical and all, but the second act just kinda killed it for me...

Oh, er, review... right...

Lyxie! You've returned! And I'm sure every other review you've gotten thus far has said something similar, but I'ma say it anyway: Greatest. News. Ever. I mean, I thought it was awesome when Crazygurl came back, but now you too? This is probably the greatest thing that happened to the Zelda fandom since... well... a long, long time.

Now, about your story: Really catchy beginning. I really like the way you incorporated the Sheikah, it was intriguing, and all the scenes with Link were fun to read as well. All in all, great start and I can't wait to see where this story takes us.

So? You liking Skyward Sword? I won't say anything just in case you haven't finished it, but isn't Debbie (read: Demon Lord Ghirahim)basically the greatest Zelda villain ever? I hope you pop him in this story, even if it's only as a cameo, because that guy has forever 'filled my heart with rainbows'.

Anywho, I'll let ya go now. Have fun with the game, and post the next chapter soon!

Keep it Zesty,

ZC
Sakurelle chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
It's late (because I was playing Skyward Sword through the night, of course) and I probably can't brain English, but I couldn't go to sleep until I'd read this chapter and said that I did. It was so pretty! And of course, Link and Zelda's conversation is always a highlight. I hope you update soon!
Useless-Materia chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
So wonderful! I am just enthralled. I love the whole story - the fantastic characters (I LOVE that you use more of the less-appreciated female characters as Zelda's sisters, by the way - it's fantastic to see their interactions) and I really look forward to Zelda's interactions with Link - they are sexy and witty and like the rest of this story, very well-written.

The festival is such a fun plot fixture too. Needless to say, I am enjoying your story immensely. Ha! With this review, you'd think I was being paid to complement you! I promise it's all genuine, haha.

P.S. I loved all of the lore on your blog and how you're using so much in the story.
Metal Chocobo chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
Seeing your update may be the best thing that's happened to me during my Turkey break (partly because I'm suffering from allergies right now). I found myself laughing at parts of this chapter and am already thoroughly invested in this story.

Zelda is competent, level headed, snarky, and an all around great princess. I love her, the Sheikah, and her sisters. You're giving us fun wonderful details, like the bit about Shad or Link's comments. The short battle was well done and I couldn't help but grin at the bit between Impa and the wolf. Do not trust Chancellor Makivelo at all.

So happy to hear that you've got a beta. Even happier to hear that this is turning into something epic (I mean, it already feels epic). Seeing your posting about fairy tales and the research you've done makes this all the more exciting. I await your next chapter excitedly, the wait will be worth it.

-MC
FantasyMind231 chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
Oh good grief, that wolf! Who is he? *note the sarcasm*

Thanks for the shout out; and I didn't spot any this time ;)
peachymomotaro chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
This is absolutely lovely. We've just begun reviewing Celtic history in EWH at university, and this story feels very at home with some of the mythology and customs I've been learning about.

I'll admit I was very happy to see Tetra make an appearance, as she's one of my favorite incarnations of Zelda. Saria too, and otherwise I have liked the portrayal of just about every character. Heehee, Link is mysterious :)

I will be looking forward to more chapters as they arrive!
CrazygurlMadness chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
Bah, you know I love you.

Also, SKYWARDSWORD. D:

I just finished the 2nd temple. NOW I UNDERSTAND.

Love,

CM
Vehyn Fyre chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
OMG! No words can describe how much I'm in love with your story! Update soon please!
Sealy7 chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
This story is brilliant! I'm so happy you're writing Zelda stuff again; it's always wonderful to read your fics. Despite what you insinuated about this chapter not being all that promising, I REALLY enjoyed it. Like, REALLY really. If next chapter is going to "pick up," I'm super excited!

Thanks for posting! I can't wait for the next chapter!
FantasyMind231 chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
WELCOME BACK! *big hug*

Ohh, it looks like this story might top all of your other ones :)

Update soon please!

And the only typo I saw was a missing period ;)
246 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 .. Last Next »