Reviews for Into the Woods
Rexnos chapter 9 . 5/16/2013
This story has been sitting at the bottom of the list of about fifty in my inbox that I've been meaning to read but never quite get around to. It's unfortunate that there is a limit of hours in the day. I'm very glad I finally got around to it. I enjoyed it greatly.

I've always been fascinated by the characters you and CGM tend to use. While you take the names of characters from the Zelda franchise, they're really more constructs of your own making. I'm always amused that you somehow manage to fit them in with the roles they played within their games, and are yet distinct from each other within their own stories. They add an odd sort of familiarity between each of your stories without making them commonplace or repetitive.

What I found most impressive within this story was definitely your world design. I once again felt an odd amalgamation of the many games within the Zelda franchise, but in the end the construct was entirely your own. Familiar places popped up here and there, but in the end the setting was very unique. In addition, the magic system you created was about as unique as possible. It didn't seem to borrow from any system I'm familiar with in the least.

I feel like I should be a little annoyed with the ending, but it actually felt very solid. This story had reached a very clear end point. While it does leave a very nice opening for a sequel, it isn't required or entirely necessary. Link is willing to give Zelda some time to sort out her thoughts, but between the debt owed to him by the king and the connection between the two of them, it's only a matter of time before something will give. Regardless of whether there is a sequel or not, I enjoyed this story greatly.

KaChan84 chapter 9 . 4/15/2013
I really loved this fic, even though I am a little disappointed with the ending - not because they didn't get together but because Link didn't even show up during the Epilogue. Nevertheless, I really really enjoyed this and am looking forward to reading more of your stories :)
MissNovel chapter 6 . 4/4/2013
Total reference to romeo and Juliet. But.. Love the story!
rndomfan chapter 9 . 2/3/2013
I really liked this story, and definitely wouldn't mind a sequel! What I think was a bit lacking was the part of Romio and Julietta, I mean, the guy was practically killing the royals (Zelda, Saria, etc...) and was working for the freaking demon king, however unwillingly, and Julietta betrayed Zelda (as well as the kingdom). I understand the whole love makes you do stupid things, specially when you are as selfish and shallow as those two, that part is ok, but I don't think that someone that is so committed to their kingdom as Zelda (she gave up her own life for it) would just let them run around freely, I think she would do something about it, discreetly of course, to ensure they never caused trouble again (the kingdom comes first, specially over traitors). And yes, I would love to see Link making pretty to her, and struggling all the way, muahaha.
AnimeAngel90 chapter 9 . 12/29/2012
Why hello there amazingly awesome Zelda story from the wonderfully talented mind of Lyxie! How did I miss this one? This is what I get for not keeping my Author stalking up to date!

And now I find myself stalking your blog to find out with glee that you are planning a sequel and it makes me rather happy. Huzzah! Please make Link do lots of grovelling to win her back? :D

About this story, I obviously quite enjoyed it, however I found some of the explanations regarding Link's nature to be a little confusing. Of course, that could also be because I was rushing to finish the story and so probably missed a line or two like I tend to do. But that's ok! That means I can re-read it later, like I do with all good stories. You do not even want to know how many times I've read Highmoon. And Chance. And most of your stories. Fangirl/stalker here, yes. Just a little.

Anyways keep up the amazing work and I shall eagerly await more LZ goodness from you, whether it be sequels or more amazing oneshots!
an anon chapter 9 . 11/14/2012
Wow. Ok first, this story is amazing. I really really love this world you've created. There are all the little references to Zelda games but you had it all in this original setting which was really refreshing! (the setting kind of reminded me a lot of Robin McKinley's Hero and the Crown series...). The way you had the Sheikah as the bonded companions was a nice touch.

Another thing I really liked were the interaction between the sisters. You managed to make each of them interesting in their own way and how they were with Zelda. (I looove your Tetra!). I like how you didn't have Zelda and Link go happily off into the sunset in the end, it fits with how you've written her. Also the conversation between Zelda and her ancestor LOVE

I really hope you write a sequel. Yeah yeah a romance is nice, but I'd like to read more about Zelda and her sisters, more about the Academy, magical adventures, and what have you.

Once again, awesome story

couriosity chapter 9 . 10/30/2012
this is GREAT! It is so well written I LOVE it! Please please please! Please tell me you are writing a sequel? Please? this ending feels lkke one of the games. Always close, but never touching. Never finishing and never getting together permanately.
Starlight-killer chapter 9 . 10/6/2012
I enjoyed this. Great job.
lizzpercush chapter 9 . 9/29/2012
This story was awesome. I powered through it in four hours; I just couldn't stop reading. I loved the plot and the twists to Link's character and integration of past historical events in your 'verse with the present ongoing action. I would love to see a sequel for this, but thanks for the amazing read.
Slip of Red chapter 9 . 9/15/2012
WANT A SEQUEL! And yes I'm probably one of those screaming fans that you mentioned. I am a Kirby fan, but I took a little time off to come read some Link stuff. You've satified that wonderfully. PLEASE WRITE A SEQUEL!
linzel 4eva chapter 9 . 9/10/2012
Hi over there!
this is my favorite story you have the most original stories I have ever read!

and ummm I was wondering if you'll continue "Ordinary Story" cuz' I really like it I think is the most original actual zelink fanfic.
SNSET chapter 9 . 9/10/2012
ummm Hi!
I wanted to tell you that this is a woudnerful story I really like it!
you have written great stories, most of them are my favorite!

PD: Sorry if my English is simple and has any Grammatic/Spelling mistake, but it's not my first languaje n.ñU
RedCladSheikah96 chapter 9 . 9/2/2012
This story was so well written I was hooked in an instant. I've also noticed I have read various of your works, and I plan to continue reading them. And please, please write a sequel for this story! I swear I would be the first to read it. Keep up the amazing work!

el chapter 9 . 8/14/2012
PLEASE PLEASEEEEEE write a sequel omg. I am lately gotten really obsessed with Zelda & your fic is the first one I could sit through and I fell in love. This story is so interesting and amazing and so well written! Loved it. Loved loved how you wrote Link and Zelda. Amazing. PLease consider it :) What a wonderful job you did!
flaaaareon chapter 8 . 7/25/2012
Before I go onto the last chapter, I just want to tell you that I've been a big fan of your writing since "Ordinary Story," and I remember reading it years ago when I was still in grade school. Now I'm in college and I'm still just as amazed with your writing. This story has been amazing, and I love your way with words with all the great detail! Keep writing, you're an amazing author!
259 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »