Reviews for Chains of Blood
I wish he was a mage, that’s far more interesting then a basic warrior. Also it would be nice if you could give him a personality beyond family above all and cold calculation.
Wait is this a story about carver? Cause I could give less then a shit about carver.
Prince of Petersburg chapter 96 . 7/4/2020
My only regret is you decide to not kill Cullen as well, other than that it’s an amazing story.
Niftu Cal chapter 96 . 5/16/2020
Chances are you won't see this review, but I have to commend you for this work. Once I started, I couldn't put it down. From the very beginning, I could see the groundwork being laid for where Carver's story would end with Garrett. Garrett's flaws were complex and relatable, as were all the characters you wrote of. Even the Arishok and Meredith were multidimensional. While there were only a few twists that truly caught me by surprise, even the predictable elements were done very well. The duel with the Arishok was genuinely tense, and the culmination of the story just... heartbreaking. Bravo.
caveydude chapter 96 . 12/8/2016
Wow. Such a pleasure to read. Thank you so much for writing this!
FrostyChops chapter 96 . 11/19/2016
Well... Damn I really don't know what to say. That it was a masterful roller-coaster of emotion, intrigue, courage and foolishness both? That it was a beautifully truthful take on Dragon Age 2 with a brutally bitter and hollow end? That you encapsulated so thoroughly each characters problems and personalities and all the things that grow from them?

It was certainly these things and many more, but there isn't much I can say that'll do this justice.

So all I can say is: Thank you :)
Delais Starlight chapter 57 . 8/29/2015
Aaannnd there it is.
Delais Starlight chapter 54 . 8/29/2015
Well; I finally decided I'll never play Dragon Age II and that I could thus read your story without fear of spoiling the game. It took a bit longer for me to start to fully enjoy it that it did with all your others. I suspect that would be because I never played the game so I don't get to see how you have made the characters different from how they were portrayed in game. Still, I'm fully invested now.

Having just finished this chapter I felt happy to see how well things are working out for Garrett. I then instantly felt a flash of panic as I realized that the only logical next step in one of your stories was for everything to go to hell in a hand-basket. Alas, if only you didn't write so well I wouldn't keep reading these horrible tragedies.

I'm now playing Dragon Age Inquisition, so your current tale shall have to wait until I complete the game. If only I had thought to check and see what sort of background you had chosen for your protagonist; perhaps I should have chosen the same one for my character to see how closely our choices or outlook on the game aligned or diverged. Ah well; too late now.
5 Coloured Walker chapter 96 . 4/24/2015
A great story, well worth the read.
I noticed the occasional typo, but such are incredibly minor and intent is obvious, but otherwise I can not stress how great this story is enough, if you have the time, read it, if not, make the time.
5 Coloured Walker chapter 14 . 4/23/2015
You know, I won't be too surprised if they don't kill Isabella later.
Jean Danjou chapter 96 . 2/22/2015
Well. I may be crying. You bastard. What a deep mix of sadness, unsatisfation and satisfation, of happines and saying goodbye to an old friend. Sail away.
Jean Danjou chapter 95 . 2/22/2015
The chaos, the horror, the sheer insanity. Terrifying. How much I missed this story.
CynderJenn chapter 96 . 12/21/2014
And now I need to hug a kitty.

After everything Garrett did for power, to be the viscount, only to have to give it up right away. The old saying "Be careful what you wish for" comes to mind.

Now I'm left wondering what happens to everyone after this. I know Varric will show up in your next story, but will Garret and Merrill survive everything that happened? Most of all, what happens to Kirkwall after this. The city that was already plagued by demon infestations having that much more blood soaked into its soil, it won't be a safe place for future visitors.
CynderJenn chapter 95 . 12/21/2014
You know, I bet that was highly satisfying.

I wonder, who has the larger overall body count, Lynn or Hawk? At this point I'm t thinking Hawk because that was an all out slaughter.
CynderJenn chapter 94 . 12/21/2014
Its a good thing Varric is on Hawk's side. He can stir a crowd to anything.