Reviews for Lily of the Lamplight
DangoSu chapter 1 . 15h
Hi, dear George (sorry if you don't understand this message, my mother tonge is the spanish so... im really sorry).

I'm from México (the north of México) and... oh, i love this story. Es muy difícil para mi escribir en inglés (a pesar que puedo leerlo con facilidad, ¡qué tontería! ¿no?), maldición así que me expresaré en español y después trataré de ponerlo en inglés(?). Amé está historia y de verdad que, aunque sé que no la terminarás me gustaría que me dijeras como terminó. No pido algo extenso, quizá un mensaje corto donde solo me expliques lo esencial por que de verdad lo necesito.

El pruaus es mi pareja favorita pero... no me gusta esta historia por eso, es diferente y me hizo sentir algo. Hizo mi corazón latir y llorar a pesar de estar inconclusa, con sólo cuatro capítulos. Tus otras obras también son buenas, eres alguien increíble, me inspiras.

No espero que leas esto, pero si es así que entiendas mi sentir.

Well, it was just that, if you can't tell me the end of the story (in few words, because probably you don't understand ;; )

I don't expect an answer, this going to be the only message that i send to you.

¡Besos y abrazos! Te envío los mejores deseos desde la tierra de los tacos, fiestas y la familia.
Sky-Hetalia-Trash chapter 4 . 10/7
NO NOW I UNDERSTAND WHEN PEOPLE BITCH ABOUT THIS BEING UNFINISHED OMFG I HAVE TO CONTINUE IN MY HEAD NOW FUCKING FUCK IT WONT BE AS GOOD
shadowtiger96 chapter 4 . 10/5
omg. this is one of the best fics I've read. I love your stories. why no update
notreallybrave chapter 1 . 9/8
Well, hello there.
I'm just... somebody. I stumbled upon this fic by chance. I decided to read it. I didn't know it would break my heart.
I've read this story in 2017 for the first time. By then it was no longer being updated for about 4 years. I've searched for the traces of this story in other Veraverse stories and found them, I know what you had in stock - but this story is still hanging unfinished. It is still incomplete. And I feel like it's cruel to leave it like that.
I know that writing outstanding stories isn't easy at all. Maybe you just stopped without any reason in particular. Maybe you have problems with your health or your life, any problems really that made you give up. Maybe it was the idea of writing about WW2 again that made you leave this story frozen - I don't know. But I hope that one day, you will finish it. You will tell us what happened to your characters, how it all turned out. What they felt. I believe you will. Maybe it won't happen on FanFiction. But I would travel a thousand miles and wait for a thousand years just to hear your continuation. Because your storytelling is beautiful. And because no matter what you write about, nobody can do it like you.
I will wait until you continue. And I hope that your own life is wonderful. That you have just as much love given to you as your characters give to each other, that you gave to your stories so they could shine. That you are alive and well. That no matter what hardships you face, you survive them in your own way.
Please never forget how you inspire us. All of us.
Have a good day.
notreallybrave, a.k.a. Al, a.k.a. the person who can't speak English properly - but hopes his thoughts reached their destination safely.
This story ends here? You fuckin seriously?
Still my favorite fanfic
Love it.
You go team fairy!
I love all of em
Update! Update! Update!
Guys I have a horrible thought. What if Devalier stopped because he got sick. Like really sick. And he couldn't continue. Guys I'm crying so I really hope he's okay. It makes sense his bio kinda hinted at that. But really. I don't know if anyone else thought of it so I'm sorry. George, I hope you're okay and have a person who loves you as much as Feli loves Ludwig. Dear heaven I hope you're okay. If you died and left us with this unfinished work I will kill you again. You really should come back to finish these.
Inky-Paws chapter 4 . 7/30
Cliffhangers. Ugh. *dies inside when I check the update date* So, umm... are you going to update? Please? *puppy eyes*
This story is so AMAZING my heart hurts just by realizing that it won't continue. I really wished to know what happens to all of them after this,do they survive?how will the relationship between gilbert and roderich depeen and blossom?what changes does roderich make? All of these questions will haunt me forever and it pains me that such story with deep significance could be discontinued. But if by any chance it could get continued once again it would make my life complete and happy,but by any means i would like to give the author credit for writing such an amazing and wonderfull story along with Besame mucho and Auf wierdeshen sweetheart. This story is just beautiful and i will never forget it! I just hope that the author of this story has success in the future and i must thank him for bringing all these wonderful emotions in my life with this amazing story and got the chance to give these fandom a truly astonishing stories. Thank you so much!
Please read chapter 4 . 7/6
Amazing, breathtaking, masterpiece.

You write them so beautifully. The emotions, the feelings, and the scenery AMAZING.
It just makes me sad that everytime I re-read this wonderful story, I wouldn't be able to see the ending or how it plays out. My mere imagination can't keep up with your wonderful story because you always put in little details here and there, that makes the story much deeper than it already is. And the emotions, the words and the conversations is only something you can do. And also the actions, every single action has such meaning, I remember when I first read the scene where Gilbert gives Roderich a flower, that scene is so beautiful I cried.

I know that there is slim to none percent that you will continue this but (you might think that this is idiotic but I'm a hopeless) I will cling to that hope that someday you will continue this masterpiece. You know, it's fine if you don't have regular updates, you can update once a year and that will be fine because as long I know that you haven't given up on this story that is enough for me.

I know its been a long time but please consider continuing this story.
Thank you for writing this story, this masterpiece, this world.
Thank you for writing this story.

You said in your profile that this will most likely not be finished and I try to assure myself that it's fine but everytime I re-read this beautiful story and imagine that I wouldn't be able to see how it plays out until the end, it just hurts. I can imagine but it's just not the same. The way you express the scenery, the feeling and the emotions is just amazing. The way you connect this with your other stories and how you play things out is just indescribable.

Thank you for creating this story, this world.
I hope that you will consider continuing this masterpiece, though there is a slim chance, a person can hope right?
cetessam chapter 4 . 6/28
Please update this! its too amazing, i love your writing... please continue its so good!
Please chapter 4 . 6/10
Please finish it?
Ailia Alfaro chapter 4 . 5/23
Oh George, how could I even begin? Telling you your stories are marvellous and thanking you for them is so meaningless. It feels like some part of me got lost by reading your work, but that I gained more than I could've ever imagined. It has been a year since I finished reading all your stories, and I cannot describe in a simple comment on a site how much you, a person whose real name I shall never know, changed who I am and will become. You did indeed change my life, my choices, my attitude towards everyone and everything. My empathy surely never me hurt as much as when I read your stories, as I did cry several times per chapter even when nothing sad was going on.
The path I am choosing for myself is all your merit. You are the first person I always thank after any accomplishment, because you did become as much of an example to me as you became a rival. I will arrive to the point where I can thank you for everything I did, not for what I am about to do.
If my life was a film, your pen name would've been the first to show in the credits.

Besides how Natalia-ish everything sounds, even though i know you will never read this, i will get back and write here again. It may be in 2 years, it may be in five, but i will never, never forget you, George deValier.
And I lied when I said I have read every story. I am saving "Gallipoli" for a special occasion, even though it is one of your first ones and probably has it's flaws.

All I can say is, "wish me luck as you wave me goodbye", because "you'll never know how much" I owe everything to you.
-Melissa (actually)