Reviews for Aftershock
Great story! Loved it!
Musette Fujiwara chapter 9 . 6/9/2010
I liked it...
Tearle chapter 9 . 5/27/2010
I *loved* this fic. I especially loved that you didn't have Draco make up excuses or try to hide the fact that the reason he wouldn't side with Voldemort was because it was a false power.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE SAID ABOUT DRACO ALWAYS.

He wasn't dumb - in fact, he was made out to be highly intelligent, second only to Hermione in school (at least, that's what I gather from MY readings of the book) - so it's not like he couldn't see through the whole "yes, I'll give you power, but not really, I'm just using you" thing.

He was raised to believe that NO ONE was better than a Malfoy. I can't imagine he would've taken his family's grovelling (especially Bellatrix's) very well when seen first hand. There's no way Draco would've ever submitted himself to it. I firmly believe JKR misjudged her own character when writing him.

I like the slow development of a relationship. I like that Hermione imagined a different Draco to help her through the torment of the actual one. I like that Harry accepted him. I like that he had weird quirks, like looking at the stars and drinking powdered muggle hot chocolate. This made him real.

(Also, one of my favorite parts was when Draco was like "Of course Harry would have an orange car...he'd have a Chudley Cannons sticker on it if the Ministrey wouldn'tve confiscated it." What a fantastic little detail to include. It's the details like this that really made the story.)

Perhaps the ending was a little rushed, but had you extended it, it might've dragged on and ruined a perfectly great story. I hate the fics that get them together and then tear them apart immediately, just to keep the drama fresh and the story going. This was a good place to end it.

Thank you so much for sharing your story.
FM chapter 9 . 7/27/2009
I really enjoyed reading this story, and I'm glad you wrote it. DH is one of my favorite pairings, but they're so often misused. You very delicately handled their transition from wary acquaintances to tentative friends to true lovers. Their emotions were believable and true. Congratulations on a well-written work!

FM
snarkNsass chapter 9 . 4/23/2008
I just read your fic and loved it. It's so sweet and introspective. I like the imaginary Draco bit that Hermione had. Sweet fic.

Thanks for writing,

Umma
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 9 . 3/25/2008
wonderfully cute!
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 8 . 3/25/2008
great chapter
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 7 . 3/25/2008
percy a death eater, eh? didn't see that coming
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 6 . 3/25/2008
very nice
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 5 . 3/24/2008
wonderfully interesting!
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 4 . 3/24/2008
wonderful chapter. nice to see draco so human!
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 3 . 3/24/2008
wonderful chapter
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 2 . 3/24/2008
totally sounds like draco's hitting on him with the nightcap thing!
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 1 . 3/24/2008