Reviews for Lament of the Hidden Hero
ForgottenPrince chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
This is a wonderfully written poem. I captured the way I imagined how Adam felt of his burdens as his duel rolls. Thank you for this :-)
Talon88.1 chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
that was great! the way that you cast adam as a boy forced to carry a burden that would cripple many men, really did show off just how strong one has to be in order to continue to fight, even when the world around you treats you horribly. all in all, a very well done, composed poem.
wykdjsta chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
This poem is astounding, you really tug on some heart strings for poor ol' adam.
Change-Of-Heart2 chapter 1 . 3/11/2004
Nice, very nice. I could swear that I could hear Adam talking as I was reading this, and feel what he was feeling. Beautiful.
Deathsshadow000 chapter 1 . 6/19/2003
By the GODS! You nailed this! I mean, the way you wrote this sounds exactly like the way Adam would feel. This blew me out of the water. You have an excellent talent with words. Don't ever stop.
Scuff chapter 1 . 12/10/2002
I love it. Waaa...i wanna cry. It's so sad but true yes?
anmonymous chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
I loved it! I was a young mom with two kids when the original He-Man was on and we'd watch together. I always felt so bad for Adam and I think your words really captured his feelings every time the king looked upon him so disapprovingly.
Draquia chapter 1 . 8/25/2002
Hey that was beautiful. He Man and She Ra were my favourite cartoons as a kid. I still have whatever videos of him i could get! I think this poem is really sweet, but i think you should have added She Ra in here. I mean, Adora liked Adam for Adam, and she was certainly a weak spot for him. Those two would do anyting for each other. He was never completely alone.
Juliefrosta chapter 1 . 5/26/2002
Thank you all for the kind reviews. Sorry if this sounds mean but I do hope I made you cry. That was my goal to invoke emotion. Don't underestimate the power of my hero. He is greater than any mere 80's cartoon and action figure. He was a childs protector from the horrors of a world gone mad. He was the solace in the darkness that grabbed at the little girl and tried to eat her as her mothers cries echoed from above. He was the comfort in the lonely heart of the odd one. He is now the refuge of the woman who hurts when faced with a world still as mad as the one she left.

He-Man was ever my hero, he always will be. In my mind he became greater, stronger, more beautiful than any mere 80's cartoon. He saved me.

Through my work I hope to share the love I have in my heart for this man who though not real truly was the most powerful man in a five year olds universe!

Enjoy him, he is worthy of your time, your talent and your regard.
Draconis Carpathius chapter 1 . 5/25/2002
Although I never really cared much for the storylines or the characters of the cartoon, I liked your poem. Lament of the Hidden Hero pretty much sums up why I didn't like the show: a secret identity for He-Man. A little too Super Friends-ish for my taste, even at the age of 8. But still, your work is very heart touching and if the cartoon had had even a hundredth of its heart, it wouldn't have been nearly so cheesy and one-dimensional, but hey, it was an 80's cartoon. What did cartoons know about depth in the 80's?
Dazed and Amazed chapter 1 . 5/23/2002
Note to self. Don't read angsty poems at work, cause everyone asks why you're crying! God that was good. That was so profound and heartbreaking! Please write more HeMan stories, there aren't enough of them out there!
MadRain chapter 1 . 5/18/2002
Hi! I really liked this. Don't listen to people telling you NOT to write he-man, because really there isn't much on TV that has any real feelings. You're doing great. But I digress - I admit I came here with ulterior motives (even though I was pleasantly surprised with a good fanfic)

I wanted to share with you the following link, based off of a review that you submitted in He-Man's fanfic. It's users/heman. It's some of the funniest stuff I've ever read - it's all about the misadventures of He-Man since his show was cancelled!

Oh, and I also wanted to say that 127 lbs. of redheaded irish american sounds like a whole lot o' beauty. ;)
Twilight chapter 1 . 5/11/2002
Awesome work! As a huge fan of He-Man and She-Ra, I love how you can go so deep in the development and emotions of these characters, at the same time you stay true to the characters. The series dabbled with characterization, but they had so much room to do more.
Tishalulle chapter 1 . 5/5/2002
That was beautiful and heart wrenching. I'm practically speechless. Wonderfully done, you completely broke my heart.
diana chapter 1 . 5/5/2002
hey that kinda sounded like spiderman (saw the movie today) naw, this is really good, u wont like this but, you shouldn't waste your talent on something as belittling as he-man. i mean he's awesome and everything, but the show didn't have nearly as much emotion as you put into you works. i guess it doesn't matter what you write about, it always catches my attention!