Reviews for The Hard Choices
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
This oneshot is one of my favorites:

"For all the hype about getting her period and losing her virginity, she personally believed that a girl's first midnight raid, underground militia, near-death experience, werewolf chasing, and half dozen or so Cruciatus curses were a bit more life changing."

Those do sound a lot more life changing.

"If by 'that' stuff you mean nearly killing you, school's been busy."

Beautiful answer. I love it.

I'm glad you can't get back because you haven't figured any of this shit out yet. I love Ginny.

"It's you, jackass. You're scared of yourself."

Ron rubbed where she had hit him, frowning in deep suspicion. "Don't mean to argue, but that's not why I've been skivving off the shaving mirror."

Siblings. I love them.

"Sometimes being a good friend means knowing when a friend can't hack it and standing up to them.

Sometimes, she hated her own advice, but hating it changed nothing. Ginny knew what she had to do. This had gone too far. Her heart hurt, ached for her friend and Commander by the time he finished giving his orders and started making his slow, painful way up the stairs to his dormitory, but her hand was steady as she reached into her pocket for the Galleon and called the rest of the Senior Staff to a private meeting in the Divination classroom. Ron had been right. This was hard.

But it was war, and war wasn't supposed to be easy."

That had to have been such a hard decision. But it worked out. Neville needed to see what had happened to him.
I'mgoingtoHogwarts chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
I love reading sibling stuff:) You should write it more!
Elledreamer chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
Oh, I really liked this. I love your writing and I'm still tentativley waiting for AP to be updated...

But this was lovely. You've captured them both so perfectly. I love how Ginny doesn't start asking all about Harry and Hermione, or lecturing Ron but she's just being there which is exactly what he needs. You get Ron so spot on and characterise him so well. I love this sibling bond they have and you show it so well. I think because Ginny is so close to Harry and Hermione he sisterly relationship with Ron is often forgotten about so this was lovely to read.

It's kind of sweet that it's Ginny giving her big brother advice instead of the other way around and it's just a testament to everything that happend in DAYD to her that she can do this.

That idea of having to be strong and just step in is really interesting too. It does take someone very brave to do that, especially for Ron who always feels so insecure, to be able to face up to 'saviour-of-the-world-Harry-Potter' and Hermione as well. It's nice that Ginny knows this too.

I have a funny feeling that if Ron had known everything that Ginny had been through he'd ask after her more, but I think in this moment, he needs her although I'd bet that Ron starts to question it once he's sat and thought about it.

Ron's my favourite HP character so any brilliant fic about him I find is a real bonus!

I'd love to see more interactions between these two because you write it so well and it really works.

Good job!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
I doubt Ginny ever saw Ron during that time, but very nice. Keep writing
Ansa88 chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
on that note, nothing good in life is easy.

wow, nice...just whoa...

very nice wife you've got there harry. she can be a shirk for ya. XD but siruisly, this is wow. talk about deep stuff...and stuff.

poor neville, poor everyone in this blasted world, and those that died cuz of stupid people.

i love the whole thing with ginny ninja-ing on ron. :P

gosh this is random.