Reviews for Cards on the Flat Surface
bountypeaches chapter 9 . 9/10/2014
Great chapter.

I do think Booth would be pretty vanilla. He is the kind of guy- if it isn't normal he isn't doing it. But I wouldn't call him a prude either. I think he avoided talking about sex with Brennan because he was physically attracted to her.

Personally Booth has trust issues far more than Brennan. He would never allow himself to be put in a place of vulnerability with anyone probably as a result of his alcoholic father. Even though he talked about "making love" I think that can only happen if you open yourself up emotionally to someone else which I don't think Booth would ever do.
bountypeaches chapter 6 . 9/10/2014
While I think Booth was in love with Brennan before the dream - I don't think he was aware of it himself- hence the changes in his brain scans. They also had GGW and Angela talk about how he fell in love in the coma dream.

As Avalon said he gained something in that dream- for me that was knowledge that it was love mostly because I actually don't think Booth understood what love was himself. Booth never grew up with a proper pair bond- so he had never seen what romantic love looked like. He had a very idealized vision of it. So the first time he saw their relationship in that context he realized it was love.

It is curious that you think he realized he was in love in S2. Booth knew Brennan didn't leave with Sully because of him. That was why it was so awkward between them and they needed GGW. I think he would've made a move if that was the case and not waited for years.
bountypeaches chapter 5 . 9/10/2014
Lol I actually liked Ian. But yeah Michael was scum. I do think he was probably her first love in some ways- (he was probably her first lover). I like your idea that it was her experience with him that scarred her. For the most part she was actually very emotionally available with him.

I do agree Booth probably took her rejection personally (when it wasn't meant to be). But I am of the belief that Booth sabotages his relationships in the belief that he isn't good enough. Its why he only picks emotionally unavailable women. HH says he choses women who will say no, I think that way he gets avoid opening up himself. All his relationships have been exceptionally shallow. Other than Brennan we have never seen him open up to anyone. Even when Cam tried to pry about Jared he stopped talking to her for a year.
bountypeaches chapter 4 . 9/10/2014
I think Brennan was pretty honest with Mark and Jason. She wasn't even planning on sleeping with Jason. They probably assumed she was just playing hard to get. If you are not in a committed relationship- I am not sure you aren't allowed to see other people. Otherwise Booth kind of crossed the bounds in the 100th too considering he was seeing another woman at the time and was more than willing to jump into bed with Brennan. Plus the whole Hannah thing- telling Hannah he had no feelings for Brennan and then telling Brennan

Brennan has known about her connection with Booth for a long time- going by the vows at least since Aliens in a Spaceship. I think she came out wanting to tell Booth but the next episode she realized he was dating Cam. I think that stung which is why she said everyone needs connection and tried to sees the murderer guy.

Then of course Booth drew a line. Booth had told her twice that they couldn't work together if they were seeing each other. I think that caused her to bury her feelings as much as she could. There is a line in the sides from S2 from Gator in the Girl- "He’s far too important to me to ever squander what we have on a romantic relationship”. That was always the crux of the problem. The closer they got the more afraid she was of losing him. But I think she realized she loved him at least by the S4 finale- if you are Brennan its pretty hard to write a love story unless you are in love. After that she never slept with another guy. She didn't sleep with anyone in S5 or in Maluku. And turned down every date on Valentines day even though Booth had drawn a line again.
Mei-Lin200 chapter 10 . 11/10/2013
I wish you had kept updating this!
ark030288 chapter 10 . 1/17/2012
That was fabulous. I can't wait for more! If you want any help with editing for grammar, spelling and little typos I would do that, just lay me know. Overall, GREAT. I'm super excited for more!
bblover228 chapter 10 . 1/16/2012
Oh. My. God. That was so damn hot. I loved it. You are doing a fantastic job, I can"t wait for more.
featherdusterpixie chapter 10 . 1/14/2012
love it!

featherdusterpixie chapter 9 . 1/14/2012

loving this story!

cant wait to see how it progresses. are you gonna include the gravedigger trial?

no leaving the country for bones or booth!
featherdusterpixie chapter 8 . 1/14/2012
love the smut!

you write a really good sex scene!

featherdusterpixie chapter 7 . 1/14/2012
i love it!

featherdusterpixie chapter 6 . 1/14/2012

poor booth!
featherdusterpixie chapter 5 . 1/14/2012
featherdusterpixie chapter 4 . 1/14/2012
that's what needed to happen.

talk to bones in her language!

featherdusterpixie chapter 3 . 1/14/2012

love it 'squint squad intervention'

59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »